The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for children and youth who come from economically disadvantaged homes. The Foundation is currently recruiting for qualified:
Housekeeper (Contract Position)
March 1- September 30, 2014
Tim Horton Children’s Ranch – Kananaskis, Alberta
The Tim Horton Children’s Ranch is one of six camps operated by the Foundation. The Ranch operates year-round and is nestled on 150 acres in beautiful Kananaskis Country. Campers at the Ranch participate in activities such as horseback riding, rock climbing, white water rafting and other traditional camp activities.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the children served by the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation enjoy their unique camp experience in a safe and well-maintained environment. This position will ensure that camp facilities are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Previous training and/or experience in cleaning large facilities and/or general maintenance is an asset.
- A high level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from Supervisor as provided.
- Ability to perform your role as part of a child centered camp team
- Inspect, clean and disinfect all facilities following guest use, as scheduled.
- Monitor facilities to ensure inventory of supplies and equipment (paper towels, toilet paper and soap) are in stock.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies to Supervisor, when required.
- Ensure assigned as well as impromptu housekeeping duties attended to immediately.
- Assist with laundry duties as assigned and ensure organization of the laundry room.
- Provide cleaning supplies for camp staff to use, moving supplies to appropriate areas in camp as needed.
- Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of season.
- Work as part of a team to continuously maintain and/or improve standards that are consistent with the THCF philosophy and vision.
- Be a positive role model for young people including setting a good example in areas such as proper manners, goal setting, accountability, respect for the environment, and respect for each other.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
Successful candidates are required to complete a criminal background check.
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to fostering within the children we serve the...