ThoughtWorks Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka29 October 2017
Work life balance. Team keeps changing based on project, which allows you to work with all your peers. Absence of strict hierarchy which is amazing. More responsibility on individuals.
Pros
Free food for breakfast and lunch, Monthly team outing, Challenging work
Cons
Very low salary compared to other companies
Ótima empresa para sem tem o estilo
Desenvolvedor Consultor (Former Employee) –  Belo Horizonte, MG23 October 2017
Ótima empresa para se trabalhar porém é preciso possuir a cultura da empresa e estar disposto a viajar muito
Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 September 2017
I worked as a software development consultant at for a year and a half for my first job out of college. Great place to work with smart people! I gained a lot of experience working on a wide variety of projects. Just be prepared for a lot of travel!
Growing Company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 September 2017
When I was at ThoughtWorks it was a growing company and hiring many people. there were times when maybe the right person was not in the right job, BUT, everyone there was and is very smart. I learned a lot about application integration. Many of the people that I worked with in 2000 are still there today.
Pros
Pay, opportunity, ThoughtWorkers
Cons
Some areas were always insecure about what other areas were doing and their billing rate.
Work, Passion, Fun
Strategy & Business Development (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, Delhi15 September 2017
ThoughtWorks is a community of passionate programmers. My experience with them has been great. I worked in the Bangalore and Delhi offices in India, though i traveled extensively to offices in Pune, Chennai and Hyderabad as well. TW is serious about open source software and providing a fun and interactive work place. It is very global, allowing people to explore opportunities in different places.
Pros
global, fun, passionate, advanced
Cons
Not commercially savvy
Simple awesome and magical.
Consultant (Application Developer) (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana17 August 2017
Lot of opportunity to grow in various technologies and domain. Company is completely employee focused. Free food, complete freedom and full ownership. All air travels from grads to senior leadership. No hierarchy I worked, paired, argued, fought partied with folks who are double my age and 15-20yrs more experienced than me. Simply awesome! only problem you need to be really good at what you do to get hired.
Terrible culture
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 August 2017
ThoughtWorks' culture is pretty awful. They haven't grown for years and they're not likely to grow in the future either. It's necessary to lie on the way in about how much you care for the needy, only to find that nobody really buys into that when you join.
Fun workplace and a competitive work environment
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Tamil Nadu7 August 2017
Perfect balance of work and fun. Being a hard worker is a nice to have but being a smart worker is a must have. Highly competitive work environment. Expected to be always willing to learn and develop using new technologies. Contribution to open source source projects is always supported. Customer is god but we should know when to push back and how to scope requirements, even as developers. Everyone is encouraged to pitch in ideas or suggestions in every facet of project delivery and not just stick to their role.
Great place that respects employees, culture and innovation
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana20 July 2017
If you want to learn Agile practices from the best then TW is the place to be. Very open company that respects it's employees and their views. Also the home to some of the best talent in the industry which constantly encourages you to work harder and smarter.
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka17 May 2017
Good place to work. Technically sound employees. Normally used as an offshore partner. The projects are on different technologies and gives a good exposure in agile development practices.

Want to know more about ThoughtWorks?

Ask a question
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2017
Agile pioneers. Good place to work. Support available when required. May involve travel. The management is open and honest about the ongoings of the company.
Great Location and easy to get around the downtown area
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 May 2017
Great location and easy to get around to other locations within the downtown area. The community involvement is one of the best events held in the office and everyone participates and share ideas.
Good Company for Techies
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana4 May 2017
Good Work life balance. Flexible work hours
Freedom for your thoughts and ideas. Encourages innovation and you can work with great people.
This organization is a good place for Techies
Good Projects
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 April 2017
new Technologies and new projects.
You need to travel a lot.
The atmosphere and the people are amazing.
Good expenses and facilities to work.
Brand new mac.
Empresa com comprometimento social
Assistente de Comunicações Internacionais (Former Employee) –  Joanesburgo e São Paulo15 February 2017
Muito boa. Trabalhar com o CEP agregou na minha formação.
Amazing workplace filled with smart fun-loving people
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka22 January 2017
ThoughtWorks is a great place to work if you are passionate about bringing big changes in how software development is done. There software development practices are some of the best in the industry. Great place to start your career if you want to get exposed to best practices from day 1.
But being a services company, you may not always be posted in a team where you like the work. But the company always encourages to ask for a shift if you are interested in something else.
Pros
Free food, Gaming after office hours
Cons
Projects always not per your liking
Fun place to work with smart people
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka19 January 2017
Laid back work culture with fun environment, however pay is much lower than other companies.This is an ideal place to join for a fresh grad out of college
Best place for work life balance
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka21 December 2016
Thoughtworks is a flat organization. There is no rules, everything happens on trust basis. No shifts, no overtime, no deadline(conditions apply :-P)

Every thoughtworker is passionate about technology. This is the best place to learn. You can work with the best people in the industry. Company promotes opensource contributions, also helps for your pet projects.

Only thing to improve is the Salary
Pros
Culture, Colleagues, Work life balance
Cons
Salary
Ok work with less benefits
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka28 November 2016
I am working on a product currently and rolling off soon but next project I will get is not aligned with my career growth.

Management is not good, they don't listen to you and that affects your growth in the organization.

Learning curve is good and people are really good and helpful.
productive with good experience
developer and assistant project manager (Former Employee) –  hyderabad india17 November 2016
it was a very nice experience and i learned many things

in my field of study and in team work

i was very proud starting a project from scratch to end

we still underestimate ourself till we did something greater than we thought we can do
and that was my case and the experience gave me self confidence

and the sssurance the stand or face any project in any company in IT
i got leading capcity also during tis internship and it was great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThoughtWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3