The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for children and youth who come from economically disadvantaged homes. THCF is currently recruiting for a qualified:
THCF Home Office – St. George, Ontario
14 month Maternity Leave Contract
March 2014 – May 2015
Reporting to the Director, Development and Engagement, this position will execute communication plans and standards for the Foundation; develop, evaluate and execute internal and external communication strategies and materials in support of the long-rang plan to ensure consistency and quality of messages. The Manager, Communications writes edits and produces content of extremely high quality while ensuring that all pieces are consistent and reflect the vision and values of the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation.
- Five (5) + years experience in a communication or public relations role.
- Relevant College/University education or proven experience in journalism, communication and/or marketing.
- Bilingual (French/English – oral and written); Spanish an asset
- Proven administrative, supervisory and process management skills
- Experience making public presentations
- Experience developing promotional literature
- Knowledge of the camping and outdoor environmental education field
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer focus and action orientation
- Knowledge of donor and volunteer stewardship strategies.
- Ability to multi-task and shift focus as needed
- Camp experience and previous exposure to THCF considered a strong asset.
- Generate content and produce materials and presentations for THCF related literature, materials and presentations for staff attending external meetings.
- Works with Program Development team to create and distribute communication projects aimed at participants of THCF programs. This includes but, is not limited to camper thank-you letter materials, and camper memory pieces such as the Camper Scrapbook.
- Review materials and literature related to camp specific recruitment pages, Handbooks (Summer and Winter Camps, YLP, YRG, Coordinator etc.) and travel materials to ensure that the communication standards of the Foundation are met.
- Manages storage and archives of THCF historical information and documentation. Maintains an effective inventory of such information.
- Review external communications produced by individual THCF Camps that are intended to communicate with the general public and Restaurant Owners.
- Leads and produces THCF external communication projects.
- Writes THCF submissions for various TDL Corporate Communications.
- Working with the Program Development team to develop Camper Orientation videos and maintain the Camper and Parent testimonial database.
- Implements a clear system for communication of Tim Hortons Restaurant Owner support, stories and information and maintains effective database/files of such information.
- Manage THCF Facebook Home page content and THCF Social media presence including but, not limited to twitter, instagram etc.
- Maintain Media standards for Foundation and organize Media training for those that may be required to speak on behalf of the Foundation. Work closely with TDL Media Relations Department as appropriate.
- Responds to general inquiries from the public, drafts letters and memos for circulation, and represents THCF with general public as required.
- Deliver presentations on THCF Programs and opportunities as required.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a clear criminal background check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.thcf.com.
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp...