Thyme Maternity Employee Reviews

Great company to work for and amazing experiences.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 September 2017
I love working for Thyme.I had the greatest experiences with my clients as we take part in a very important time of their lives.
As management,policies where not strictly enforced all the time( return policies for example) which made the staff sometimes confused as we were expected to always make sure the client was happy even if it meant her returning an item that has been worn and washed.
Pros
great discounts and room for advancement
Cons
lot of presure for sales like any other retail enviroment
love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2017
regular retail job but geared towards mother and first time mothers. Always great to learn more from each customer and what they experience since during pregnancy it is different for everyone
One of the best retail jobs out there
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 July 2017
Thyme Maternity is by far one of the best retail jobs I've ever had. Full time employees have great benefits and the management was always very positive and encouraging. The discounts were amazing and helping pregnant women find clothes and products that made them feel comfortable and pretty was a fulfilling and fun experience. The breaks were often and fair and the shifts were always a reasonable length. My only complaint is that the part-time hours could be unreliable but for a student or someone with a financial plan to fall back on it would be perfect. I would absolutely recommend working for any of Reitman's affiliates if you get the chance!
Pros
great discounts, great atmosphere, regular breaks
Cons
hours depend on store's traffic and sales
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
I enjoyed working at Thyme Maternity. It was so rewarding to deal with the clientele and assist them with their maternity clothing needs. I was known as the stores special sales rep as I took interest in the clientele and their maternity journey.
Pros
Loved working the the clientele
Not the worst place ever.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 May 2017
Although this place can be a fun job with friendly staff, the company can be very cheap and management could be better. Could be perfect for the right person.
Pros
50% mutilple stores
Cons
Can be a downer
I lliked working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 May 2017
loved it good place to work good discount and good training always had breaks and support for questions i had and loved decorating the stores displays for chiristmas
It was a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
Working for Reitmans in Thyme Maternity was very interesting. It was my first job. The leadership team was fantastic. They taught me how to be a good salesperson. I learned so much about connecting with customers and building a relationship with the company as a base. I became very involved. I also developed new skills of selling and being very outgoing especially for a job that requires you to properly help pregnant women.
Pros
Good working environmment
Cons
No flexible hours
Too much drama, not enough pay
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
My boss and team leads were incompetent. I was hired with promises of 35+ hours per week and that there was no team lead above me and I could move up quickly. There was a team lead already hired that prevented me from moving up. That team lead spread lies about me and when I brought it up to my boss she refused to go to HR and told me not to either. My other team lead constantly reminds me I'm not going got heaven
because I have had intercourse before marriage. Also that I need to pray for a man. My hours are now cut down to 23 per week without warning and there is no promise that they will go back up. However, I'm still required to buy a new wardrobe for spring.
Pros
No weekends but its only because of the building I'm in not the company
Cons
drama, low wage, boss lies to get you in
Overall Great Place to Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 February 2017
Greatly enjoy working at Thyme Maternity, interacting with customers is the best part of the job. Excellent manager and assistant manager, ongoing coaching given to me as well as the opportunity to provide coaching and leadership to other staff members. Unfortunately no room to grow within the company and looking to use my education more in future employment.
Pros
Great coworkers, getting to interact with customers.
Cons
Almost no growth opportunities
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2017
not too busy. nice place to work. Had to do trade shows, did not like participating in the trade shows. Would work there again. customers fun to work with
N/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
Would not recommend working at the Yorkdale location.
I've heard other locations are run well, but the Yorkdale location is a trainwreck
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
The management and staff are amazing. Very encouraging and social. I have been able to enhance my sales and social skills here. Most enjoyable part of the day is helping my customer find that perfect outfit and being apart of her journey.
Pros
work environment and employee discounts :)
good workplace
Team lead and Key holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
A typical day at work would be helping mothers and families pick out there clothing and assisting them in the fitting rooms when needed.
Excellent working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 March 2016
Great environment, very sale focused. Great manager, and assistant manager. everything very well organized. If you are not good with selling, then you always get to hear feedback that help you become better at it.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not to many hours
Enjoyable work place.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2016
I enjoyed my time working there. The only reason for me leaving was due to the inconsistency of management and DSM's at the time making it a stressful working environment.
Work at Thyme
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2016
- making intimate relationships with customers
- understanding how they are feeling and being sensitive and professional about finding their everyday needs
- knowing that my help was greatly appreciated
Pros
interacting with customer
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 November 2015
providing one on one personal customer service, providing knowledge of specific products, greeting and ringing through customers on the P.O.S (point of sales).
Environnement agréable
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC8 November 2015
-Environnement agréable
-Beaucoup de responsabilité même pour une conseillère à la vente
-Travail beaucoup à la satisfaction de la clientèle
-Pas assez payé pour tout ce que nous faisons
Pros
50% de rabas pour les banières Reitsmans
Cons
Pas d'avantages sociaux et salaire peu élevé
Entreprise
Conseillère mode (Current Employee) –  Québec22 October 2015
Belle entreprise avec des belles valeurs et ayant à coeur leurs employés.
Postive, upbeat working enviroment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 June 2015
Promised full time and never get more than 2-3 shifts a week that are only 3-4 hours long. Managment is disorganized and clothing is over priced.
Pros
Easy to get along with coworkers
Cons
No hours when initially offered full time