Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace to work with team and serving number of customers daily
Counter Sales and Cahier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: Free Hot Drinks And Deserts
Cons: Long contant standing hours
A fast-paced workplace to work with the team. The accuracy of orders and time management is a key to best customer service. Serving the neighbourhood is the best part as you meet your customer on the regular basis and know about their demands. While working at such place one learns to work in a team. Worked there with the wonderful team. The hardest part of the job is long standing hours.
best working atmosphere
Intern (Supply Chain Division) (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 27, 2016
Nice and safe working atmosphere, staff and colleagues were supporting and helping, provided all required access and all benefits like medical and dental insurance

Overall i am very glad and satisfied with Tim Horton that i had a chance work with them
Student Job
Employé (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCApril 27, 2016
Pros: It was a great learning experience.
Cons: The occasional unreasonable customer.
A typical day at work involved serving customers, manning a cash register, cleaning the restaurant and preparing food.

I learned quite a few tips and tricks on how to cook and clean more efficiently.

Management was great: completely flexible when it came to scheduling and kept the place running just fine.

I generally liked my co-workers. The main problem I ran into were co-workers who abused the "smokers get breaks" policy.

The hardest part of the job was likely making an angry customer happy again, especially when they wanted something I couldn't give them (e.g. discounts and/or free goods).

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely seeing the to-do list completely checked out (which couldn't always be done if there was an overflow of customers that shift).
fun work place, can be very stressful
Store Front (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons gave me a great understanding of the workplace. it is a very fast pace environment, and very team oriented. it has taught me time management skills and to have a positive attitude when coming into work everyday.
Productive work experience
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), Nobleton, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: Productive team members
Cons: Intense rush hours
Working at Tim's was a positive experience. The work was simple and my co-workers were kind and productive. I learned valuable skills like cash handling and customer service as a first time member in the job field. The rush hours were very fast pace and challenging, though ultimately a great experience.
Customer Service
Customer service in store front and drive (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 27, 2016
* hour shift 5-6 days a week and different shift morning, afternoon and night

learned more customer service and working with coworkers and customer.

Hardest part was busy times and short a staff memeber

Enjoyable part was working with coworkers and having friendships with customer and seeing them on regukar base.
fantastic job to learn in a fast paced enviornment .
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 27, 2016
Great place to learn interpersonal skills as well as learning repetition. Great people to work with as well as good incentives to work even harder .
Minimum wage/good training
Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Hope, ONApril 27, 2016
Tim Hortons was what you would expect of any other "fast food" restaurant. The regular customers were all a pleasure to interact with and the training I received was very thorough and detailed.
Great people
Team Member (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 26, 2016
Not the best job in the world but the people made it worthwhile and I'm sure this is likewise for many other locations.
Learned how to be a team player, how to manage multiple things at once and how to tackle stress.
Tim Horton's was a good place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 26, 2016
I had enjoyed working with the staff at Timmies. The overnight shift was an interesting shift. Unfortunately I was getting seperated from my husband at the time and needed a daytime job.
Fast paced and productive environment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 26, 2016
Pros: 50% off of meals when work
Cons: Only minimum wage
This Company is well known and is very fast paced. Dealing with cash and food is a must and we take proper steps to ensure that everything is sanitary. I like having more or a one on one time to ensure the customer would have a better experience, but with the pace of customers and Drive Thru times they expect us to get it clearly isn't their number one goal.
Fun workplace with learning experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Its all about team work. Its about maintaining the team co-corordination to achieve the desired results as pre-set by the management.
Best job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 26, 2016
This was the best job I ever had and enjoyed working there every minute I did. Management was their to help you every time you needed it, staff was always working as a team, wish I would have went higher in company
Long and sometimes frustrating days
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Long hours, some of the customers (most were great)
Typically I would show up to work and go to where they needed help most. I typically stayed in the same place for most, if not all of my shift (anywhere from 4 to 9 hours). The people I worked with were great, and for the most part so were the customers. The hardest part of the job was definitely the difficult customers. The best part was probably the people I worked with.
Productive and fast-paced work place with excellent training.
Server (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 26, 2016
Pros: Extra shifts available often
Cons: Busy
Working at Tim Horton was a great experience. I received excellent training in costumer service and food safety. Also, Management were very friendly but were also productive in making sure we were doing our jobs correctly. My favorite part of working at Tim Hortons was seeing a satisfied customer after they received their order.
Nice and fast paced environment to work in.
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Had a nice time interacting with guests and coworkers. the staff was very friendly and helpful, it was a pleasure working here.
Difficult, Challenging work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Borden, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Free doughnuts, Free coffee, Flexible for students and those who have other jobs
Cons: Tough job, Little help while working, The manager is a bully
When I worked for Tim Horton's I liked the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. I liked getting to know members of the community and seeing our regular customers in the mornings. I liked singing along to the radio as I did my chore. I liked my co-workers when we were not at work. unfortunately, I did not like the job. the work was really difficult and I did not feel supported by a lot of my "team members". The employer is a bully and does not know how to deal with stress other than to pass it around to her fellow workers and she values those that she has a personal attachment to, not the most deserving or hardest workers. The job is stressful itself. You have to keep your area stocked and tidy, keep the garbage empty, keep the pots timed and monitor them closely to make sure the coffee and tea doesn't expire, and at the end of the night, throw away all the left over doughnuts and food. All the while you have to tend to customers and watch your back for the boss lady.
great place to work and full of opurtunity
cashier , deli ,store front (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: hours are scattered
Tim Horton's is full of learning and many experiences and oppertunity

to move from just starting the job to management and awesome

gatherings yearly
Good for some customer service job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Trenton, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: get to work with customers every day
Cons: some of the mangers were not very good
I liked working there cause i got to work with the public one on one. Its not a difficult job. Some of the mangers and co workers are good but there is some that i did not care for. I found that some of the mangers had their faves if you were not one of them you were treated ok but not good. I enjoyed working there but other opportunities came up and i had to take them.
Wonderful Atmosphere to work in
Drive thru member (Current Employee), Morrisburg, ONApril 25, 2016
Typical day in drive thru, fast paced, but efficiently run. I've learned that everything cannot be done by one person. Working as a team is what makes drive thru work as well as it does. Management staff are great and are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with orders!
Headquarters