Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,453 reviews matching the search
Fast pace in a customer service industry
Customer Service Respresentitive (Current Employee) –  35 King St E Hamilton,OntarioFebruary 5, 2016
A common day at Tim Hortons downtown Hamilton is usually a very busy with a very diverse customer base with many cultures and economic differences, and because of this you learn to be patient and open to others wants and needs. I work for a great management team very personable and compassionate to each employee and there individual needs and struggles. There is a wonderful team of hard working ladies who come to work everyday and give 110%
The is not a really head part to this job its very routine for the most part and I would say for me the only issue I have is money pretty much everyone makes minimum wage and there hasn't been raises given to anyone that I know of an I have worked for this owner for many years and that would be one of the reasons I am looking for a different job or possibly another job. The cost if living continues to increase but wages do NOT.
fun workplace,approachable
Food Counter Attendant / Baker (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABFebruary 23, 2016
the typical day for me in timhortons is weekend,i love doing busy hours because its more exiciting while doing your task and time flies.i learned how to communicate to staff in terms of our idea and skilled.management is good they giving the right salary according to our contract we sign specially some of the benefits is awesome. i have nothing to say about my co-workers they all good no culture barrier i like working with them specially in busy hours they keep on moving.the hardest part i think is the lost of communication specially when the product runs out thats the hardest part and we dont have a backup on that time.
Pros
50%discount all the staff
Cons
basic rates
Great place to work!
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONMarch 14, 2016
I absolutely loved my time at Tim Hortons. It was a great experience. Only reason I left was that I went on my maternity leave and decided to stay home with my son. Every day was pretty much the same. We had great workers on each station that was good where they were. We were always busy. Our manager tried her hardest to get us the time off we needed. I definitely would go back.
Pros
great employees, awesome raises, great customers
Cons
grumpy people, long hours, on your feet all day
good benefits.. thats it.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 25, 2016
they promise you one thing and then you get the opposite. They act like they're family oriented, but that's only because the management team is all related. Any disgusting act gets covered up by a good old family member.. including dropping cups on the floor and using the 30second rule. Good people within as team members, but they get screwed around until they eventually quit. Can't rely on anyone. They dont even train you properly, but then treat you like you are stupid for not knowing. Worst experience ever.
Pros
Benefits were alright
Cons
No backup from management, pushed around, poor treatment, needs ignored. Liars.
good first/high school job
Storefront Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Essex, ONMarch 22, 2016
Tim Hortons taught me so much about customer services and how to be a good employee. The training was very good and the management always made the staff feel appreciated for the most part. For a high school job the pay and raises were pretty decent considering most high school students make only minimum wage.
Pros
having a reliable job with flexible hours
Cons
sometimes have to work the late shift
Customer Service is Professional workplace and we enjoy it so much
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABApril 4, 2016
Team work and cooperation with co workers is the key to success.
Decision making is important in the work place as i have learned.
To better manage the group everyone should contribute their effort to make a company succeed.
Co- workers are the asset of the Company and should be taken care and be given all the benefits .
The hardest part of the Job is food preparation and the most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers.
I want work at Tim Hortons part-time and full-time
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 8, 2016
always granted me time off if I requested it,Great Benefits, Great Leadership,They pay you State Minimum wage,I hate how rude customers can be it really brings down the mood,
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I want to work at Tim Hortons part-time and full-time
Pros
Great training, excellent team oriented environment, and an overall great place to work.
Cons
It is very hard to get promoted. When the store is quiet it can be very boring. Rotating hours, late hours and early hours.
Alright work environment. Most staff were very welcoming and cheerful
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ONJanuary 18, 2016
It was alright working in that environment. I really like most of the staff i worked with. They were very welcoming and kind. I loved working with the customers and love how i could make there day better. Management was actually pretty good considering. They did not like their roll in management and you can see it as plain as day. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i was praised for my work, i just really did not like the fact there was no advancements there or raises.
Pros
free donuts (1 donut per staff a day) and 1 hot beverage per staff a day
Cons
No Advancements or raises
good experience
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 3, 2016
During the three months of working in Tim Hortons I have learned a lot about how to work under extreme pressure and at the same time keep yourself calm, composed and friendly. I have dealt with guests and colleague from various cultural backgrounds which taught me a great deal about Canadian norms and culture.
As a person, I am very social and so the most enjoyable part of my job is to interact with various individuals from different background and as I work in the morning shift so the hardest part is to maintain the accuracy as it's extremely busy at that time. I have managed quite well and in this short period I have received mystery shopper award twice. In short, it is a good place to start with.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
low salary
Was fun while I was young
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 1, 2016
prepared baked goods nightly, cleaned kitchen and stocked freezer when needed
very flexible work schedule
learned the rudiments of kitchen organization
free coffee or tea while on shift + employee disc for take home
no heavy lifting
danger of burns
no benefits and very slow pay raise scale
Pros
no customer service necessary, easy to learn and can work relatively independantly
Cons
very slow pay raises, some co-workers can be hard to get along with
too much work for less pay
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
it is good when your team is good or you ending up doing everything.
No good raise in salary, no one will appreciate your hard work,
too much pressure to increase sales, asking to punchin item before the guest asks.
most enjoyable part id your guest will like you, and they will notice your efforts,you will have of of friends.
Pros
half price food
Cons
too much stress
Im all satisfied with what i write in my resume
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 14, 2015
I have a different schedule in the store but its okay with me, i get use to it. We had a lot of customers everyday, and im happy with my work, my colleagues are all nice, we help each other especially when the day that is full of customers. I had no problem with our management, i get my salary on time. The hardest part for me is actually is during winter when i go to my work by walking on the street with a low temperature and the surrounding s are all ice, but it only takes 10 to 15 mins going to work.
Pros
i love what im doing to my work because i have past experience working in the restaurant, all other kind of works, my colleagues are all nice and the management is operating a good and systematic way
Cons
when the weather is too cold, going to work by walking it makes me feel freeze hard to walk in the snow
Great Place to Work
TEAM MEMBER/BAKER (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONApril 6, 2016
Good place to work unless you get stuck with management that harass you and humiliates you in front of other employees or customers. You get a yearly review and a raise depending on your past performance, which is nice.
Fun and Enthusiastic area to work in.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Tim Hortons has provided me with experience in management and social skills in many ways. I have had the opportunities to delegate and position staff and control restaurant demands to meet head office expectations. My duties include: cash management, inventory management, scheduling, training, reporting directly to district managers, ensure restaurant is up to specific outlined standards at all times.
Pros
free lunches, control of own resteraunt.
Cons
no overtime pay (salary)
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 7, 2016
I really liked working here. The staff was great, the manager on the other hand was only concerned with "times". She preferred you did not talk to the customers and get to friendly with them.
The location was perfect as it was more of a retired town. Residents were wonderful and I miss them all. Believe it or not, this was a hard job and the salary sucked. I know this is more for students however one can not live on min wage.
Pros
Residents
Cons
pay
Excellent experience!
Counter sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 6, 2016
Good management, presence of job security, excellent co workers and managers, salary satisfactory, timely pay checks, good workplace ambience, co-operative customers.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 23, 2015
Fast paced work environment. The only good thing about this job is that you almost always get hours, I always received 40 hours and it was easy to get time off if needed. As well the day goes by fast because the job is so fast paced especially if you are in drive thru. However, you are never allowed to BREATHE. "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean". You are always moving...And you will never be fast enough at this job. You are expected to make a bagel and gather other items (coffee, pastries ect..) all in under 20 sec. And its NEVER the customers fault. This job can be very high stress and you get customers yelling at you all the time. Raises are awful at Tim Hortons you may get 10 cents every 3 months even when you are top team member!!!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Can be too fast paced
its great... unless its not
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Tim Hortons was sold to 3G during my time there, and between one owner and another things got silly. They expected the drive-thru time to be twenty seconds during lunch when people order paninis that take a minute twenty to cook. This is literally impossible, but they told me off for bringing it up. This attitude towards the workers that the customer is an angel and the worker is the failure is why they keep getting sold. They will never make it as a company with cheap gimicks and a terrible attitude towards their workers. I don't have a friend who hasn't worked at one briefly, their turn over rate is pathetic. The teams can be awesome, the food/drink awesome, until they just aren't. For a company so bent on consistency they are a completely hit or miss business!! Some locations are brilliant, others just disgusting. The flexible time table was great, the full time was great, and half of my team was great. The benefits are a joke, head office has gotta be high to think of what they do, and the other half of my team was so awful it gave me ulcers and migraines to the point I quit on health leave! If you find a good location, don't ever leave. If you find a bad one, you don't need money that bad. You don't, trust me.
Pros
my manager was great, free coffee
Cons
everything else
Stressful, Tiring, and Fairly Degrading
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 20, 2016
I either get no shifts or too many, and most shifts are 9 hours, with a 10-15 minute break every 3 hours (except you'll probably be working most of it). The customers are 60% rude/uncooperative, and 40% decent. You get tips, which is alright, except you have to pool them together. Pay is $11/h (as a student), which is a bit above minimum wage. Job is fairly degrading, as you're cleaning toilets and have to smile at the customers swearing at you for not getting them a coffee in under 2 seconds. Management (for me, as a corporately-owned store) is a mess. Team work and A LOT of patience is required, and about 6 months in I couldn't stand the job. You get 15% off all food and free coffee/baked goods. There's a chance at a scholarship for school (if you're lucky). Overall, would not recommend. Ever.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, degrading, minimum wage
boring
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 29, 2016
not a kinda job u can enjoy it becomes so boring if you are a student then it is easy job but u cant work for the long time . Some times it is too busy the u cant even relax for second and secondly you have to stand all day long just one 30 mins break thats not paid even so in a nutshell not many benefits.