Ticketmaster Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Box office supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
Loved this job because I my co workers were great and I learned a lot. Got to be a part of history for working with the Pan am games.
Interactive, positive and unique work experience
Box Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Working for one of the biggest games to take place in Toronto, it was really amazing for myself to meet new people from not only within the city but around the world. I was fortunate to work at 2 locations where I was able to constantly see different aspects of the games along with helping my staff enjoy their work environment with a positive attitude. As the supervisor, I ensured to help my team work stress free by answering questions throughout the lines along with handling customer complaints.
Pros
Unique experience
Friendly workplace, Great people
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2015
The people you work with are very nice and often everyone becomes very close. Sometimes hours are slim but also very flexible. Once you get the hang of it it's all very straight forward. Supervisors are always on sight to help you with any problems you may encounter wether it's technical or costumer related.
Pros
Flexible hours, Simple operating system, Friendly people
Cons
sometimes lack of hours (short 3hr shifts)
The most enjoyable part of the job
Seller (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Is the smile on all of the consumers faces as they buy tickets and are excited to enjoy the event. It is a good company to work for but as the season goes on the hours just are not there.
Fun workplace with people you can call your second family
Ticket Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 14, 2015
Working in a small box office makes it easy for you to get to know your co workers very well. sometimes you fight like family but they also have your back when you need them, also just like a family. the management is very good at their job and they teach you well, especially if you aren't good at working with computers. they have a system that literally looks like computer code. if you are unfamiliar with computer code its a whole new language you need to learn and they help you along the way.
a typical day is you and a couple people in the box office talking to customers about upcoming events. you are also selling them tickets to these in person and over the phone.
Friendly management and employees, workign as a team to achieve an overall sales goal
Inbound Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, mbApril 26, 2015
Management, supervisors and fellow employees were a pleasure to work with. my typical day was 8:45-4 pm. Free lunches on special occasions, incentive prizes for sales goals, survey goals.
Pros
free lunches on holidays or special occasions
Cons
very repetitive
Performing Arts environment
Box Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 26, 2014
Working with new students
Event Management
Dance Choreography - Contemporary, Classical Ballet, Pilates
Long Rehearsals
Stage Management/Stage Lighting
Dance and Drama Therapy workshops
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short term
Shutting down
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 8, 2014
Guys, there isn't much to tell................

The company is the company, I have a better understanding of it now.

It's been an interesting experience and I have learned a lot.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
everything else
Ticketmaster
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quebec cityJune 27, 2014
This is web service’s application,The goals of the Attractions Service project is to make our attraction and venue pages more desirable fan and consumer destination sites by expanding the breadth and amount of data we can store and by building more flexible page management tools. Build a service that will manage Attractions (artists, acts, teams, or other attraction) and Venues (clubs, arenas, or other venue) and enable us easily import 3rd party data to further enhance our content.
The final vision for this service is the ability to provide and manage (by domain) nearby Venues and Attractions of interest and provide suggestion data (by route, location, venue type, attraction category, genre or other attribute) through a robust entertainment portal that will be the single destination for consumers’ entertainment research, planning and purchase.
Busy, crowded workplace
Telecomminucations Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 6, 2014
- phone system operations
- ticket sales
- customer service, problem solving
First Office Job - Learned Alot
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2013
I started as a call center agent and was quickly promoted to Supervisor. I still spent some shifts working the queue and placing ticket orders. As a Supervisor my duties were to run stat reports and work with promoters to make sure they were pleased with their events and to assist in getting comp tickets out. I also had to speak with Customers that were unhappy with the experience at whichever event they had attended. Staff was great, had a ton of fun and learned alot, but didn't feel that I was ready to work in an office environment. Wanted to get out and meet and see people on a regular basis.
Pros
great learning experience
a day at Ticketmaster
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MBJune 4, 2013
Well every morning, there was a meeting of upcoming event going on sale after that, we go on the phones answering calls from Canadians and Americans. The hardest part would be... sometimes it's hard to hear the other person on the phone, bad connection. The most enjoyable part would be some of the activities we get to do at our desks, and some day they would order food for all of us. The most important thing I got out of that was i was able to open up, and not be so shy.
fun place to work
Sale agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa,onMay 22, 2013
Call center close since 2010 in ottawa.Was a great place to work
fast paced environment
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
Taking lot of customer calls. Dealing with various issues and customer complaints.
Attained excellent problem solving skills, email etiquet, patience, working as a team.
Fun and relaxed environment. Easy place to work
Ticket Seller (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Easy job; on the day of the event, you come in, set up your station at your window and when people come up you find them open seats and they purchase what they want. I learned how to handle cash and how to provide good customer service. Supervisors and managers are really nice and are always there to help. Everyone works really well together and we all become good friends. The hardest part would be having to deal with angry and upset customers. The most enjoyable is working with a variety of awesome people.
Pros
flexible schedule. fun environment.
Cons
not enough hours. low wage.
The work experience could have been better
Ticketmaster Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 4, 2012
Althought the staff was friendly and the hours were very flexible the environment was loud, uncomfortable, and stressful. The company didn't pay well at $10.00 an hour; for dealing with rude people which would scream and fight with you on the phone....I thought the pay could have been higher.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
work environment
People are great
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quebec cityJuly 23, 2012
Agile methodology, short sprints

- Responsible for testing Ticketmaster software products and ensure the implementation of application meets high quality and efficiency standards. Ensure error free software releases for service packs of the Jetson-Event Service Orbitty module;
- Perform functional and regression testing on new and updated versions of software products;
- Write test cases and execute tests, both manual and automated;
- Document results and defects and follow through to resolution;
- Report status and critical issues on assigned projects;
- Implement and contribute to define software quality processes and procedures;
- Document detailed defect descriptions and support materials into the defect tracking system.
Pros
free coffe and tea