The Tim Horton Children´s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for children and youth who come from economically disadvantaged homes. The Foundation is currently recruiting for a qualified:
Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell – Manitoba
Soon to be based out of Pinawa, Manitoba, the Youth Leadership Program is a five-level Program that takes place for 10 days per summer over five unforgettable years. Each level challenges participants to develop leadership and life skills, gain insight into their personal development and set goals for the future. With the completion of each level of the Program, participants return home with new-found self-confidence, skills to foster leadership in their community and memories to last a lifetime.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator provides excellence in customer service and aids in the implementation of the camp’s overall goal of providing high quality camp programming.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role is required (experience with outdoor experiential educational programming would be considered a strong asset). Experience in supervising and leading staff.
- University or college degree/diploma in business, recreation, or equivalent related experience.
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, with a solid background in curriculum development
- Certifications required: National Lifeguard Service (NLS), Wilderness First Responder, CUI Level I or Level II
- Experience planning and executing wilderness canoe trips
- Strong experience leading, building, coaching and training a team
- Highly organized, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- A solid understanding of positive youth development and risk management principles
- Problem solver and action oriented
- Valid G-class Driver’s License, or equivalent
- Ability to live on site for an extended period of time (10 days)
- Prior to Camp Opening in June 2015 there will be a large focus on the following:
o Support the finalization of trip routes and appropriate emergency response plans
o Assist in developing relationships with local community partners to ensure the success of year-round group programming.
o Assist in purchasing of program required equipment.
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of staff training, which includes outcomes and Foundation standards.
- Support the camp’s recruitment and retention activities including but, not limited to the following: screening resumes, conducting reference checks and completing new hire paperwork.
- Provide coaching, feedback and support to assigned counselling staff. Set expectations appropriately with each staff member and lead by example.
- Provide support for Camper behavior management.
- Develop, implement, facilitate, and provide feedback on Foundation programs and curriculum as they pertain to summer and year-round signature programs including but, not limited to the following: support the finalization of trip routes and associated emergency response and risk management plans and the organization of back country trips.
- Create positive relationships with year round group coordinators by supporting and facilitating year round groups, Orientation Meetings and signature camp event programming.
- Act as the contact for year round group programs while groups are on-site.
- Support the purchasing of program related equipment and the ongoing inventory management plan of program related equipment.
- Complete risk assessments on assigned program areas and activities and ensure that Foundation Standards/Procedures are maintained.
- Report concerns or incidents in the area of camper and staff wellness, as well as equipment and facility maintenance/care to immediate supervisor or camp management, and complete the necessary documentation as soon as possible.
- Ensure program areas, equipment and supplies are clean and in good repair, fully stocked and organized. Order additional supplies proactively.
- Be a positive role model for young people including teaching and setting a good example in areas such as proper manners, goal setting, accountability, respect for the environment, and respect for each other.
- Provide feedback on continuous improvement initiatives to Program Manager that supports the mission and values of the Foundation.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume by February 27, 2014.
Indeed - 30+ days ago