Job Title: General Manager
Reporting to: President
NOC Code: 0651
# of Openings: 1
Type of Position: Seasonal, Full-time
Duration: April 30, 2014 - October 25, 2014
Salary: $4,000 per month, for 40 hours per week
Employer: Thunderhook Camps Inc. (DBA: Thunderhook Fly-Ins)
Location: #1 Timberline Drive, Armstrong, Ontario P0T 1A0
Thunderhook Camps Inc. (DBA: Thunderhook Fly-Ins) is a company providing domestic and international customers with seasonal fishing and adventure trips in the Thunder Bay District, Ontario. In particular, Thunderhook offers its customers quality accommodations, equipment and services for their excursion programs in Wabakimi Provincial Park, Smoothrock Camp and the nearby region.
Thunderhook seeks to recruit an enthusiastic, skilled and experienced candidate to fill a seasonal position of General Manager between April 30 and October 25, 2014. The General Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operation of Thunderhook in Canada during this period. The individual in this position must possess exceptional management, coordination and customer service experience as well as good knowledge of the industry. As Thunderhook has operations and major clientele in the United States, the position may require travel to the United States as well.
- Plan, organize and manage the day-to-day operation of Thunderhook;
- Coordinate timetables and schedules of programs to ensure delivery of a high level of
- Supervise and manage operation teams including hiring and training staff;
- Review and approve program sheets, budget plans and revenue reports;
- Handle and resolve operational issues in accordance with Thunderhook's guidelines and procedures to ensure programs run smoothly and enjoyably as possible from beginning to end;
- Develop and maintain customer relations and promote Thunderhook's services;
- Arrange airport, road and/or water transfers for customers; and
- Report to President of Thunderhook;
- Minimum three (3) years of managerial experience in recreational, travel or holiday industry;
- Professional experience as a tour manager, administrator or related occupation is required;
- A solid knowledge of the industry;
- Completion of secondary school is mandatory. University education would be a strong asset;
- Ability to multi-task projects and responsibilities and have strong prioritization skills;
- Customer oriented, computer-literate and well-organized;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships;
- Possess a Canadian Commercial Pilot’s license – fixed wing, landplane and seaplane endorsements;
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours as the position requires travel and weekend work; and
- Able to arrange for own accommodations.
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume with the heading "General Manager Position" in the subject line in order to be considered for the position. Please apply online or by email only.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.