Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 8,214 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work, lots of learning
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2017
Good place, learning, socially interaction. had lot of fun. flexible with availability. my first job in Canada.
have good memories with take care of their employees
Pros
Improves social skills
Cons
Not Much growth chances
fun and productive
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosetown, SK23 September 2017
happy environment. im happy and well treated. employers are nice and very supportive. lots of opportunity ahead. benefits are good. people treat themselves with respect
Team work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2017
The management is a bit bossy and not understanding. I suffer from a mental condition and certain days of the week I am not productive. They took advantage of my weakness and hired somebody else on my place who gradually took all my hours and I am unemployed now.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Bad management
awful place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON22 September 2017
the management is awful and goof luck getting any hours you actually want. Overall a depression atmosphere and unhappy employees and customers. really just not good.
Good Company
Corporate Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 September 2017
Good company to work for, works well with family time. Fast Pace environment. you get to meet your regular guests and be in a happy, friendly culture.
fun to work here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2017
I like to work here . Coworkers are nice and friendly . Meet various people everyday and some regular customers . Overall its good to work at tim hortons.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2017
Knowledge of the activities performed by managers forms the basis for management training yet little is known of tasks performed by managers in the health service. A study was performed to identify the managerial role of three physiotherapists randomly selected from eleven physiotherapists in charge of large hospital departments who had taken part in a previous study to establish a profile of perceived tasks.
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC22 September 2017
Je m'entend bien avec mes coéquipières sur le plancher. Cela amène une bonne énergie pendant mes quarts de travail. J'ai appris à être capable de faire plusieurs choses en même temps, tout en étant ordonner et efficace. Côté management, ils font de leur mieux pour nous satisfaire. Ce lieu de travail est fait pour les gens capable de gérer le stress et être en mesure de donner un bon service. L'aspect le plus difficile est de communiquer avec des clients qui n'ont pas de respect envers l'autrui. L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste est de travailler avec des amies.
Pros
Pourboire
Cons
Courtes pauses, très peu d'avantages sociaux
High Stress Job
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON22 September 2017
This job is not just for simple minded like everyone seems to think. The people who work at these jobs work their butts off for LITTLE MONEY!
After working there for over 8 years do not expect to be making much more than minimum wage. These jobs do not allow for advancement for many people. The hours are long 9 hour days. It is a very stressful job, the people you serve can be very impatient and ignorant. Overall not a great place to work.
The people I worked with were like my second family but that doesn't make the stress any less.
Pros
free lunches, 30 minute lunch break UNPAID
Cons
no work/life balance, high stress job, pay doesn't increase, working every weekend
Clean environment
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2017
a good start for a newcomers in canada or a student, a fast-paced, clean environment but its a fast food and you have to deal with good customers especially the bad ones
Friendly and productive fast paced environment
Team Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  1094 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6H 1M521 September 2017
Tim hortons has a very friendly and social environment. It helped me gain a lot of skills including communication, time management and most of all leadership skills. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to work there.
Pros
Good pay and gained many skills
Cons
No cons
Cashier/Customer Service (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 September 2017
Its always fun working in fast food business but you dont have a fix schedule, I have learned a lot from here specially how to deal with costumers and how to manage your work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No fix schedule
Employees are kind and fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, NB21 September 2017
This is a very busy place or work and you are often short employees required to get the job done right. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and the half price food and drinks is nice
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Miminum wage salaries
Fun to work, happy place and don't feel bored
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB21 September 2017
Great store and company, fit for any people who wants to give happiness to others. Also great surroundings and I'm so happy to be part of this company
review2
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 September 2017
this was a great job for first time cashier experience. Great way to exercise your customer service skills. Their is a small room for advancement within the company.
it was a fun place to work at days went by fast
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 September 2017
it was an alright place to work for days went by fast and nights went by slow met some awesome people i made coffees and bagels/breakfast and learnt how to move faster and safer in the work place
Busy atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 September 2017
The atmosphere is very stressful, not enough time to complete all tasks in a day. Heavy work load. If an employee calls in sick, I found it shocking it became my duty to find a replacement for that shift and I couldn't I had to work it. I felt it should have been the employees responsibility to find their own replacement.
Pros
drink hot beverages for free
Cons
too stressful
Good starting job
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON21 September 2017
Overall the job is easy. It isn't a bad first time job but I couldn't see myself being there too long. Also, there isn't too much benefit. Time does go by fast during the rush hours.
My First Job, and hopefully not the last
Team Member/Cashier/Sandwich/Midnight Shift (Current Employee) –  Carbonear, NL21 September 2017
As I was starting my College in Carbonear, I decided to get a job to support my tuition fees. I happen to be persistent at getting a position in Tim Hortons. The Manager and Supervisor noticed my eagerness and hired me as soon as 2 weeks was over.

I begun as a trainee. After CD training, I was thrown into the busy world of Tim Hortons' and noticed how the work never stops. When there are no customers to serve, we are left to stock our cups, lids, sugar, creamers, milkers, and just everything that are required to keep the service going. When all things are done, cleaning makes up the rest of the time.

I am focused and determined at getting things done, which made my employers keep me and eager to keep me under them for as long as possible. They are willing to help me with just about anything that I have trouble with, ranging from School schedules, inconvenient shifts and interpersonal relationships at work.

It's the best workplace I've ever been into, and gladly the first.
Pros
Free T-Shirts, Discounted meals and friendly environment
Cons
Hot stuffs all around
An awesome place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 September 2017
A fun job, very hip and fast paced. Always changing and updating styles. Always something new coming and going.
Great employees, an awesome discount for staff. Truly was a great job.
Pros
Fast paced. Fun. Employee discount.
Cons
The business closed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.