The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to fostering within the children we serve the quest for a brighter future. The Foundation is currently searching for a:
Tim Horton Children’s Camp- Tatamagouche, NS
Tim Horton Children's Camp is located on 245 acres of ocean-front property on the Northumberland Strait. Our staff display a commitment to positive youth development by demonstrating respect and compassion towards all young people and leading them in programs that challenge them and encourage them to grow as individuals.
Through these activities, staff establish caring relationships with young people that help them to become responsible, caring, motivated individuals within their community.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Property Manager is responsible for ensuring the children served by the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation enjoy their unique camp experience in a safe and well-maintained environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role, directing work flow and coaching staff.
- Experience managing projects, as well as supervising contractors to ensure cooperation and support.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with building systems, grounds maintenance, housekeeping, and hospitality.
- O.I.T Wastewater Treatment and O.I.T Wastewater Collection certifications
- Experience with the operation of small drinking water systems
- Knowledgeable in local industry standards and by-laws.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
- You will provide day to day leadership of the property and housekeeping teams to ensure operational protocols and procedures are meeting or exceeding industry standards.
- You are responsible for setting expectations with each staff member and providing ongoing coaching, development and feedback to your team on their performance while encouraging continuous improvement.
- You will oversee the day to day operation of both the property and housekeeping departments ensuring maintenance, cleanliness and safety of the site. This includes ensuring the safe operation of the shop and laundry facilities and associated equipment and tools.
- You will supervise and evaluate day to day site operation and make important decisions regarding maintenance programs, special projects and service contract issues.
- You will manage small to medium projects through planning phases, activities, and tasks necessary for executing a successful project that is within scope, time and cost.
- You will provide front line support and demonstrate an ability to take a hands on approach to working in a dynamic environment with multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Perform testing and maintain operational protocols and procedures, including documentation of the date, findings, corrective actions, servicing, sampling, observations, and any other items related to ensure the optimal performance of the water treatment and waste water systems
- You will make certain the camp follows the Foundation’s standard property management protocols and will partner with the Quality Assurance Team to ensure continuous improvement.
- You will actively participate in standards visits with our Quality Assurance Team and Professional Associations and follow through on agreed upon actions.
- You will plan and execute a Preventative Maintenance Plan based on Foundation procedures utilizing the technology available (Direct Line Megamation)
- You will make certain all equipment is maintained and inspected to ensure a safe environment for staff, campers and visitors.
- For the safety of staff, campers and visitors, you will ensure the security and risk management protocol is being followed and health & safety requirements and/or local by-laws are being adhered to.
- Participate in team meetings, special events and complete housekeeping and maintenance requests as requested.
- You are accountable for developing and monitoring the annual budget to ensure efficient use of resources and to control expenses wherever possible.
- You will negotiate vendor contracts and source donations wherever possible, to ensure the best use of funds and ensure that priorities are met in the most cost effective manner.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive
The successful candidate will be required to submit a clear criminal background check
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your application by April 21, 2014.
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is dedicated to fostering within our children the quest for a brighter future
Indeed - 4 months ago
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp...