- Work closely Business Analysts to validate technical impact to solutions and the overall Ticoon system.
- Provide development estimations for projects and participate and/or present reviews of the technical aspects of a project.
- The ability to turn business requirements and high level technical specifications into quality software product adhering to industry best practices and patterns as well as validate using unit test.
- Provide operational support to maintain production databases (e.g.backup/recovery, tuning,etc)
- Provide development and design support of Oracle databases to development teams involved in application development, testing and implementation.
- Prepare status reports to accurately communicate progress; provide early notification of problems that could affect schedules, or the integrity or availability of data.
- Coordinate with various teams and external contacts to ensure production and support deadlines are met.
- Successful candidates will have a College/University education
- Initiative and Self-motivation is a must, can work with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A strong understanding of the full development life-cycle and familiar with various development methodologies
- Familiar with development environments, including debugging tools, source control and data synchronization software
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed to support products.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry (Banking, Insurance, Securities) would be an asset.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and projects in an organized manner and to drive problem resolution to root cause
- Ability to document strategies and designs and present to these ideas to management with cost/benefit analysis
- Must be able to operate well in a team, fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Knowledge of ETL and reporting tools (e.g. Pentaho, Informatica, Micro strategy,etc)
- Knowledge of Java platforms and middleware (e.g. JDBC,Jboss,Weblogic,Toplink,etc)
- 3+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years experience in managing relational database
- Experience with Solaris and Linux Operating systems. Some Oracle DBA experience including:
- Experience handling Large RDBMS
- Experience with a data modeling tools
- Excellent programming and scripting skills (PL/SQL, Shell, Perl)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
The Ticoon Wealth Management Solution is a cloud-based platform that enables financial advisors, investment firms, insurance companies,...