Tiffany & Co. Employee Review

View all Tiffany & Co. reviews

This is world famous, luxury provider of jewelry, gifts and watches. They expect the best customer service levels of all employees.
Corporate Sales & Part Time Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2013
Tiffany & Co. proved to be one of my best sources of customer service knowledge. They expect nothing but the best. A typical day was spent in my home office on the phone and email securing appointments with potential and existing corporate customers. Working from home did not allow for as much social interaction as my personality needs. Management and co-workers, for the most part, were extremely professional and guarded. It was a difficult place to really get to know people because there was always a fear of not complying with the rigid expectations. The most enjoyable parts were meetings and luncheons with my customers. Being the front of house Ambassador in the store during busy times of the year, and helping to organize and host special events, awards dinners and charity functions.
Pros
Very nice discounts off merchandise along with special auctions of slightly damaged goods, for employees only
Cons
The isolation of a home office did not allow the social interaction I crave.

Other Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews

wonderful company to learn
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
This is a really good store to start up the luxury retail career. The working environment is awesome with carpet and luxurious decorations. It also has wonderful company culture, comprehensive employee training, good management, and reasonable rewarding system.
Pros
good reward
Cons
less job security
A company built on tradition, with an extraordinary product and a team dedicated to providing an exceptional experience.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2017
A typical day consisted of morning review of sales goals, working on client development and returning any calls or emails from customers. The afternoon was spent on the sales floor, showing product, developing relationships and closing sales.
I learned how to develop my strengths in written communication, as well as how to connect with people, listen to their stories and exceed their expectations.
I learned a lot about multi-tasking and working under tight timelines and high pressure, shipping limitations and solving problems using creative ideas that complied to company policies and procedures.
Management was always supportive as long as target sales were being met, and were receptive to innovation on how to drive business.
There was a strong emphasis on appearance and the trust that it ensues, as well as maintaining a professional and courteous disposition regardless the situation.
The hardest part of the job was the stress over the increasing sales targets and maintaining high energy when the market would dip and sales were less abundant.
The most enjoyable part of the job was playing a small role in so many celebrations, be it a wedding, a birth or a retirement. Sharing a part of families richest moments was an honour I did not take lightly.
Pros
The merchandise are pieces of art created from the rarest stones with the highest craftsmanship.
Cons
long hours and limited flexibility when it came to time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiffany & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.