Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,295 reviews matching the search
Productive.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mcphillips Street Winnipeg ManitobaAugust 25, 2016
Busy store. Fast paced. We always take good care pf our customers. We give them fresh coffee and fresh product. Very strict of health safety and we always make sure that they will get the best service that they need.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKAugust 24, 2016
Everyday is busy mostly during morning middayspecially.Ive learned how to be more multi tasker in everything you do but its so much fun. Management are ok as well as the my co workers i love them specially when after the busy hours they are so fun to be with .The hardest part of this job is that when someone didnt make to work and where busy its such a hassle.
Pros
half price for the items
Cons
short breaks
Good co-workers, poor management
Night-staff baker (Current Employee) –  Beausejour, MBAugust 24, 2016
Store owner leaves a under-qualified manager to her own devices to run the store. Quality and efficiency is minimal all supervisors lack actual training and try to use their position to abuse other staff members.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Under-qualified supervisors
Fast Paced work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 24, 2016
At Tim Hortons, you must be able to thrive while under pressure. There is constantly things that need to get done. The hours are long, but the tips are nice, and the customers are friendly (for the most part).
friendly and competitive environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 24, 2016
At tim Horton's you as well as your team members are always striving for better results. This is what I love about working at Tim Hortons, everyday you are setting new goals. Such as, decreasing drive thru times or increasing sales in lunch combos. I love working in a team environment and at Tim Hortons, it is all about working together.
Pros
friendly staff
best place to work
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 23, 2016
great
confidence is what i achieved
compromising with any kind of people
hard working and understanding
keeping it clean
great customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
loved this job...
Tim Hortons Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MBAugust 23, 2016
Worked for Tim Hortons for almost a year and became a supervisor within 3 short months of working there. I was the fastest on soup and sandwich and would often excel at the task that were given to me. Things started to be hard when other management members were treating me unfairly, said snarky remarks and all out made it very uncomfortable to even be in the workplace. We were told to always come to the manager if there was anyone making us feel uncomfortable but noone ever did anything about it, or if you did say something you were bound to be treated unfairly by the person you were trying to escape the problem from... Loved the job but found it very hard to fit in...
Pros
best job ever
Cons
workplace bullying
Fun, Productive and Discounts
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 23, 2016
I love Tim Hortons and everything about it. The beverages, the food , all the coworkers and especially our customers. I have gained so much experience here that i never thought i was capable of, from my supervisors to my other coworkers everything has been great.
Pros
Discounted menu items
Cons
No Cons
Enjoyable workplace

Training new employees

I learned

- Time management skills

- How to be responsible

- How to be cordial and understanding of others needs

The hardest part of the job:

Trying not to eat all the donuts

The most enjoyable part of the job:

Being able to communicate with customers and free food
Pros
free food
Cons
free food
Friendly environment
Store Front Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 22, 2016
A typical day involves serving customers which includes taking orders, preparing and serving their needs and helping them with their grievances(if any).

This is the first job of my life, so i have learnt a lot from this already. It has made me even more punctual. I know how to work in a team since team work helps you to achieve anything you want. It has taught me how to take care of the customer's needs and wants. Being quick in a fast paced environment is a key factor to survive and i have embodied that very well. The most enjoyable part is that you work with a diverse group of individuals. Everyone is from a different part of the world which makes learning and working interesting everyday. The hardest part would be dealing with impatient people but keeping your cool and still helping them with a smile on your face, everytime.

I joined this job as soon as I migrated to this country and this job has played a big role in making me feel comfortable and used to the life in this country.
Pros
Discount on food, friendly management
Cons
No fixed hours
Friendly faces and hard working experiences
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  555 Burhamthorpe RdAugust 22, 2016
An average shift for me would be 6-7 hours on the store front serving customers and afterwards unloading and organizing new inventory such as cups, drinks and frozen products. An average shift for me would typically end between 10 - 12 hours, and I was given 30 minute breaks. The co-workers I worked with were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was stocking the inventory up after a lengthy day shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was how friendly the customers were and how easy it was to speak to them. Something I've learned working in this environment is a good sense of customer service. Management was very professional and friendly, hardworking and fair.
it ok.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 22, 2016
You need a job- just work here. But when I got hired I was told that I was being hired for a full time position. That was back in MAY. and it is now turning tot he end of August and I still havent worked for more than 15 hours a week.
you can work a 8 hr shift and only get 2 15 minute breaks.
Decent enough
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 22, 2016
Better then any other fast food place. But since the company sold out to Burger King their business practices have gone down hill. But that's working for an US based company for you.
great
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONAugust 22, 2016
busy, hardworking staff, the costumers is what it is all about, they are friendly and kind. Waking up first thing in the morning to serve that first cup of coffee is what it is for.
fast paced
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2016
working at tim hortons challenged my speed in a crazy and rushed environment. in the end it was beneficial because it teaches you to work in a fast paced environment but still be aware of small details which can affect a customers day.
Fun and helpful people. Good enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 21, 2016
Tim Hortons is a fun and good environment. All the employees work well together and have no trouble. I enjoy making people happy when giving them their order and when our workplace is just happy.
hae excited experience working with new client
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2016
best work experience in different environment. Sometime had to work long hours with same attitude and manner. sometime so stressful to mange employees in busy time.
Pros
support
Cons
long shift
fun work place.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons was a fun experience. the team members were good and we all played our part to make work easy and fun for both ourselves and the customers. i have leant that in order for work to be done correctly all all have to work as a team to achieve the company's customer reliability. it is an experience i can not deny was fun and enjoyable.
Busy work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2016
Management was awful. They yell at you and treat you like dirt. they made you worry about job security constantly. All about the money, less about the people. I wont ever work for them again.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
overworked, underpaid.
Workplace
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2016
Good Company good working environment,, nice people too..
flexible co owner.. busy store.. clean store and store following standards