The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp experience for children and youth who come from economically disadvantaged homes. THCF is currently recruiting for a qualified:
Food Service Manager
Tim Horton Children’s Ranch- Kananaskis, Alberta
The Tim Horton Children’s Ranch is one of six camps operated by the Foundation. The Ranch operates year-round and is nestled on 150 acres in beautiful Kananaskis Country. Campers at the Ranch participate in activities such as horseback riding, rock climbing, white water rafting and other traditional camp activities.
Summary: Reporting to the General Manager, this position will provide leadership in all food service functions at the camp.
- 5+ years of experience in a food service leadership role
- Specialized training as a Chef or Food Services Manager
- Experience in leading, training, and coaching a team
- Experience in menu planning for large groups
- Experience with inventory management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Provide overall leadership to the food service team in ensuring hospitality, food safety and food service standards are met or exceeded.
- Recruit, train and coach the team on their performance.
- Provide continuous support and guidance to the food service team. Set expectations appropriately with each staff member.
- Plan menus for guests, including accommodating special dietary needs.
- Create and follow the camp food services budget. Monitor inventory and track expenses and donations to ensure a wise use of resources.
- Monitor and inspect all equipment to ensure a safe and healthy environment for guests and staff.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines or local by-laws are being adhered to in the kitchen.
- Provide feedback to the General Manager or the Quality Assurance Analyst on continuous improvement initiatives.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to Jeff Storck, Camp Manger at www.thcf.com or fax to 403-673-2283
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is dedicated to fostering within our children the quest for a brighter future.
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to providing an enriched and memorable camp...