May – August 2013
Tim Horton Children's Ranch is located on 150 acres in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Our staff display a commitment to positive youth development by demonstrating respect and compassion towards all young people and leading them in programs that challenge them and encourage them to grow as individuals.
Some of our exciting outdoor activities include swimming, horseback riding and rafting. Winter activities include ice skating, snowshoeing, kick sledding and tobogganing.
Through these activities, staff establish caring relationships that help young people to become responsible, caring, motivated individuals within their community.
Counsellors are responsible for ensuring campers have a positive and memorable experience by facilitating participation with various camp programs. Camp sessions are 10 days in length. During this time the counsellor acts as a positive role model and promotes camper wellbeing.
- Current First Aid & CPR Certification
- Experience working with children
- Bronze Cross Certification preferred
- Ensure camper wellness. This includes the physical, mental, and emotional health and safety of all participants.
- Guide campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
- Develop cabin activity plans.
- Supervise all assigned aspects of the campers’ day including morning activities, cabin clean-up, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after hours duties as assigned.
- Teach or lead activities as assigned.
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Candidate interested in applying for this position can apply online at www.thcf.com