Senior Data Engineer - Oracle ETL Developer
Ticoon is one of Canada’s most innovative and exciting financial technology solution providers and offers unlimited opportunities to grow. Ticoon’s wealth management solution is now supporting several of Canada’s largest and most innovative financial institutions to manage all of their client information (contact, investment, life insurance, banking and other financial information) through a single platform. Ticoon’s wealth management platform delivers financial data aggregation, business intelligence, workflow, reporting and third party application integration.
The Data Engineer is responsible for the ETL, development/design, support of Oracle databases, production support and reporting.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to validate technical impact to solutions and the overall Ticoon system.
- Provide development estimations for projects and participate and/or present reviews of the technical aspects of a project.
- The ability to turn business requirements and high level technical specifications into quality software product adhering to industry best practices and patterns as well as validate using unit test.
- Provide operational support to maintain production databases (e.g.backup/recovery, tuning,etc)
- Provide development and design support of Oracle databases to development teams involved in application development, testing and implementation.
- Prepare status reports to accurately communicate progress; provide early notification of problems that could affect schedules, or the integrity or availability of data.
- Exerience in at least one of the Financial Services industries (Banking, Insurance, Securities) is a MUST.
- Successful candidates will have a College/University education
- Initiative and Self-motivation is a must, can work with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A strong understanding of the full development life-cycle and familiar with various development methodologies
- Familiar with development environments, including debugging tools, source control and data synchronization software
- Abilty to work evenings and weekends as needed to support products
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and projects in an organized manner and to drive problem resolution to root cause
- Must be able to operate well in a team, fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Oracle database PL/SQL development
- ETL and reporting tools (e.g. Pentaho, Informatica, Micro strategy,etc)
- Java platforms and middleware (e.g. JDBC,Jboss,Weblogic,Toplink,etc)
- Experience with Solaris and Linux Operating systems. Some Oracle DBA experience including:
- Experience handling Large RDBMS
- Experience with a data modeling tools
- Programming experience and scripting skills (PL/SQL, Shell, Perl)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual bonus based on user adoption goals & new projects revenue
- A full benefits package
Indeed - 19 months ago