Tim Horton Children's Ranch is located on 150 acres in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Our staff display a commitment to positive youth development by demonstrating respect and compassion towards all young people and leading them in programs that challenge them and encourage them to grow as individuals.
Some of our exciting outdoor activities include swimming, horseback riding and rafting. Winter activities include ice skating, snowshoeing, kick sledding and tobogganing.
Through these activities, staff establish caring relationships that help young people to become responsible, caring, motivated individuals within their community.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Program Manager , the Climbing Instructor is responsible for ensuring campers have a positive and memorable experience by executing a top rope climbing program. This will include program design, camper instruction, and management of site logistics.
All required qualifications and certification(s) commensurate with the position indicated above must remain valid through the entire time of employment the Foundation. These include;
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Clear criminal background search (including vulnerable sector if applicable)
- Legally eligible to work in Canada or USA
- Wilderness First Aid Certification (or equivalent 40+ hour course).
- Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG) Top Rope Climbing Instructors (TRCI) certification (or willing to obtain)
- Facilitate programs based on THCF positive youth outcomes model, local operating procedures
- Facilitate the climbing program as set out by the Program Coordinator and the Program Manager
- Maintain a professional and healthy relationship with all companies, service providers, park wardens, Stoney Reserve Municipal Agents, etc.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving in the cabin group (12 children with 3 counsellors).
- Complete minimal administrative functions such as daily trip reports, travel related forms, etc.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.thcf.com