Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,816 reviews matching the search
fast paste and fun.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
a typical day at work would be busy, from 6am to 11am. ive learned that working at tim horton i gained some confident, and grew some personal health. the management at tim hortons is good. i love getting along with my co-workers, its always fun and nothing to worry about when im with them, they made my job fun. the hardest part of the job is multitasking when its busy, because were so rushed and hurried that i couldnt think straight on doing orders. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying our costumers with there coffee, bake goods, sandwiches, and soups, every body leaves happy at time hortons.
fun workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2016
people are nice to work with and I like the management team!
a typical day at work would be busy, from 6am to 11am. ive learned that working at tim horton i gained some confident, and grew some personal health. the management at tim hortons is good. i love getting along with my co-workers, its always fun and nothing to worry about when im with them, they made my job fun. the hardest part of the job is multitasking when its busy, because were so rushed and hurried that i couldnt think straight on doing orders. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying our costumers with there coffee, bake goods, sandwiches, and soups, every body leaves happy at tim hortons.
Tim Hortons beautiful experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
business dynamics requires practicality and speed in the execution of processes, requiring attention, care and fast reasoning, energy full work day to ensure customers the best service, teamwork is necessary for better development and completion every day.
a wonderful experience of living with co-workers with different cultures from all over the world and all with the same goal.
Pros
Canadian consumer learning
Cons
constant change of co-workers
Fun workplace at tims
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 November 2016
Long hours not enough pay for what we girls do in a run of a day.

The hardest part of this job is to keep your mouth shut when customers yell throw things at you

You learn to have to deal with stressful situations

Co workers I love like my family

Management is grate at my tims

My tims you got family they treat you good they try
there best to work out shifts for us all.

Best part of the day is when you know your shift is over and you can go home and see my kids
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long hours /less of a pay /on your feet alot
Been working here for almost a year, and havent been happy with the job for more than 6 months, mainly due to poor management and poor staff treatment
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 November 2016
Staff are treated poorly, and although floor staff are lower ranking, they/we are treated as such with little to no care for our needs or wants. Additionally, reviews for staff members were done in the first week of October, and as of November 29, I, along with a few other key staff members, have still yet to receive our review.
Pros
Floor Leaders usually keep things flowing smooth, and treat staff as actual people.
Cons
Management, hours, treatment of staff.
Fast pace environment great for a first-time job for students
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Lassalle, QC5 December 2016
Honestly the only thing that kept me there were the tips, on a bad day I'd make 5 to 10 dollars whilst on a good day 15 to 25 dollars. But with the stress put on the employees to maintain a fast pace, & horrible customers its not a job for sensitive people. Also, it can be very dangerous, so if you're someone that doesn't wanna end up with burns & bruises or possibly injuring yourself off a wet floor just to serve a bagel with creme cheese under 60 seconds its not for you.
Pros
Tips (allowed in certain locations)
Cons
long hours, too demanding for low salary.
keeps you busy for the whole shift
Cashier/Stock/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Colwood, BC1 December 2016
typically over night shift workers do a lot of the cleaning and sanitizing as well as starting up the baking for the morning shifts, I learned that its more than just standing around and taking orders at tim hortons the hardest part would have been just trying to balance the cleaning and sanitizing with serving costumers at the same time especially on the busy nights
the most enjoyable part is when I got off for an obvious reason being it was over nights
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
discount only applies to things behind the counter
Overall Excellent Service
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS5 November 2016
my typical day at work is usually normal routine and if you work hard you get it done quicker easier smooth ride through the rest of the day. I learned a lot about the differences between the coffee and the produce.Management was an alright thing for me it was consistent. The hardest part of the job was making and remembering the order of which goes when.The most enjoyable part was working with a diverse arrangment of co-workers who were as happy and as proud to be at work and doing their job as I was
Pros
Free Lunches, Fast Food Service
Cons
long hours, cold air
productive work place and has tv's and a beautiful fire place
Soup & Sandwich (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK4 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers and the co-workers. I love working as a team. The customers are so friendly. I have learned at my job that if your nice to the customers they will be nice to you and that working hard does pay off. The hard part working at Tim Hortons is that it can be a little stressful with how busy the place can get but with a little help from co-workers it makes it a bit easier.
Pros
dicountes lunches
Cons
not long enough breaks
Busy but fun and great learning experience
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 November 2016
Usually start my day with a friendly and energetic greeting. A fast pace environment where we learn to work as a team and able to satisfy the customers (Guest). I have learned to be a team player, self-motivated, problem-solving and energetic personal. The great challenge in my job is to serve accurately with great guest service complying with the company policy during rush hours. However, with the team effort, we were able to complete the task and at the end of the day enjoy each other company of friendliness and fun.
Fast paced, fair managers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2016
Training was sufficient and ample when first starting, enabling me as a new employee to have enough resources at hand to learn and optimize my overall performance. There was a bit of a learning curve for the first few months, but with said resources at hand, I was able to find a rhythm to my position which gave me the confidence to grow as an employee. With some of the fairest managers I've been employed by, it made the job that much enjoyable and fulfilling. Even with the fast paced environment, my overall experience there has been favourable and rewarding.
Pros
Fair management, consistent hours
Cons
Fast paced, reluctant team members
Somewhat productive.
Cashier drive thru food prep small maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC10 November 2016
A typical day at work required you to be alert. As, it was consistently busy.

I learned that I am great working under pressure.

The management was decent.

Most of the co-workers were friendly .

The hardest part of the job was having to unpack and store the companys equipment from delivery, as it was very heavy.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was knowing your ''team'', completed a task or an order without any complaints or mistakes.
It had moments of greatness.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mistissini, QC13 November 2016
A typical day starts with a early morning shift followed by making coffee once on floor.
I've learned various things working at this location. Such as baking, checking time and temperatures, and the right amounts of coffee that is to be made.
The management wasn't the greatest. As many employees would get terminated on a daily, and new workers constantly quitting which would cause more work and hours to current employees.
My co-workers were fun to work with.
There was no hard part for the job, there was just a lot of work that needed to be done.
The most enjoyable part about this job was getting free coffee.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Constant Quitters
So much bullying you have no idea
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2016
Unfortunately I really enjoyed working at the location I worked. The customers were the main reason I stayed so long. The owners did nothing about very serious issues. All that the cared about was how much money they made lost ect. Lots of favoritism and unbelievably so much bullying I have ever seen and worked with. In all my over 20yrs working this is definitely the worst.
Pros
No pros at the location i worked. They are all owned by different people, so cant comment on that.
Cons
Long hrs threatning if too busy will not get ur 15min break.
positive nature at work with co-employees. store is always busy which is a good thing making the work more productive.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ON18 November 2016
It was always busy especially during weekends. I've learn how to deal with major adjustment with the weather and culture. The management thought me a lot on how to handle problems with customers, also how to multitask during busy hours. my co-workers were considerate when it comes to being professional. The hardest part was working with a few people. I most enjoyed being with team because it felt like we are a family.
Great work environment, always working together as a team.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 November 2016
Working at Tim Horton's was one of the best part time jobs I have had. There was always great people to work together with, and the management and supervisor staff taught me great work ethic. I learned a lot about working as a team and about myself. There were many returning customers that I would deal with multiple times a day who were always making my day just to come in and say hi. There were also days where I have had to deal with frustrated customers, but because of my thorough training I was able to deal with those situations properly.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
burns
Satisfying and enjoyable job
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 November 2016
Work was fast paced and enjoyable.
Worked together as a team.
I learned how to deal with all types of different people.
Management worked hard to keep all the employees happy and on track.
The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day long and dealing with difficult customers.
The best part of the job was being on drive thru when it was incredibly busy. I enjoyed running around, having something to do all of the time.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
On your feet all day
A high stress job.
TEAM MEMBER and BAKER (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 November 2016
You're on your feet for long periods of time serving piles of customers. This job taught me about how difficult customers customers could be and how to deal with them. This job also showed me how difficult management could be. At times this place was a bit of a toxic work environment, but sometimes my co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. It all depended on who was working the shift. When you work in fast food, a lot of customers don't respect you or view you as a human being, and that was difficult to overcome. The best part of the job is the food plan; you get to eat anything you want.
Pros
The food plan
Cons
Unpredictable schedules
Strict and uncompromising
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, ON30 November 2016
I have worked at my job at Tim Hortons for a while now. I've exceeded in what I do and feel as though its never enough. I've recently noticed management isn't very helpful or better yet understanding that being a manager means dealing with issues and concerns. Tim Hortons puts out applications saying we work around your life schedule but they do not. Special people get worked around not the rest. The owners haven't a clue what's going on.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Long shifts, cranky people, too many chiefs not enough Indians syndrome.
Being heard is difficult
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 December 2016
I worked for a married couple- who now own 4 locations.
The team that I worked with was an excellent team. The owners - granted they were the owners and it was their say, and their say only, had a difficult time when it came to working with the supervisors and managers.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of ownership when it comes to responsibility and the fingers to judge fly fast.

The team I got to work with was amazing. For some, this is their very first job, and to be able to assist into molding them for the future, that's something huge ad very effective in someone else's life.

Do to difficult circumstances, I had to leave the company- but it's one that I dreamed of pursuing a lot further than just a shift manager