Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job
Global Sourcing Counsel (Current Employee), IndiaOctober 22, 2014
I enjoy my work and always ready to take something more and new as learning and developing is very important for any lawyer.
fast pace very hands on productive compnay
Senior Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2014
Thomson Reuters is a very fast-paced, high energy corporation. I perform daily order processing orders in Siebel, provide monthly revenue reports, work proficient in SAP, ORACLE. I'm part of toast masters at Thomson Reuters and work with volunteer outreach within the company.
Fast pace and productive
Production Processor Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2014
Thomson Reuters, ISI same company but name has changed.

Very productive company.
Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore,KAOctober 16, 2014
A learned a lot from my team member.
Good culture when it comes to working environment
Worked with a great group of people
Customer First Advisor/Lead HTML Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2014
Awesome crew to work with. Very tight nit group of people to work with and for.
Great work life atmosphere
Professional Sales Consultant (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: travel, paid for excelling.
Cons: none i can think of.
High expectations, rewarded for excelling. Management showed true concern for professional growth.
Employee Friendly
Trainee Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 16, 2014
Typical day at work was so enjoyable as it makes me busy and gave e the opportunity to learn .
I learned a lot specially time management, team coordination, knowledge of technologies,etc.
My management and my co-workers are very cooperative and supporting in every manner.
The hardest part ad enjoyable part of the job are the same when i have to face – more... a new challenge. – less
Great college job
Associate Account Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2014
Good hours, good team mates most of the time, good college job.
Friendly employees, freely share knowledge
Contractor - Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee), Winter Park. FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: cake once a month for birthdays - really?
Cons: no breaks
Thomson Reuters management fired me go after the accidental death of my 25 year old son! He was my only child.

I took an APPROVED week off to grieve, on Thursday of that week. My recruiter called to say, "they do not want you to come back". I asked why and there was silence.

Other employees were appalled at this heartless, merciless act. Some employees – more... quit shortly thereafter and others are still looking for a better company.

I do not know why they fired me. They would not tell me. I am surmising; A developer committed suicide 2 months prior due to the stress of his job. For fear the company would be affected again, they let me go, without a thought as to what this would odo to me personally. No heart.

My performance record was perfect before - I had emails to prove it! After this happened, management said "I pushed back on working the processes". Funny thing.... they had NO written processes.

You have to find the humor when your only child passes away AND you lose your job in the same month. I am supporting myself and had spent a lot of money on my sons 2 funerals.

I AM STILL UNEMPLOYED! On the verge of losing my home.

Thanks to Obama, you only get 4 months of "RE-EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE". NO EXTENSIONS.

Contractors have no legal rights, per 3 attorneys.

Signed:.
alive.... alone... – less
Company has lost its focus
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: workload, job-life balance, unprofessional managers, alot of promotion due to "sleeping around" which is against policy but isint enforced.
Most jobs have been outsourced due to massive cost cutting measures. Offshore teams have very bad turnover and as such the quality of the products has had a major decline. The last round of layoffs was based solely on salary so whats left is a lot of newer people who don't understand the business and products. Total shame. At one time it was a great – more... company to work for with a good name. – less
Many opportunities
Content and Analytic Strategies Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
With a global company like Thomson Reuters, there are countless sectors all engaged in a specific area. As an intern, I connected with several and succeeded with the areas best suited to my interests and skill set.
Good place for Interns
Technical Intern, BigData (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
I'm a fresher. It was a great learning experience in Thomson Reuters.
Productive and Fun to work with lot of exposure
Software Engineer (Current Employee), BangaloreOctober 7, 2014
Very productive environment, challenging work,flexible work timings, less onsite opportunites, good work environment, opportunites to learn new things
Not very competitive salary or happy environment
system administrator (Former Employee), new yorkOctober 6, 2014
Pros: company name recognition
Cons: low pay, poor management, no upward mobility.
There is no upward mobility. Very abusive and manipulative management. Could potentially be a career killer.
decent place to work, free parking
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), east haven, ctOctober 3, 2014
decent place to work, i was able to work part time from home. Coworkers were very nice
World leading media agency
Video Production Internship (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 2, 2014
Pros: global media company with a reputation for integrity and innovation
Thomson Reuters delivers news and financial data to millions of people around the world, observing a strong policy on impartiality and accuracy of information.
As a video editor working on the Reuters News Agency team I was responsible for producing videos to promote the company's media assets to subscribers of Reuters' services.
I worked closely with – more... the Marketing team to ensure accuracy throughout the production process of the videos.
The most exciting part of the experience was having the completed video packages reviewed by other members and receiving positive feedback. – less
Productivity
Technical Support (Current Employee), Sandton, GPOctober 1, 2014
The first day i had to go to client not knowing what to expect, when i got there i found that they are lot of issue and some of them i never work around them.

I learnt how to communicate with the client over the phone and face to face and learnt different types of servers and how they configured and Linux/Unix basic skills.

My co-workers were the – more... most helpful people if you don't know something they don't hesitate to assist.

When i have to do a shift alone, Helping client over the phone and other loggin the calls on the other hand. I had to attend each and everyone of them.

Visiting clients was the most enjoyable part of the job because you don't talk to them over the phone you communicate with them directly face to face. – less
Financial Market Executive
Financial Markets Executive (Former Employee), Genève, GESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: corporate culture, partys, cantine.
Cons: management
A typical day at work:

The role of this position consist of giving support to institutional investors in the use of Reuters financial applications. This role enables you to enhance your knowledge in various markets (traditional and alternative assets). The company also pushes you to take internal finance certificates and external certificates like – more... CAIA, CFA or FRM.

Hardest part of the job:
Studying for your exam during the evening and working during the day. – less
Stressful
Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 29, 2014
Hard place to have work/life balance.
Good place to start a global career.
Thomson Reuters
Director of Telerate Support (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Big corporate company with a great atmosphere for career advancement.

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos