Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
terrible
Direct Sales and customer service (Former Employee), ParsippanyDecember 15, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: bad management, have capability to work from home but do not use
People aka other employees are very nice. Management is a joke. Everyone walks around like they are on xanex. Hired through a temp agency that gave wrong information on working from home. No chance for permanent position. Training was childish. Overall a bad experience except for co - workers.
Beautiful diamonds
Accounting (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJDecember 14, 2014
Pros: flextime available
Cons: time off - holidays (5) and vacation time policy
The product produced is beautiful and admired worldwide. The NYC offices that were opened about 2 years ago are beautiful.
Very productive place every goal was needed to be hit for a successful season
Packer promoted to Merge Assistant (Former Employee), Whippany, NJDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discount on tiffany jewelry
Cons: some slow days
Every start of the work day there would be a company meeting about the things that need to focused on. Then you'd go to your assigned work space and take care of customers order according to instructions given. Atmosphere was great and co workers were helpful or easy to get along with. Everyday I would learn something new in the system allowing me to be promoted to help out with larger customer orders that were handled in different area. Management trusted me to give orders to a team of at least 5 people to finish projects that had short amount of time to be finished. Hardest part of the job was when there was nothing to do. It would make my day feel longer, I prefer to stay busy so that my day goes by faster and I enjoy the work day more. I enjoyed taking on tasks, projects, meeting deadlines, etc...
Productive workplace sometimes fun
Retail Operations Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2014
It has become hard to work there, where employees are treated more like a liability than an asset.
Great company which provided excellent support and benefits.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 18, 2014
I found working within Tiffany & Company to be an almost magical experience. The company culture was outstanding. The company allowed great latitude for me to make decisions, and was supportive beyond expectation.
Extremely Competitive
Sales Proffesional/Operations (Former Employee), Glendale, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: compensation can be high
Cons: competitive
All tied to numbers, very competitive environment. No job security, and employees are expendable.
Great peer relationships - schoolyard bullying culture
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: peer relationships, discount, benefits
Cons: culture
Overall, it's a great company - respectful peer employee relationships, good benefits, environmentally conscious company.

The most significant con is the culture of bullying and favoritism within some departments in corporate. Adults in leadership roles act like school children. What's more concerning is HR tends to only put a band-aid on the situation (if that) and certain behavior has become "acceptable".
cooperate feel
Merchandise Coordinator (Seasonal) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: set schedule
count inventory
keep stock inventory updated. ( add all returned merchandise to the systems stock).
contact loyal clientele ( customer appreciation)
Terrible IT talent
Client Technologies Citrix Lead (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 8, 2014
Pros: work/life balance is great
Cons: terrible it talent
Good vision from management, however IT workers lack enthusiasm. Very segregated IT groups, which leads to very little team collaboration.

Would not recommend working for Tiffany in the IT department.
Productive and interesting workplace
Office/Mail Clerk (Agency) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
The environment had a very optimistic attitude and a successful surrounding within the job place. I have learned to better myself in communication skills with others. The management enforced the standards and objectives of the workplace helping me do the right thing at the right time.
Productive and enjoyable work enviroment
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch and bonus
Cons: benefits, hour lunch, stock options
Morning was busy getting lead and test results entered in the system for end of day reports. I learned the quality of the product that the company manufactured and what guidelines they had to meet in order to sell the products.
2014: undergoing significant Executive level management change
Finance professional (Former Employee), NYOctober 22, 2014
Historic US company now attempting to move through internationally minded decision -making and ultimately towards a global mind set.
Productive and fun workplace
Repair Service Processor (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 5, 2014
Great opportunity to learn about jewelry and price in-elasticity of customers.

Fun and energetic employees

Good compensation and even better benefits including huge jewelry discounts

Opportunities for promotions
Great Place to work awesome perks
Direct Marketing Rep Seasonal Trainer (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 1, 2014
Greatr place to work,
Fast paced and busy.
Employee discount store was awesome.
Decent place to work
Special Events and Promotions Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Great benefits and a culture built on pride and a long history.
Daily Summary
National Media Relations Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: frequent communication with media
Cons: lack of room for job growth
On a typical day at work, I handle media inquiries in the online and print media categories (i.e. product borrows, image requests, credit information)

Compile monthly reports of publicity placements with a competitor clip analysis analyzing total clips per month vs ads and distribute to senior management

Manage celebrity and social media agencies daily requests, invoicing and project collaborations

Manage merchandise inventory and samples for team

Handle invoices for various outside vendors etc.

Brainstorm program ideas for upcoming promotions with team

Generate press pitch emails and distribute to relevant press

I've learned to manage multiple projects and meet tight "fire drill" deadlines that are staples within the media relations industry.

I've learned more about team work and problem solving by knowing there is a way to get everything done.

Respect is a hard thing to come by here and job titles are held to accountability.
Good benefits but little career growth potential
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Good benefits - healthcare, vacation time, fitness reimbursement.
Little career growth potential - no opportunity for advancement.
Passion is a high motive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Paris,September 7, 2014
Super nice company to work for. It's alive. Clients come all day long from opening to closing, you don't have time to see the day pass by.
Fun working enviorment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJSeptember 3, 2014
Tiffany is a great employer and a friendly work enviorment. Many of my co-workers teach me something new everyday. The managers are fair and well mannered. The hardest part of the job is not enjoying the atmosphere that our employees contributed to over the years. I enjoy coming into work everyday.
Very professional and productive workplace
Intern-Finance Clerical Support (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Tiffany and Co. is a very professional and productive workplace.

About Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry and specialty retail stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. – Read more

Tiffany & Co. Photos