ThoughtWorks Employee Reviews

Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka17 May 2017
Good place to work. Technically sound employees. Normally used as an offshore partner. The projects are on different technologies and gives a good exposure in agile development practices.
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2017
Agile pioneers. Good place to work. Support available when required. May involve travel. The management is open and honest about the ongoings of the company.
Great Location and easy to get around the downtown area
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 May 2017
Great location and easy to get around to other locations within the downtown area. The community involvement is one of the best events held in the office and everyone participates and share ideas.
Good Company for Techies
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana4 May 2017
Good Work life balance. Flexible work hours
Freedom for your thoughts and ideas. Encourages innovation and you can work with great people.
This organization is a good place for Techies
Good Projects
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 April 2017
new Technologies and new projects.
You need to travel a lot.
The atmosphere and the people are amazing.
Good expenses and facilities to work.
Brand new mac.
Empresa com comprometimento social
Assistente de Comunicações Internacionais (Former Employee) –  Joanesburgo e São Paulo15 February 2017
Muito boa. Trabalhar com o CEP agregou na minha formação.
Amazing workplace filled with smart fun-loving people
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka22 January 2017
ThoughtWorks is a great place to work if you are passionate about bringing big changes in how software development is done. There software development practices are some of the best in the industry. Great place to start your career if you want to get exposed to best practices from day 1.
But being a services company, you may not always be posted in a team where you like the work. But the company always encourages to ask for a shift if you are interested in something else.
Pros
Free food, Gaming after office hours
Cons
Projects always not per your liking
Fun place to work with smart people
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka19 January 2017
Laid back work culture with fun environment, however pay is much lower than other companies.This is an ideal place to join for a fresh grad out of college
Best place for work life balance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka21 December 2016
Thoughtworks is a flat organization. There is no rules, everything happens on trust basis. No shifts, no overtime, no deadline(conditions apply :-P)

Every thoughtworker is passionate about technology. This is the best place to learn. You can work with the best people in the industry. Company promotes opensource contributions, also helps for your pet projects.

Only thing to improve is the Salary
Pros
Culture, Colleagues, Work life balance
Cons
Salary
Ok work with less benefits
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka28 November 2016
I am working on a product currently and rolling off soon but next project I will get is not aligned with my career growth.

Management is not good, they don't listen to you and that affects your growth in the organization.

Learning curve is good and people are really good and helpful.
productive with good experience
developer and assistant project manager (Former Employee) –  hyderabad india17 November 2016
it was a very nice experience and i learned many things

in my field of study and in team work

i was very proud starting a project from scratch to end

we still underestimate ourself till we did something greater than we thought we can do
and that was my case and the experience gave me self confidence

and the sssurance the stand or face any project in any company in IT
i got leading capcity also during tis internship and it was great
PRODUCTIVE,community of passionate, purpose-led individuals
Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh18 October 2016
It provides software delivery, pioneering tools and consulting for organizations with ambitious missions.WORKING ENVIRONMENT IS REALLY GOOD
productive and very good place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh28 September 2016
My opinion at thoughtworks a typical day at work was amazing and i learned a lot of things like to have a good communication skills and Agile Methodologies. i had amazing trainers with a good management skills,they are all would love share their knowledge.The hardest part of the job is you have to satisfy your customer every time.
day by day activities quite challenging
OFFICE MANAGER (GERENTE ADMINISTRATIVA) (Former Employee) –  Porto Alegre, RS21 September 2016
It was my first experience working for an IT company with such a unique way of doing business. There was no typical day at work because one day was different from the next one and that was one of the most interesting aspects of the job. I learned many techniques facilitate the day-by-day activities, such as "stand up meetings", lunch & learn events, and many others. My co-workers were, almost 100%, young people, which I found quite challenging. The hardest part of the job was to keep myself updated with so many different and new things I had never seen before, which, at the same time, was the most enjoyable part of the job.
It was a really great adventure to be part of their team.
Pros
to be able to learn new things almost everyday
Cons
not to be able to learn so many new things as I would like to...
And Awesome Workplace with Scooters & Nerfdarts
IT Software Development & Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 August 2016
A Typical Work Day Is Very Uplifting and Positive. The Employees Are Kind And Helpful & They Motivate You Along The Way, Just Being an intern they made me feel like a normal worker.
Great work environment and incredibly motivating peers
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad27 July 2016
My internship at Thoughtworks Hyderabad was a life changing experience. I had never imagined that a software company would have such an easy going work environment. At Thoughtworks i discovered Agile methodology, a system which I implement in every aspect of my life. I also learnt that Thoughtworks is a company that values people. The individuals employed at Thoughtworks are incredible people who are extremely passionate about their jobs and the impact they make in the world. What I truly love about the company is the third pillar of their three pillar business model. "P3" is the principal of striving for social and economic justice.
Fun company to work with
Delivery Manager/Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 May 2016
It is a good company to work with if not up to 100% traveling. You get opportunities to work with smart folks, especially in the tech field.
Awesome company to work for
User Experience Designer senior consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka18 March 2016
Very good company to learn the technology, awesome work culture with lots to learn.
Give lots of preference to the employee needs.
Productive and fun workspace
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 March 2016
*People are highly talented.
*No Hierarchy.
*Unlimited lunch, juice, tea/coffee and snacks
*Fasting learning.
*Full support from seniors.
*Work with enjoyment.
Incredible culture, great environment to learn and share knowledge
Consultant Software Developer & DevOps (Former Employee) –  Quito, Ecuador16 February 2016
Incredible place for learning and share knowledge.
Was amazing to me work in that company, where I learned TDD, Clean Code, Continue Delivery, and many other best practices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThoughtWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3