Thrifty Foods Employee Review

View all Thrifty Foods reviews

Good Place to work
Role as Bakery Clerk and Baker (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC21 February 2014
A typical day at work for me was either baking in the back or packaging and helping customers. I learned a lot from thriftys, most of my baking experience came from there and my customer service. Management at thriftys goes as follows your department manager, store manager, branch manager and finally company manager. Being where I was I only dealt with department and store, my department manager was great and taught me a lot. My store manager was one of the reasons I quit as he never treated some of our employees with respect and he defiantly lost mine. My co-workers were awesome and I actually would look forward to work with them! We all got along and the atmosphere was amazing. The hardest part of the job was being able to do everything they demanded on time a lot of the time I had to work overtime and deal with a lot of workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was baking. I loved making all the yummy product and the smell and taste of them were great and knowing that I made that and that people are enjoying the product I made.
Pros
They usually worked around your life and its was a fun atmosphere
Cons
too much work and not enough hours

Other Thrifty Foods Employee Reviews

Should never have moved and left my job.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 November 2017
Thrifty Foods was by far the best employer I have had. The staff and management felt like a family at every store. The benefits were amazing as was the salary.
Pros
Lots
Cons
working late
Very organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BC11 November 2017
Awesome Management who really cared about what was happening in the store.. All the none management employees are in high school, A lot of "Training" in the beginning two weeks (all on computer )
Pros
Very Friendly
Cons
no discount