Thrifty Foods Employee Reviews

Good
Cashier and general customer service (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC12 May 2017
Good for students, the pay is not the best but you usually get to work with other students the same age. The work load is good and manageable. flexibility is good.
Pros
good people
Cons
money
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC4 May 2017
Greeting and helping customers, cleaning and organizing the store.
Learned how to make different salads and how to properly handle knives.
Management was great.
Great grocery store to work at. Feel like a family.
Great people to work with
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC3 May 2017
I worked for thrifty foods in the Deli for 4 years. It was great. Managers were friendly and helpful, good work/life balance.
Was fairly easy to book days off.
Always work to be done, so time goes by fast.
Pros
Friendly staff
Enjoyed the Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2017
Stocking Shelves on Midnight shift, we operated forklift and automatic pallet jacks receiving produce in the warehouse.

Typical day would be to receive the product sort, label and put away the product for the order pickers to be able to complete their day job to ship to the stores directly.
productive and clean work environment
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 April 2017
all of the people i worked with were very nice and super accommodating to my flexible work hours. They gave me enough hours and made sure the days I took off were respected. I learned how to deal with customers better and also with money. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with and who I met through my job.
Good environment decent managing team from head office
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 April 2017
usually working more then 10hrs as a salary employee, hard to hire the right ppl due to financial restrictions. always doing multiple tasks at once, never a dull day. the ppl you work with regularly makes it easier to be there
Good for a temporary or a permanent thing
Everything Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 April 2017
Not a bad employer, but it is hard to not get sucked into it all. Depending on your location and position will determine ones comfort. While they love a position, if the environment is not satisfying, you can simply switch locations depending on your position.
clerk
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 April 2017
good place for students to work, good entry level job with room to grow, looks great on resume too. lots of different options for jobs and position types.
Fun place, great management
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 April 2017
Had a great time here, 90% of the people were very happy and relaxed, and while the pay was mediocre, it was a great experience, and great to meet so many friendly, and hardworking people.
Pros
hours went by quickly, very capable management, people were great, often had free food in the break room
Cons
a few rotten apples but that's life, parking sucked, shifts were occasionally strange
Thrifty Foods is a great retail store to work for.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC6 April 2017
Management are great and they treat you very well. The environment is very good and people are always happy and polite. Customers loves to shop at Thrifty's because of it's excellent customer service and you know you're eating healthy and locally grown foods are the ones they promoted first. Managers are awesome and the Store Manager always greeted everybody and even works on the floor too. Good people, good store!
Pros
Good employees and Managers
Cons
not enough hours
got paid well
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC22 March 2017
depending on which location you work at job can be fun. Most people were fairly miserable and frequently complained about management and their jobs.I got paid well, and am thankful for that
Hated this job
Victoria Highlanders Manager / Game Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colwood, BC21 March 2017
I could not have enjoyed working here less. Unless customer service is your passion then you will be constantly bombarded with nasty satanic like customers who strive to make you feel inferior. Also the management sucks.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 January 2017
I found my time at Thrifty Foods to be fast paced but manageable as I was attending high school at the time. The hours were flexible and management was very understanding in building my schedule.
Fun team, not a lot of hours.
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee) –  James Bay, BC27 January 2017
I really like working at Thrifty Foods. The front end team is amazing and incredibly fun to work with. There's always a great deal of support from everyone if you should require/ask for it, and everyone gets along really well. The down side is, there aren't a lot of hours to go around, and paycheques suffer as a result. Morale has dipped a little since Sobey's took over a few years ago, and I've noticed more than a couple of grouchy faces in the last year.
Pros
Easy to work with team
Cons
Limited hours
Great benefits plan
DEPTARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 January 2017
The environment is quite mediocre and does not support creativity. Great benefits plan and fair wages. Great for corporately minded individuals and those that like working in teams.
Good work enviroment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  B.C9 January 2017
Thrifty foods is one of the best employers in Canada they take the time to train you well. The work atmosphere is positive and is a happy place to work.
Highschool credits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC17 December 2016
I volunteered here for free for highschool credits, they said they are gonna bring me on as a real employee, but never did. Even after coming in multiple times asking about the promised they made. Would not recommend working for this management.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Bad management
To help others find what necessities they need at the grocery store.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 December 2016
Set hours which make it easy to plan schedule. I learned to always smile and be polite to achieve satisfaction from customers. I would always ask manager questions if I was unclear of a task, or ask where a location of a product is. Helping out co-workers would be beneficial because they would often return the favour. The hardest part of the job was to have all the stock in the back completely organized. The most enjoyable part of the job was to satisfy customers so they would have a successful shop with no problems of finding the necessities they need in the grocery store.
Pros
Set schedule weeks in advance
Cons
Working late hours
Good
Deli Employee (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 November 2016
This is a good place to learn how grocery stores work and also how to handle customers as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely the people.
great company
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 November 2016
A very excellent company to work for. Very fast paced and exciting work environment for the customer service cashier positions. They also carry quality, local products for their customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrifty Foods. Our community is ready to answer.