Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and team work : A good company with lots of talented people
QA Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaSeptember 15, 2014
Overall experience with the company was very good above the expected level. Had a good team with co-workers forming the basis of the overall company which adds up an additional strength to the business.
I never come across any typical work day, and i have learned my things from the management,friends,colleagues,and my manager.
Productive and fun workplace working with machinery
Pressman (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 14, 2014
I had to train myself to change my sleep schedule for night shifts. The people were friendly, but I heard a lot of complaining from my co-workers. They have worked there for so long and each year they get treated more and more unfair. Being switched to different presses is stressful due to the several skills they must know in order to operate a press. – more... More work must be completed in a minimal amount of time. I learned how to pick up concepts fast and work efficiently. – less
good
Associate Consultant SAP SD (Former Employee), Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshSeptember 14, 2014
good at Job Work/Life Balance and Job Culture, Salary/Benefits,
Job Security/Advancement.
Good Company
HR Administrator (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 12, 2014
Thomson Reuters is top MNC Company which is basically based on US; As It is service company , It operates it operations in more than 107 countries.
Great Place to work!
Senior Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great vacation policy
Cons: there isn't alot of room for advancement.
Thomson Reuters taught me about the negotiation of contracts and the importance of maintaining good relationships with clients and suppliers. The job is extremely detailed oriented, however, it turned me into a team player.
Learning and fun is always associated
Publishing Specialist (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 10, 2014
Its a great place to work. But betterment is required in terms of slary and management.
Cyrillic Translator (Former Employee), Limerick, LKSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: staff meetings outside of work
Cons: not regular work hours
I enjoyed very much working there, very friendly co-workers, supportive and helpful mangers.
I loved working on translations, searching for a proper word to use.
Marketing & Sales Operations Manager
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I have years of experience running a marketing operations team. Have implemented both Eloqua and Pardot - with experience in a number of other ESPs (Adestra, Mail Chimp, iContact, Clickback, etc.). A Salesforce admin with experience of setting up advanced workflows, pushing data to / from marketing automation platforms, etc.
Great Benefits and Bonus Structure
Legal Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
inside sales team calling law offices to sell print and CD-ROM materials.
productive and team work
patent analyst/scientific editor (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 8, 2014
have great managment and learn many new things about patents and in life too.
Fast Paced Environment
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXSeptember 8, 2014
The work was challenging and rewarding.
People were very encouraging.
Latest technology was used.
Good place to work at
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 8, 2014
The work environment was really good. The best thing was the work-life balance and the flexible office timings.
Fun at work- low increments.
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 6, 2014
Thomson Reuters as a company is good. I would like to work there again.
Great Work to learn
JAVA DEVELOPER (Former Employee), bangaloreSeptember 5, 2014
Enthusiatic people with hunger to learn new things,technologies can join the company
Good Starter Position
Subscription Retention Associate (Current Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: work life balance, decent starting pay for an entry level position
Cons: repetition of daily duties
Typical day consists of 60% inbound and 40% outbound calls. You speak with Attorneys on a daily basis or their office managers.

Work life balance is good. You do not bring your work home with you in this position.

As with any call center type position, the routine can take its toll and wear on you pretty quickly.

Advancement is decent if you want – more... to stay within the Sales side of the business model. – less
Quiet environment, great office
Publishing Specialist (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesSeptember 3, 2014
We have a deadline to meet so it's actually up to you on how you manage your time and juggle your tasks. I learned how to really be responsible of my own decisions and take ownership. The management is great as well as most of my co-workers. They actually hire fresh graduates so that would probably be one of the hardest part, to mentor some new hires – more... that are not as focused as they are expected to be. I really enjoy how chill the environment is and how you can work at your own phase and at your own time. – less
Ensure effective and timely recovery of open receivables above established net terms agreed by Thomson Reuters always providing best in class service.
Credit and Collections Manager (Current Employee), Heredia, Costa RicaSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day at work is always exciting, the day starts very early and don't ends until the last customer is served and the most cash possible is retrieved for that day.

I have learned that great collections can and should be delivered with first class customer service.

TR management is great and not only business but customer and employee focus.

I – more... have a very professional and fantastic group of co-workers who helps me get the job done with passion and great commitment.

The hardest part of the job is not been able to help an honest customer when he’s in financial distress , at the end of the day we need to go by our SOPs.

I enjoy a lot when we can help a customer and achieve our goals, what one would call a WIN-WIN situation. – less
Pro and Cons
Legal Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits and working from home
Cons: culture of the company, career advancement
While it is nice working for Thomson Reuters, I do not see myself growing here. It is great for an entry level job but the tasks given will only get you so far. The lack of employee training for credentials is another problem. Management has been great in trying to help me build my resume for the next job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility – more... working and the ability to work from home. Benefits is a huge plus too. – less
FINANCIAL DATA OPERATION ANALYST
ASSOCIATE CONTENT ANALYST (Former Employee), BANAGLORESeptember 1, 2014
 ASSOCIATE CONTENT ANALYST in THOMSON REUTERS (FEB 2012 –APRIL 2013).
• As a content analyst my job was to analyze the bond data which we receive from Primary and Secondary sources of Thomson Reuters and to check the quality of its terms and conditions. This bond data needs to be updated in Thomson Reuter’s security database called EJV (Electronic – more... Joint Venture).
• Also my job is to provide up to date information to clients who may be pricing related Information or Bond Terms & Conditions related details by doing some research with the sources and issuers as well
• Preparing reports and doing research for our various clients in different part of the world.
• The quality checking the data operation mainly include the scrutinizing the information with the help of MS EXCEL and the MACROS.
• Updating the information in our databases which is a part of production which is mainly data operation with the help of MS EXCEL. The various functions used are Filter, V -look up, pivot and various calculations etc.
• Tradeweb Task and Bucketing task which consisting of Quality Checking of the Eurobond which also includes various data operation using the Macros in MS EXCEL.
• Pulling reports from our data base through SQL quires in MS EXCEL format checking the quality, preparing report and submitting same to the Manager. – less
Overall Thomson Reuters
News Publishing Specialist - Company New (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: work and learning
Cons: salary and increment
A good place to learn and expertise in financial journalism. Salary and increment is not on higher standard but job security is better.

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos