Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,001 reviews matching the search
Experience at workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
Working at Tim Horton is indeed a good experience as we have a deliver a good customer service, we try to improve better and better in order to maintain our customers' expectation. Tim Horton culture is to satisfy customer's satisfaction, as our guests are the main priority.
Being in management team, i learnt how to manage the floor so that we can work together as a best team. and also since we always have big rush, i have to be multi-tasked and work under pressure.
Pros
It improves my experience in customer services.
Cons
Under-staffing- it causes an issue during peak hours
Very productive workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
Throughout my time working at Tim Hortins, I have learned many different skills that changed me into a more hardworking person. The main skill i acquired was time management.
Pros
free donuts
Cons
long hours standing
management experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB26 April 2017
I got promoted as a team leader and it has developed my inner skills while managing my team and made me more confident while working in the fast paced environment.
Excellent Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
Extremely professional, excllent team work among employees, higly skilled managers, secure job, various opportunities to grow professionally, flexible hours in relation to schooling times
Alright workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS26 April 2017
The people you work with at tims are usually great. You always have some bad apples but the staff usually try their best to be kind. The manager that hired me is great and very kind. The store owner is a sweet man as well
Pros
15 minute break
Cons
constantly standing
A productive fun place to work at.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Tim Horton's. A responsible, dependent,fast working place.At Tim Horton's I was a excellent Team player. I worked with least supervision.
productive day at a restaurant
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC26 April 2017
Working at Tim Horton's was a memorable time. We had to be really productive and fun as well. We didn't want to make the customer wait long in order to get their order. The management was nice to everyone, even when we needed help, they would help us. I really learned to work in a group and being able to do it fast while giving a good customer service.
Very Fun but Gossip Filled
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON26 April 2017
The work space was fun but the co-workers were rarely pleasant and when I had to change my hours because I was in high school I was not treated fairly and threatened to be fired
Fast pace and fun workplace
Coffee clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
The workplace was a really face pace environment with multiple things going on at once. It was enjoyable and rarely got bored as there was always something to do. Interacting with customers on the daily was a positive experience and catering to their needs was enjoyable.
Great Staff
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
This was a really exciting place for me to work in as a first time job in sales. The manager was really nice and it was a fun and friendly environment.
Cons
angry customers
working as a family
SERVICE CREW (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 April 2017
Tim's is a family-oriented environment. Everyone is supportive to each other's function, always greet with a happy smile, and working even at peak hours is enjoyable.
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 April 2017
I felt that there was much to learn while at Tim Hortons. Excellent work-life balance for the team I worked on. There were great opportunities for growth and generally a positive environment to work in.
Pros
Ability to work autonomously
Cons
The butt of jokes
The management and work place is good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 April 2017
I am doing customer services in Tim Horton's. You greating and sale food to people. I learned how to get along with customers and people work inside are very nice and friendly they help each other. It is my first job and it is very enjoyable there.
Pros
Delicious Food
Cons
Not much more development in the future
It's good job if you are going to school
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 April 2017
It's a lot of cleaning and prepping at night for night shift. There's not much customers after 11 pm compared to 5 am in the morning where it's usually busy. Its fast paced when working with a a drive thru than without as the employees take their time serving.
Pros
50 percent off products
Cons
low wage
fun workpla
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
i love work with different people or culture and i like to learning more to othere people. my manager ws very friendly and lovely she knows how to work with people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
40hours
The overall experience was good in tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2017
Almost, every day is busy atTtim Hortons.so, I learned about lot of things like time management, good customer service etc. work environment was good. I enjoyed there while doing work because dealing with customers improve communication skill.
Pros
free coffee
hard and pushy workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Erin, ON25 April 2017
The job itself was fairly easy, but the management was judgemental and tend to pick favourites when doing the jobs in the workplace. They made assumptions about my personal life and was rude when asking for a day off.
Productive work environment
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 April 2017
The work environment was okay. There was some divide between management level employees and those who were simply working part time as students. The orders received were reasonable and were able to be put away and unloaded at a relatively fast rate.
productive
Cashier & Server (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON25 April 2017
A good starting job to get into the working world. However I don't find the food service industry very appealing to stay in long term. I ended up watching the clock in down time once I'd done all other duties between serving customers. I need a job that keeps me challenged and working steady from beginning to end. I don't like down time.
Enjoyed working with staff everyone worked well together.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 April 2017
I first started with Tim Hortons in 1989 in Spruce Grove and absolutely loved it. I started at front counter and worked my way to assistant manger, than went to Oakville did all training and became manager. Continued to work in Spruce Grove and enjoyed all the challenges along the way. Moved back to Lloydminster and worked at Tim 's here. After a few the GM made changes that had conflicting effects with staff and it continued and it was not the same anymore I did not agree with some of it so after 20 years with Tim's I resigned. It was a hard decision because I loved my job.
Pros
Meeting goals that were set for stores, seeing our regular customers everyday.
Cons
Not consistent with changes they would make.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.