Thrifty Foods Employee Review

View all Thrifty Foods reviews

fun, faced paced work environment with reliable, team oriented employees, and employers who want others to succeed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 March 2014
Working as a cashier at Thrifty Foods is enjoyable and rewarding. My purpose in this job is making sure customers have a successful shop as well as experiencing tremendous customer service.
A typical day is greeting customers with a warm smile and a polite attitude. Ringing through products and memorizing various and numerous numeric codes, and placing products in bags. If customers need assistance with their groceries, I am more than happy to help place their bagged groceries into their cart, and proceed to page for assistance to their car.
If the day seems to be slow, each of the cashiers are able to do chores such as cleaning the monitor screens and wiping the doors and windows.
My management and co-workers are friendly and generous people who only want to see you succeed and do the best you can do at your job. Employees and management are all friends, work well as a team, and works hard to make Thriftys run smooth.
The hardest part of the job would be to memorize all the various types of food, and the codes for them. Before working at a grocery store I had not realized there were so many types of apples.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be talking to customers and provide them with customer service that has them keep coming back to our store.
Pros
always fast paced and busy
Cons
wages, difficult hours

Other Thrifty Foods Employee Reviews

Should never have moved and left my job.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 November 2017
Thrifty Foods was by far the best employer I have had. The staff and management felt like a family at every store. The benefits were amazing as was the salary.
Pros
Lots
Cons
working late
Very organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BC11 November 2017
Awesome Management who really cared about what was happening in the store.. All the none management employees are in high school, A lot of "Training" in the beginning two weeks (all on computer )
Pros
Very Friendly
Cons
no discount