We are looking for a candidate with programming and system administration capabilities to work on a Packet Design Services delivery monitoring platform. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships with engineering teams to ensure the highest level of satisfaction. Focus is on the engineering (design, development, and integration), testing and support of automated test scripts using hardware/software Packet Design Services solutions. Responsibilities also include collaborative work with project managers in order to guarantee the effective delivery of assigned projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- University Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Strong interest in pursuing a telecom career in service assurance solutions and operational support systems
- 2+ years in information technology consulting, software development, system analysis and problem management
- Working knowledge of C, Java/J2EE, SNMP, Perl, Python, XML, SQL and Unix
- Understanding of Layer 3 Network routing protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, Multicast, etc.
- Understanding of the telecommunication industry and its challenges
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues clearly through written and verbal
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple user groups
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them
- Work directly with Layer 3 Network routing protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, Multicast, etc
- System Integration
- Support and evolve the Packet Design Platform in Rogers Networks
- Network protocol monitoring, traffic flow monitoring
- Develop test cases and test Packet Design Platform
- Gather and build user requirements
- Train and assist the users
- Creation of planning specifications, engineering plans, and MOPs for the deployment of Packet Design Services platform.
- Coordination of equipment shipping and inventory management.
- Travel to sites for the hands-on installation, configurations, and turn-ups.
- Perform the administration of the platform (central servers and probes). Maintain issue logs in collaboration with the vendor and work on troubleshooting faulty probes.
- Define, design and implement test scenarios and schedules on the Packet Design Services platform.
- Review and validate test results by building appropriate reports/dashboards.
- Work with the Business Intelligence integration team to define, design and implement a long-term data mart-based reporting environment.
- Work with other service expert teams to define alarming routines on key performance indicators.
- Define, design and implement automated processes for the intake of configuration management data (topology and other correlation keys).
- Participate in workshops and training sessions for internal user groups.
- Manage the detailed project plan in collaboration with the project management team and provide project status reports.
- Manage budget for projects.
Indeed - 30+ days ago