ThoughtWorks Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of Smart People, Poor Worklife Balance
Software Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: culture, co-workers, technology
Cons: worklife balance
I came in as part of the associate consultant program, a program for new graduates to train within ThoughtWorks. I find that while there's lots of intelligent people to work with, the work life balance is poor. Often new grads are working 5-10hrs in excess of the 40 hour work week in order to complete extra work given to "upskill" them. Can feel a bit cult-like in how much people love the company, but overall the people are great to work with.
great culture
consultant (Former Employee), BrazilAugust 3, 2015
Pros: culture
Cons: too much work, sucks you in
But some of the management team are too authorative and do not reflect the company's culture of feedback and people development. Too much work for few people, can be quite stressful.
A perfect work and life balanced work place
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Xi'an, ChinaJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Anything but salary and work location
Cons: Does not support employee to immigrate, and not good enough earning
I have enough time to learn and practice every new technique I am interested in after a routine day's development work. My co-workers are all friendly and supportive. we often learn and share fantastic technical / productive ideas together, also we have lots of sessions and workshops to shape our mind and skills.

On the other hand, ThoughtWorks even allow me to take care of my 6 year-old daughter in the office and let her play game for a couple of hours every day after she comes back from school, which really solves my biggest time management issue.

All in all, I highly appreciate the experience that working in ThoughtWorks with all ThoughtWorkers.
Good Company environment
Intern (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 18, 2014
It was nice to work with Thoughtworks.
I learned there about C language, JavaScript, Java, TDD, Database, Data Structures. The management was very good.
Employee preferences are company preferences. Awesome work culture and awesome people.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), New DelhiJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: you are your own boss, everybody is very keen on quality work, you can define your career/ even change it.
Cons: some global policies are not clear.
Everyone has a say in the organization (except for some social cause work). There is no nagging manager peeking from behind your shoulder (flat hierarchy). People who do the actual work do actual estimations and can really decide upon and impact the work they are supposed to do. You can direct your career here. If you are a developer, and you think you want to work as a BA, you will definitely get opportunities for the same (not just to say like in many other organizations I know).

Everyone has a say in terms of where the office is heading towards, if there are policies that employees don't think are relevant.

Its easier to switch between technologies, projects, sometimes even if it means you are ready to travel. "Employee preferences are company preferences."

If you are someone who has an opinion and can express it. This is a place for you. You can come out a leader if you are capable of(and not a manager). The organization basically gives you opportunity to work.

Awesome people to work with too.
One of the best out there
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 21, 2013
Pros: freedom to manage my own schedule, loads of snacks, playtime and great colleagues
Cons: nothing specific
I love being a part of ThoughtWorks. Though my role is that of a Business Analyst, I get opportunities to be Iteration manager, project manager, tester, mentor and anything else I want to be and feel I will be good at.
I am heard and what I do is seen.
ThoughtWorks cares about the world we live in and strives to bring equality wherever possible.

ThoughtWorks understand my role as a mother and lets me prioritize my work and personal life as needed.

I love going to work everyday. It is not a job, it is a passion.
Amazing company to work for with great minds having a social cause
QA senior consultant (Former Employee), indiaFebruary 5, 2013
I never really knew if IT companies can BE this cool before getting into ThoughtWorks. My interview process was really interactive and it was hard to get through. After that, this place is like home more than home actually. Fun, excitement, learning, do what you do best, learn what you want to learn, can say anything to even the CEO who might be sitting right next to you, freedom, pride, ownership, great minds, inspiring individuals, young and energetic, great food and snacks, good connect across offices... i can just go on and on. this is the awesomest company i have known.