Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 February 2017
Great place to work. But hard to advance unless you jump through hoops and move up in seniority and it isn't always based on your qualifications or job performance. Great employee activity fund. 14 percent in leu of benefits if PT or Full benefits if FT. Supervisors understanding but not always on same page. But over all pretty good and understanding.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Hours and lack of good communication
Helpful & friendly co-workers.
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 January 2017
Fast paced, high energy job. I enjoy the interaction with the patients, the job is physically demanding, which I enjoy as well. I work in a culturally diverse hospital. This has taught me a lot about other cultures, and the day to day struggles that some people face.
Overworked, Staffing Issues.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 February 2017
Routinely overworked, at one time was called in for potentially 16 straight days, many times worked 10+ days straight or scheduled for 7 Days straight. Staff on floors nice but usually very busy and not enough help on floors. Would benefit from PSW's on some floors. Always in Grid-Lock and not may opportunities for patients to have a stimulus. Confusing lay out of the hospital. Some Management is great, others are difficult to contend with and care more about a bottom dollar than the care of the patient. Staff routinely complain of not enough days off, Burn out, Stress, many taking stress leave, not much at work stress intervention or willingness by management to acknowledge an overworked population. Personal Emergency days are provided but some management don't take them into consideration and will often reprimand you for the utilization of them. Hardest part of the job is the amount of non-acute patients taking up beds for the acute patients, Social work and PT/OT only available M-F with the exception of holidays and patients routinely not able to get up and out of bed and therefore become bedridden and decline in function rapidly, Some doctors routinely ignore pages or take a long time to respond to calls, others are almost always available when called. Most enjoyable part of the job is the extra training opportunities available to staff, paid by the hospital.
Pros
Extra Training available for willing participants
Cons
Never Enough Staff, Many Last-Minute Float Moves.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 October 2016
it is very enjoyable. The best part of my day is the patients. They are having a rough time but just saying HI brightens their day! I love working with the staff they make the job enjoyable, because we are there to work together.
Professional
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay21 March 2015
Awarded for Corporate Culture, TBRHSC is a professional organization that prides itself on the delivery of Patient and Family Centred Care health experiences. Interprofessionalism is encouraged and awarded with opportunity for advancement.
Gaining Experience
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 February 2016
The TBRHSC has provided me with the opportunity to grow and gain a tremendous amount of experience. I had the opportunity to see what goes on in the Hospital working in different positions and departments.
inspiring work environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 February 2015
I am thankful for all the job opportunities I have secured throughout my career. I continue to be inspired to be the best MLT that I can be not only because I am self-motivated but also because I seem to always be surrounded by great role models in my profession.
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4