Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,046 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Martensville, SK17 January 2017
Nice place to work and start your experience with a fast and friendly service.
Serving complete service in a hospitable manner.
Product serving should be on its quality
Productive and stimulating workplace.
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
The clerk serves customers, replenishes empty products and prepares food. Hours are very flexible but the work is very demanding. Hardest part of the job would be to wake up early in the morning, the clerk must be a morning person.
Pros
flexibility in the schedule
Happy environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Burk's Falls, ON16 January 2017
I think working at Tim Horton's was a very good job because it helps people gain a lot of useful skills they can use in their everyday lives. The team members worked very well together and the store manager was sure to accommodate to everyone's working needs. The manager provided us with the necessities to be able to work our assigned shifts happily and safely.
Pros
Understanding Manager
Cons
Hot environment
fun workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 January 2017
- learned about the great customer service skill.
- learned hoe to lead a team
- co-workers are great
- most enjoyable part of the current job is interaction to the customer,
Good workplace
Baker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 January 2017
I work overnight on the weekend so it fits in my schedule perfectly. I make all the food (pastries, doughnuts, breakfast, etc...) and then I clean up my area. I only work with one other person overnight and I do get along with her very well. I also get along with my other co workers when they call me in to work during the day. The hardest part is lifting all the heavy boxes. I enjoy baking in general, I love baking at home a lot so decorating the doughnuts is definitely fun.
Pros
Free food and overnight shift
Cons
working overtime sometimes
Great place to explorer knowledge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
BEST PLACE TO GET GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. learn how to work in busy environment,under pressure,time management.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
continuously work in same position
Not a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 January 2017
Very fast paced and demanding. I have learned people can be very cruel. The management are ruthless, uncaring, and showed no knowledge of how to perform employer/employee interactions. Concerns go unanswered and are blatantly ignored. As in any workplace some co-workers worked well together whereas others didn't. The hardest part of this job was seeing the unfair treatment of good people (co-wokers) I made a few friends who are still friends even though we are no longer employed with this company.
Pros
Cons
revolving door
fun and friendly place to work
Store Front/ Drive thru (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2017
it is a friendly and fast past environment where you are given many different opportunities. Most days are busy and go by quickly./you never stay in the same position during your eight hour shift, which is nice because you get to try more things. for example most days I spend half my shift on store front counter and the other half on drive thru as order taker, window person or runner for the food and certain drinks. I'm very fortunate to have amazing co-workers that make each shift enjoyable and whom all work well together. As well as my management and store owners team, they are very approachable and are always willing to listen and do what they can to make sure you are succeeding and find it comfortable and enjoyable at work. each staff member is assigned chores each day to help keep the store look presentable and fully stocked. I love all the different people that I get to meet on a regular basis and seeing our daily regulars. while at this location I've learned all of the positions in the front of the store. the most challenging part of the job is when you have a customer where English is their second language because it can take a little bit of extra time to complete the order and not all of our other customers have patience or understanding for this.
Pros
getting to meet different people on a daily basis
I like working here but would like more hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON16 January 2017
Nice people nice place. I would like more hours. I would like some closer to where I live. I would like to make more money hour if possible.
Was a good first job
FOH (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, AB16 January 2017
Worked here for two years, was a good starter job. Typical day was serving customers and making sure their orders were made correctly and efficiently.
Tim Hortons is a decent company.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
It is an okay company to work for. Not much room for growing. Seems to be a filipino based company and only they get promoted. Very fast paced but lots of language barriers.
Fast Paced Fun Place
-Easy to learn job
-High expectations
-Minimum wage
-If you work hard YOU WILL BE PROMOTED
Pros
Discounts on food/food plan
Cons
High expectations
Poorly opperated, obvious that staff is unaware of what they are doing. Managers are also noticably unaware of their duties.
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON16 January 2017
I was told by my manager that I was going to get better training when I was not trained at all. Staff loves me and notices I am a hard worker but got picked on about the weirdest things, for example, I messaged my boss around 10:15 in the evening and as I work night shift and start at 11 I did not find this to be out of the ordinary but I had gotten in trouble for it.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
The attitude of the store is horrendace.
first job
Supervisor & Truck Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 January 2017
was a great first job teaches a lot about work ethics , customer service and being punctual , the owner is very strict and it is very hard to get raises, even as a supervisor
Amazing work place Overall
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Tim hortons team members are generally full of positive energy all the time, its nice working with people you dont dread seeing on a daily basis. When i wake up in the morning before work, i wonder what the funny story is going to be today. The work environment and also the customers are lovely but the only down side i see is management.
Being a supervisor or manager i believe they should be the ones showing everybody else just how to do things. They should be the ones to encourage the rest of the team to get through the shift while doing a good job. But instead, ive noticed the managers and supervisors do the least amount of work and deal with customers way less than the other team members.
Tim Hortons is defiantly a team job, you need every pair of helping hands to make sure that the customer comes and goes a happy customer.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Min. Wage pay for team members
productive and fun workplace
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 January 2017
Challenging
Everyday you learn new things
Good management
Fun and goodtimes with co-workers
It gets stressful sometimes
Serving the nice customers and when they show you that they appreciate your work.
Pros
coworkers, free coffee
Cons
sometimes gets stressful
Stressful job, great coworkers.
Team Member/Baker/Cashier/Graveyard (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 January 2017
Although management for this job is the worst I have ever dealt with, the job itself isn't awful. With great coworkers and an upbeat environment you can have an enjoyable experience despite management itself.
Pros
Discount during shift
Cons
Constantly changing schedule and poor management.
Its a good job over all
Food Counter Attendant (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 January 2017
My job is to present a good service and make sure the action I made met the company standard.
Since my store is in the mall, the rush hour will be between 9:00 A.M. to around 7:00 P.M.. The main challenge would be stress handling and self motivation. Every action need to be fast and accurate.
I learned a lot from this job: Never gave up is one of them. Tim Horton's is always a busy place, yet the job is to serve people under any condition. Self motivate and self discipline is very important asset for the job.
Management system is a bit dated. Most of the time the management team will do a great job. However, when something unusual happened, management seems not good at handling. Another thing is making compromises.
The co-workers are friendly and nice. Most of the time they can do a great team-work. All of them are nice to others. All of them can help me out when I need them to.
The hardest part for the job would be remain calm and make decisions as fast as I can. Sometimes people order many things at the same time, customers have bad attitude, short of product, and many other situations. The action need to be fast, and reasonable. Even there is ten things need to be done within a very limited time, I still need to organized things in priority in my head.
The most enjoyable part will be people I work with. They are nice and supportive. Everyone know there position, and do a great job to support everyone in a great way.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
not related to my major
management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 January 2017
A typical day started a 7 a.m. at the pick of rush hour. I learned how to handle customer complaints with patience, tact and understanding which enhanced my problem solving skills.. Learned how to better pay attention to details. Became more people oriented and developed excellent communication and negotiating skills. The most enjoyable part was during fundraising time raising funds camp.
And the hardest part was the standing for the entire shift except for the breaks. My management team was one of the best team to work with.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
Standing for the entire shift
Productive workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE15 January 2017
Had a great experience in more than one aspect when I was working at Tim Horton's.Not only was focused on the job tasks but also learn how to interact with co-workers, managers, and most important one is dealing with different kinds of customers