The Tim Horton Children´s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for children and youth who come from economically disadvantaged homes. The THCF is currently recruiting for a qualified:
Multiple Camp Locations (Parry Sound and St. George Ontario)
Reporting to the General Manager the Camp Nurse is responsible for the health and wellness of the campers and staff as well as the management of the Wellness Program and the Wellness Centre. This is a residential position that includes full onsite accommodations.
- Licensed as a Graduate Nurse, Registered Nurse or Medical Doctor
- Current First Aid & CPR Certifications or higher
- Bilingual in French & English is an asset
- Ability to monitor health care, maintain records, and implement the health care plan on site
- Experience working with groups of children, belief in a ‘child centered approach’ when challenging situations arise
- Pediatric experience in a camp environment preferred
- Wilderness First Aid (36 hour) Certification preferred
- Experience supervising staff preferred
- Legally eligible to work in the country specified
- Providing first aid and assessing staff and campers for routine conditions.
- Administering routine medications and treatments as indicated by THCF nursing protocols.
- Maintain staff and camper health files including health history, patient consultation reports, daily medication administration, and treatment records.
- Execute THCF health screening for arriving and departing campers.
- Keeping track of stock used, ordering supplies, and stocking first aid kits.
- Promote health practices throughout the camp and act as a positive role model to young campers.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.thcf.com
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to fostering within the children we serve the...