Thyme Maternity Employee Reviews in Canada

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
The management and staff are amazing. Very encouraging and social. I have been able to enhance my sales and social skills here. Most enjoyable part of the day is helping my customer find that perfect outfit and being apart of her journey.
Pros
work environment and employee discounts :)
good workplace
Team lead and Key holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be helping mothers and families pick out there clothing and assisting them in the fitting rooms when needed.
Excellent working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 2, 2016
Great environment, very sale focused. Great manager, and assistant manager. everything very well organized. If you are not good with selling, then you always get to hear feedback that help you become better at it.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not to many hours
Work at Thyme
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 10, 2016
- making intimate relationships with customers
- understanding how they are feeling and being sensitive and professional about finding their everyday needs
- knowing that my help was greatly appreciated
Pros
interacting with customer
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 8, 2015
providing one on one personal customer service, providing knowledge of specific products, greeting and ringing through customers on the P.O.S (point of sales).
Postive, upbeat working enviroment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 18, 2015
Promised full time and never get more than 2-3 shifts a week that are only 3-4 hours long. Managment is disorganized and clothing is over priced.
Pros
Easy to get along with coworkers
Cons
No hours when initially offered full time
Difficult
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONOctober 28, 2014
Scheduling was always done a month ahead of time which was good. My co-workers were nice. The hardest part of my job was meeting my weekly quota. I dealt with pregnant woman who were on a budget. I tried selling items they needed and not things they didn't need therefore reducing my return rate. I was never acknowdeged for any work I did there. I felt alot of pressure.

I enjoyed meeting expecting women. Helping them through a tough transition when going through a pregnancy for the first time and helping them deal with their changing bodies.
New opportunity
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  edmonton, abSeptember 10, 2014
A good start for those entering into the retail world. Good training and excellent leadership.
Great Clientele and wonderful atmosphere. Bad Company to work for, with poorly run management.
Team Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2014
Thyme Maternirty has great Clients that come in for their personal needs, however I would not recommend anyone working with Reitmans. The company is going downhill fast and has poorly structered management, including Head Office. The benefits are okay, and the pay rate is alright but room for advancement is slim since the turnover rate is extremely high.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
no supportive management.
a fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 9, 2014
It was a great way to meet new people and help pregnant woman find outfits that fit and make them feel comfortable.
I learned great customer service skills.
My co-workers where very pleasant to work with.
terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONOctober 31, 2013
terrible management, a bit racist, not a happy place to work after a few months. would never work there again.
Great place with great people
Open and close store, manager on duty (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 23, 2013
I very much enjoyed the staff and management at Thyme maternity. The company allowed me to advance and prove myself. The customers were friendly, and I enjoyed helping them, and feeling like I made someone's day a little brighter. The management was great and was always there to help you when you needed, and in general, the staff was hard working and amazing.
The hardest part of my job was definitely the decrease in sales in the past few months, trying to make personal and store targets was difficult.
The most enjoyable part of my job other than my co-workers was working with woman during a special stage in their life!

I have no complaints, I just need a change in scenery
Pros
amazing discount with different stores, half an hour break plus 2 15 minute breaks, great staff
Cons
slow business days
Customers
KEY HOLDER/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 17, 2013
I enjoyed making our customers that were pregant special and beautiful.
good place to work will miss it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 5, 2013
was a great place to work, but near the end unrealistic expectations and no help. where required
Pros
beautiful store/great co workers
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Productive and always a new day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 28, 2012
There was always something new to learn at this job. Pregnancy changes daily and therefore you were required to learn different stages of pregnancy, as well as what the average person would feel throughout the pregnancy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers, being able to fully satisfy their needs, and see them come back throughout their pregnancy, or even subsequent pregnancies. The hardest part of the job would be the emotional factor of a customer. Pregnancy does play on the emotions and sometimes you just had to be the shoulder to lean on that they needed.
It was a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria BCMarch 29, 2012
I learned a lot there and had great training. I had lots of fun learning about that company and the people that worked at that store..
Pros
i loved helping pregnant women out
Cons
i dont have any cons
Environnement agréable
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCNovember 8, 2015
-Environnement agréable
-Beaucoup de responsabilité même pour une conseillère à la vente
-Travail beaucoup à la satisfaction de la clientèle
-Pas assez payé pour tout ce que nous faisons
Pros
50% de rabas pour les banières Reitsmans
Cons
Pas d'avantages sociaux et salaire peu élevé
Entreprise
Conseillère mode (Current Employee) –  QuébecOctober 22, 2015
Belle entreprise avec des belles valeurs et ayant à coeur leurs employés.