Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,562 reviews matching the search
Toxic work environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC28 June 2017
Heavily punished for small mistakes, over demanding managers, issues with posting a proper schedule, absolutely rude and belittling. No empathy for workers with depression and anxiety that have issues when being abused by customers. Don't tip out whatsoever except to favorites.
Pros
Large discount of food while on shift
Cons
Overbearing, rude coworkers, ridiculously slippery floor in the work area even with non slip work shoes.
first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 June 2017
this was my first ever job as a kid in highschool. i always worked hard and always want to do better and wanted to start by getting a job young and i got lucky and got to work at tim hortons. i learned the basics of customer service and how important it really was.
Très belle expérience de travail
Assistant-Gérant (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC28 June 2017
Au court de mon expérience Tim Horton, j'ai et l'occasion de travailler en équipe dans un environnement de travail enrichissant et qui m'a permis de me développer personnellement et professionnellement.
productive and fun workplace
Team member (Former Employee) –  Canada28 June 2017
i have enjoyed the work and have gained lots of skills. this job would be best for someone who is just starting to work or is in school as it is fairly flexible.
Friendly work environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2017
Tim Hortons is a friendly work environment, with flexible hours to accommodate your schedule, especially if you're a student. They give you opportunities to grow within the job and help you develop skills that will help you in future employment or day to day life events. The hardest part can be the short staffed shifts, and long lines of people. That is easy to get through if you have co-workers you get along with and enjoy working with.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Short Staff
Depending
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC27 June 2017
It's depending on which Tim Hortons you apply.
Everyone hates my bosses and no one stays because of them. So I don't like working there.
But other Tim Horton can be nice.
productive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 June 2017
I learned how to deal with many different people. moreover, I learned how to deal with pressure work and how to finish the work on time or earlier. most important thing of working in Tim Hortons is teaching you how to solve problems wisely.
Cons
short hours
horrible
Part time employee working front counter (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC27 June 2017
wasn't aloud any vacation time whatsoever nor was i aloud to call in sick and was constantly treated poorly by management owners and supervisors. do not recommend.
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 June 2017
Good management...good place to learn how to multi-task. it can be hard when its very busy and everyone is trying to make drive thru times. But it's all part of the fun
a very productive place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 June 2017
i worked evening shifts on weekdays and morning shifts on the weekends so i dealt with the morning, lunch and evening rush, i learnt to work fast, i enjoyed the rush because my shifts went by fast but it was sometimes hard.
Pros
flexible hours, great coworkers, benefits
Environnement de travail relativement bien
Commis en restauration (Former Employee) –  Ange-Gardien, QC, Farnham, QC27 June 2017
Travailler pour Tim Hortons est un travail très exigeant physiquement. Lorsqu'il y a une bonne relation entre les employés et les superviseurs, assistants gérants et gérants, c'est beaucoup plus facile de travailler avec la pression.
Pros
Relations entre les employés
Cons
Courtes pauses
A good place to work.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 June 2017
I liked working at tim Hortons and the management and employes that I worked with are all great and fun to work for. I would like to work for them again if there was any job openings in the future. If I had not had my son who is 9 years old now and I had not wanted to stay home and look after him tell he stared school I would still be a timmies worker I think.
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2017
great place, needs more improvement in some areas, it just depends on the area you live in and how youre gonna handle certain situations. certain managers dont know how to run the buisness
Good Job for anyone !
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 June 2017
Its a good job to work at, flexible with hours, good group dynamic. workplace culture was great, it was easy to get along with other employees and management
Pros
good breaks, reasonable wage
Cons
smelling like coffee ! lol
Productive but too much pressure
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Some Tim Hortons are really great. Sometimes the management is not so good. There was a time when 3 of us left for closing and yet too much duties to do for only 3 person.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Amazing place. I was able to learn many new things and new skills in this workplace. Managers and staff were very nice when I first started and showed me the ropes.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 June 2017
Coworkers are nice. Management is great. I had fun working in that place. I considered that place as my second home, my coworkers as my second family.
pretty good work place
cashier (Former Employee) –  monct26 June 2017
it was a pretty good place to work until found out i was pregnant and hurt my back by falling on the floor. I got fired from the tims in the mall because i broke up with my daughters father and his mother fired me because she was my manager.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
to much on a pregnant girl
fun and challenging
Food Counter Attendant/Baker (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 June 2017
working in Tim hortons is fun and challenging can be learn a lot of things it can improved our self confidence. Tim hortons provide a training for those willing to learn and work here.
Pros
free food
Cons
busy
Great learning experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
Was definitely able to learn a lot quickly about customer service. Often very fast paced work that kept me on my toes but was often hard. I was trained more by just experiencing being in a busy time than through their online system. It was often a lot of time on your feet but the people who you worked with often were enjoyable to be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.