Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews

A company built on tradition, with an extraordinary product and a team dedicated to providing an exceptional experience.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2017
A typical day consisted of morning review of sales goals, working on client development and returning any calls or emails from customers. The afternoon was spent on the sales floor, showing product, developing relationships and closing sales.
I learned how to develop my strengths in written communication, as well as how to connect with people, listen to their stories and exceed their expectations.
I learned a lot about multi-tasking and working under tight timelines and high pressure, shipping limitations and solving problems using creative ideas that complied to company policies and procedures.
Management was always supportive as long as target sales were being met, and were receptive to innovation on how to drive business.
There was a strong emphasis on appearance and the trust that it ensues, as well as maintaining a professional and courteous disposition regardless the situation.
The hardest part of the job was the stress over the increasing sales targets and maintaining high energy when the market would dip and sales were less abundant.
The most enjoyable part of the job was playing a small role in so many celebrations, be it a wedding, a birth or a retirement. Sharing a part of families richest moments was an honour I did not take lightly.
Pros
The merchandise are pieces of art created from the rarest stones with the highest craftsmanship.
Cons
long hours and limited flexibility when it came to time off.
Worst Career Experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
Without a doubt, I can say working for Tiffany & Co. was the worst experience in my career. The internal culture tarnishes the legacy of the brand.

The key issue of this company is the management, there is a clique culture with strong favoritism. The leadership does not coach or mentor. This is a sink or swim organization and they will watch you drown.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Amazing coworkers but large sales plans
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Tiffany is a great place to work. All the staff are friendly and professional. However, the sales plans have become nearly impossible to meet.
I worked for the company as a Loss Prevention Professional
loss prevention professional (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
The job and the pay are great. Work/ life balance is good, sometimes you have to do close/open, which is not great, but other than that it's good. Management is absolutely terrible, they are lifeless, they never smile or bring positive energy to the team, and the store director is given so much power over the store, it becomes a sort of dictatorship.
Security Officer Yorkdale, Canada
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
If you like to be micromanaged then this is the place .Words will be twisted and you will be set up for failure. If Management does it's just OK/ normal. Frequent payroll issues and always have to track down your hours. In this day and age , to have this to happen it is pathetic.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Rude customers
Worst experience of my career
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sherway Gardens, Toronto, ON2 December 2015
Welcome to the real life set of mean girls. Worst store director on the face of the earth. Secretive, catty and totally unprofessional leader. Set a horrible tone for the back of house staff and worked to pit everyone against each other. You have no autonomy in your work and are constantly micro managed. The director and her operations minion are the two most hated people in the store. She is a bully and a nasty insecure excuse for a leader. I absolutely hated every minute of that job.
Pros
Free lunch for the days you slaved away and mostly nice sales staff
Cons
Store Director and her personal management style!!
fun and clean place to work
Sales professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2015
Team work is what makes or breaks the store.

Management will determine how sales reps feel about working here.

Wish there was more done to help associates move towards their goals in the company
Pros
clean
Cons
varied pay structures
If you enjoyed middle school, this is the place for you
Branch Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2015
If you get a job working here, you better hope you become a favorite of management, because you won't be held accountable for anything you do or don't do. Otherwise, expect to be lied to and gossiped about. Management played staff against each other over and over again. The politics are out of control. NOT what you'd expect working for a luxury company like Tiffany & Co. This environment was like working in a sorority house with very immature teenage girls, the angst, the drama and the gossip! Horrible leadership as management actually encourages the staff to lie and gossip about one another and report it back to them like it is the truth.

If you value your mental health, apply elsewhere.
Benefits
Cons
My feet, knees, hips and lower back were destroyed from standing on a marble floor for hours at a time
Excellent work environment
Brand Ambassador & Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
I had the pleasure of representing one of the best luxury brands in the world. It allowed me to acquire an extensive knowledge in diamonds and gem stones.
Was able to develop a strong strategy in developing an extensive portfolio of recognition gifts and rewards for Fortune 500 companies.
Seasonal at Tiffany & CO. is fun and full of energy.
Full Time, Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2014
Amazing work environment, great team of co-workers and management. High end boutique and great company to work with. Providing the Tiffany experience to each and every client that walks in and helping them with their special occasion or personal styling is an unforgettable experience. Do need to have a high focus of high efficiency at work to have a successful day. Not for candidates who just want a boring job and sit through the day.
Pros
Solid pay and commission, great work environment, amazing products, even more amazing people
Cons
have to be highly efficient and focused at work, not for the slow and steady.
Retail Environments have their challenges
Branch Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2014
I had not worked in a Corporate Retail environment before and I found there are several challenges that face management in regards to getting things done. The Corporate Retail environment is similar to working with the Government as there are a lot of channels to go through to get things completed. As it was, it took 3 months and six interviews for me to get my placement. After 3 months, I still had not received my expense reimbursement for my training expenses. So be warned...there are a lot of hoops to jump through.
Pros
Good wages, great management team
Cons
Job fulfillment and advancement
Great people, great environment
Professional Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 January 2014
It is so difficult to find a work environment that is genuinely friendly, supportive, and kind, especially when it comes to retail. The managers are very polite and very patient. You are never made to feel small. The staff are all very accomodating and willing to help you if you are new. There is no fight over customers and everyone is willing to put in the time to help you.
Pros
great staff, good commission, working environment
Cons
Long hours standing, short lunchbreaks on weekends
Operations Professional dealing mainly with Customer Service
Operations Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2013
From November 2011 to the present, I have been working for Tiffany & Company in the role of an Operations Professional. This position is mainly Customer Service oriented, however it is my responsibility to be cross-functional in all aspects of back-of-house operations and sales. This includes:

- working effectively with sales professionals and other team members to help drive the business
- sales support, process efficiencies and procedure compliance are essential
- contribute to store inventory accuracy and availability
- maintain all reporting needs and internal audit checklist compliance to ensure store is financially sound.
- independently follow-up on and resolve all customer issues
- strengthen customer brand loyalty by providing superior service for all after-sales servicing needs concerning either repair/cleaning take-in or phone orders
- partner with the sales team by fulfilling merchandise requests and point sales quickly and accurately
- respond graciously to all incoming telephone calls and emails with prompt and accurate information in order to help retain and satisfy customers
- multitask as needed to ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities are completed in a timely manner
- remain current on all industry news and company updates and complete provided training courses to ensure compliance with company policy changes to better serve customers
Pros
Excellent benefits, competitive salary.
Cons
Long hours, no consistent schedule.
This is world famous, luxury provider of jewelry, gifts and watches. They expect the best customer service levels of all employees.
Corporate Sales & Part Time Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2013
Tiffany & Co. proved to be one of my best sources of customer service knowledge. They expect nothing but the best. A typical day was spent in my home office on the phone and email securing appointments with potential and existing corporate customers. Working from home did not allow for as much social interaction as my personality needs. Management and co-workers, for the most part, were extremely professional and guarded. It was a difficult place to really get to know people because there was always a fear of not complying with the rigid expectations. The most enjoyable parts were meetings and luncheons with my customers. Being the front of house Ambassador in the store during busy times of the year, and helping to organize and host special events, awards dinners and charity functions.
Pros
Very nice discounts off merchandise along with special auctions of slightly damaged goods, for employees only
Cons
The isolation of a home office did not allow the social interaction I crave.
Great company to work for
Fine Jewellery Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Vancouver17 July 2013
It was a very good experience to work for the world's premier jeweller.

A potential to make a very good income if you know how to network and take excellent care of your customer base.
Pros
Good company, good salary
Cons
Systems are not easy to use
Fun place to work
sales professional (Former Employee) –  toronto on17 July 2013
Easy selling environment
learned precious metals and gem stones
meeting new people was always exciting

Bad environment, very bad job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2013
I was employee as a Tiffanys' Security Officer in Vancouver. I can tell the your the company has great values, but my store was very poorly run. Very high school like with tons of favouritism.

Management had no clue want was going on in the store. The senior security officer actually ran the store like a Dictator, the store director was afraid on him.

**Great sales staff

If you enjoy long hours with no breaks and workplace abuse apply as a Tiffany Security Officer. Its not as glamorous as you think or Tiffanys has you believe.
Pros
tiffany benefits
Cons
long hours, workplace abuse
fantastic people and culture!!
Sales profesional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2012
Was probably the best sales job iv ever held. The company from ground level up is first class!!