Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly employees, freely share knowledge
Contractor - Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee), Winter Park. FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: cake once a month for birthdays - really?
Cons: no breaks
Thomson Reuters management fired me go after the accidental death of my 25 year old son! He was my only child.

I took an APPROVED week off to grieve, on Thursday of that week. My recruiter called to say, "they do not want you to come back". I asked why and there was silence.

Other employees were appalled at this heartless, merciless act. Some employees – more... quit shortly thereafter and others are still looking for a better company.

I do not know why they fired me. They would not tell me. I am surmising; A developer committed suicide 2 months prior due to the stress of his job. For fear the company would be affected again, they let me go, without a thought as to what this would odo to me personally. No heart.

My performance record was perfect before - I had emails to prove it! After this happened, management said "I pushed back on working the processes". Funny thing.... they had NO written processes.

You have to find the humor when your only child passes away AND you lose your job in the same month. I am supporting myself and had spent a lot of money on my sons 2 funerals.

I AM STILL UNEMPLOYED! On the verge of losing my home.

Thanks to Obama, you only get 4 months of "RE-EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE". NO EXTENSIONS.

Contractors have no legal rights, per 3 attorneys.

Signed:.
alive.... alone... – less
Company has lost its focus
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: workload, job-life balance, unprofessional managers, alot of promotion due to "sleeping around" which is against policy but isint enforced.
Most jobs have been outsourced due to massive cost cutting measures. Offshore teams have very bad turnover and as such the quality of the products has had a major decline. The last round of layoffs was based solely on salary so whats left is a lot of newer people who don't understand the business and products. Total shame. At one time it was a great – more... company to work for with a good name. – less
Many opportunities
Content and Analytic Strategies Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
With a global company like Thomson Reuters, there are countless sectors all engaged in a specific area. As an intern, I connected with several and succeeded with the areas best suited to my interests and skill set.
Good place for Interns
Technical Intern, BigData (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
I'm a fresher. It was a great learning experience in Thomson Reuters.
Productive and Fun to work with lot of exposure
Software Engineer (Current Employee), BangaloreOctober 7, 2014
Very productive environment, challenging work,flexible work timings, less onsite opportunites, good work environment, opportunites to learn new things
Not very competitive salary or happy environment
system administrator (Former Employee), new yorkOctober 6, 2014
Pros: company name recognition
Cons: low pay, poor management, no upward mobility.
There is no upward mobility. Very abusive and manipulative management. Could potentially be a career killer.
decent place to work, free parking
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), east haven, ctOctober 3, 2014
decent place to work, i was able to work part time from home. Coworkers were very nice
World leading media agency
Video Production Internship (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 2, 2014
Pros: global media company with a reputation for integrity and innovation
Thomson Reuters delivers news and financial data to millions of people around the world, observing a strong policy on impartiality and accuracy of information.
As a video editor working on the Reuters News Agency team I was responsible for producing videos to promote the company's media assets to subscribers of Reuters' services.
I worked closely with – more... the Marketing team to ensure accuracy throughout the production process of the videos.
The most exciting part of the experience was having the completed video packages reviewed by other members and receiving positive feedback. – less
Productivity
Technical Support (Current Employee), Sandton, GPOctober 1, 2014
The first day i had to go to client not knowing what to expect, when i got there i found that they are lot of issue and some of them i never work around them.

I learnt how to communicate with the client over the phone and face to face and learnt different types of servers and how they configured and Linux/Unix basic skills.

My co-workers were the – more... most helpful people if you don't know something they don't hesitate to assist.

When i have to do a shift alone, Helping client over the phone and other loggin the calls on the other hand. I had to attend each and everyone of them.

Visiting clients was the most enjoyable part of the job because you don't talk to them over the phone you communicate with them directly face to face. – less
Financial Market Executive
Financial Markets Executive (Former Employee), Genève, GESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: corporate culture, partys, cantine.
Cons: management
A typical day at work:

The role of this position consist of giving support to institutional investors in the use of Reuters financial applications. This role enables you to enhance your knowledge in various markets (traditional and alternative assets). The company also pushes you to take internal finance certificates and external certificates like – more... CAIA, CFA or FRM.

Hardest part of the job:
Studying for your exam during the evening and working during the day. – less
Stressful
Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 29, 2014
Hard place to have work/life balance.
Good place to start a global career.
Thomson Reuters
Director of Telerate Support (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Big corporate company with a great atmosphere for career advancement.
xyz
Transition Lead (Former Employee), LondonSeptember 26, 2014
It was a very good com[any and i learnt so many things to deliver the developed objects on time.
Friendly, productive workplace
Advanced Editor (Current Employee), MytholmroydSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible working
Friendly, productive workplace. Flexible hours. Plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Not a good fit
PM (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Not a good fit for me. Disorganized, political, uncommitted.
Good to work freshers here
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 22, 2014
In this company working environment is very good. Freshers its good place to work.
Good place to start your career.
Associate Content Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, employee friendly
Cons: low pay scale
This is a awesome company for the freshers. One can learn a lot here along with good work life balance.
productive and fun place
Associate Research Analyst (Current Employee), chennai,TNSeptember 20, 2014
Cons: ots
need of the cusromers,communiocation skills with co-workers,
Freelance Writer
Freelance Writer / Analyst (Current Employee), SydneySeptember 17, 2014
I was approached by Thomson Reuters to write some professional compliance articles. The experience has broadened my compliance experience and given me insight into compliance isues outside what I would normally be exposed too.

The work is freelance based and I work from home.
great place to work and all my colleagues were very helpful and friendly
Associate research analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaSeptember 17, 2014
The day starts very well by checking our quality check reports and proficiency reports which shows really where we stand. I have learnt to provide quality indexed articles and could manage time very well.
Co-workers were really friendly and helpful.The hardest part of the job is that have to work on larger volumes of articles during backlog periods – more... and should be able to process one article in 3 minutes which is quite tough. The most enjoyable part is that I gained lot of knowledge by reading lot of research articles. – less

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos