Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2017
I had a horrible experience working for tim hortons, in my opinion theres no value to working in an environment like that, your just a pawn and you dont learn any responsibilities other than taking someones order.
productive
Front Counter Customer Service & Baker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON21 November 2017
fast environment, good people to work with. Very enjoyable. Hardest part of job was being in the freezer during delivery time. Most enjoyable part was free coffee and donuts.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
being in the freezer
stepping stone
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Winchester, ON21 November 2017
I took this position to get by on. I disliked management, disliked the hours, the staff weren't friendly, and it was not rewarding work. The customers for the most part were rude! Oh and lets not forget the ugly uniforms!
Great first job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 November 2017
Tim hortons was my very first job. It taught me all sorts of things such as how to communicate with other people, handle money, count money and many other responsibilities.
Felxible Hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 November 2017
I prefer this as a temperate job not full time just part time.The company tends to care more about the bottom line than workers opinions even when they're money saving ideas. Coming in during the overnight shift I'd frequently find the showcase full of food. A good $2,500 per week is probably wasted keeping food items "well stocked" in case someone from corporate walks in.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management and discount
environement de travail turbulant avec aucune esprit d'équipe
Formatrice (Former Employee) –  St.-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC20 November 2017
Au Tim Hortons. C'est le stress, le non entraide par certains collègues de travail. il n'y a aucun avancement ni augmentations de salaire.
Pros
expérience avec les caisse et clientèle
Cons
pas d'avantage sociaux ni augmentation
upbeat, fastpaced workplace with nice people
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia20 November 2017
A typical day at work included taking orders, making coffees, and making soups/salads/sandwiches etc. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet and interact with new people, the hardest part was probably dealing with big orders on drive through at busy times.
Pros
free donuts, cookies, muffins and coffee or tea while working
Cons
not super flexible with schooling hours
terrible
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 November 2017
job was terrible they treat you like animals and you make one mistake even after probation you can still be fired because they just dont care about you as a human
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive and fun place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 November 2017
my typical day at work was the busy lunch rush with the school kids, i've learned so many things about working in the fast food industry, the management was saficited, the workplace culture was great because i got to work with different cultures. the hardest part of my job was taking the orders on drive thru while ringing the customer bill threw..i think the most enjoyable part of my job was working with great ppl and great staff
Pros
the customers
Cons
short breaks
Productive,fast paced, friendly enviroment
Drive thru Cashier/Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 November 2017
A typical day at tim hortons is busy espeically the mornings. It is fast paced and fun. I enjoy making people feel welcome and putting a smile on there face when placing there order and making there beverage,just the way they want it.
Pros
paid breaks, discount on food and free coffee
Cons
Very pleasant staff great managers
Baker (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL20 November 2017
Fast paced which i enjoy.Very nice co-workers and managment.Was a joy everyday to go to work and meet alot of new people.Making peoples day better was awarding to me.
Pros
great job
Cons
Worked in steadybrook which was to hard getting back and forth.
Good starter place
Operated the Drive- Thru window and sales register (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON20 November 2017
Typical day was working till on counter or drive thru, as well as making coffees and completing orders. I learned more about time management, also not to make assumptions on what a regular orders. Management was not accommodating and when time was required of (doctors appointment) they would to give me the time off. Working there the hardest and more enjoyable part was working with the customers.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Not willing to accommodate
great people to work with
Team member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB20 November 2017
good fun work and great people to work with i just wish it was a better paying job and better management and wish they cared more about employees requests
Cons
long hours and not enough break time
Great Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ON19 November 2017
great first job, was able to make friends and built loyal clientele over the two years I worked there. Typical day at work usually consisted of me helping anyone I could while enhancing customer engagement. everyone loved working with each other and typically enjoyed coming into work. hardest part of the job was the physical exhaustion that came with standing for 9 hours. most enjoyable part was being on the same shifts of people I've gotten to become close with and making customers days.
Pros
working with friends and seeing customers smile
Cons
management wasn't the best and needed improvement the first year and a half I worked there
A great workplace
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB19 November 2017
For a first job, Tim Hortons was great as it showed me how to be responsible and how to set priorities. I met lots of great new people and found another family with my coworkers.
ennuyant et aucun respect mutuelle entre les boss et les employers
Cassier (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC19 November 2017
les horaires sont biens mais le comportement des boss est désagréable et sans-raisons. De plus, hyper stressant.
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
pause, le comportement des haut placer
fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2017
great customer service, made customers orders on food and drink orders in store and took orders from drive thru, cleaned and made sure store front and washrooms were clean
Pros
discounts
Cons
fast paced
Great if you like your coworkers
Store Front (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 November 2017
Fast paced, team oriented environment means if you don't like your coworkers you're not going to have a lot of fun. But if you do, it's amazing and rewarding.Video training sucks but there's always help when you get confused on the floor. Mistakes are okay as long as you make it right. Hardest part of the job is cranky customers but thankfully they come and go.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Tiring
Travail productif
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2017
C'est un bon emploi Mais n'est pas faites pour moi
Pros
Atmosphere chaleureuse
Cons
Courtes pauses
fun workplace
Store front (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2017
I would love working with other people making a new friends . I prepare busy day because I can work a fast paced. And its important in everyday at work you learn something. Love your job so will enjoy it.
Pros
making friends
Cons
i dont like when its not busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.