Position: 1 year contract
Education: University Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Information Technology or
We are looking for a candidate with OSS system knowledge/capabilities to work on a Client OSS platform. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships with engineering teams to ensure the highest level of satisfaction. Focus is on the engineering (design, development, and integration), testing and support of HOT OSS solution(s). Responsibilities also include collaborative work with project managers in order to guarantee the effective delivery of assigned projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Experience in performing risk analysis on scheduled telecom changes and planned network maintenance activities
- Strong knowledge and experience with telecommunication devices and networks; such as media converters, switches, routing and security protocols, VPLS, MPLS technologies, internet services, Power System telecommunications, and telecom transport networks (SONET, DWDM)
- Proficiency with Telcordia Granite, Telcordia Network Engineer, HP Open View Service Desk, Prolin Service Management, Business Objects , NOMS application
- Experience with commercial telecom service offerings
- Experience working with telecom carriers other service providers
- Previous telecom and/or utilities experience
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer interface skill
- 4 years University education in an appropriate field, such as electrical engineering or telecommunications, or by having the equivalent level of experience.
- 4 -6 six years of relevant telecom network operational or engineering experience is required.
- Ensuring the client that OSS platform meets their current and future needs in a manageable way.
- Train and assist the users
- Creation of planning specifications, engineering plans, and MOPs for the deployment of OSS platform.
- Coordination of equipment shipping and inventory management.
- Travel to sites for the hands-on installation, configurations, and turn-ups.
- Perform the administration of the platform (central servers and probes). Maintain issue logs in collaboration with the vendor and work on troubleshooting faulty probes.
- Define, design and implement test scenarios and schedules on the Packet Design Services platform.
- Review and validate test results by building appropriate reports/dashboards.
- Participate in workshops and training sessions for internal user groups.
- Manage the detailed project plan in collaboration with the project management team and provide project status reports.
Indeed - 30+ days ago