Thomson Reuters

• Salary/Benefits
about job
Junior Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 8, 2014
It is a good company
we can learn more good things from that company
management is good
my enjoyable day in that company was award function
Productive and very funny
Analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, TamilnaduAugust 7, 2014
I learn lot of new things in my previous concern. it is very funny and productive. i always enjoy my work and do the same well. i am workholic. i am very confident in my work.
Excellent Benefits
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 6, 2014
Thomson has benefits like no other. You will not be disappointed and if you are looking to find another position, you will struggle to find one that comes close.
Great environment for advancing your career
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2014
I've enjoyed working here, mostly because of the team of developers I work with. Everyone is extremely smart, and yet places a premium on having a sense of humour
Enjoyed maintaining and identifying system and client issues
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: loved what i did and worked with a great team of people
Cons: seeing the company downsizing over the years
My daily responsibilities included Monitoring systems for communications, hardware and software issues as well as maintaining the system databases. Proactively identify issues that could have potentially affected clients. Liaised with our engineers and assisted in troubleshooting system issues. Assisted 2nd level support and sometimes performed 2nd – more... level support duties.

Worked the majority of my years with the same co-workers, assisting them and training them on new systems and applications. My co-workers were amusing to work with and we worked as a team.

My job was always interesting as I had many responsibilities and projects. The hardest part was leaving on time as sometimes issues overlapped into the next shift. But, the best part was being able to identify issues or problems, solving them and having the client happy with the end result. That always made my day. – less
Loved this place, just didnt compensate well
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Fort worth txAugust 1, 2014
Loved all about TR just didnt pay what I expected. Day consisted of lots of calls. Management team was experienced and well balanced to lead teams.
Management is bad and not very controlling
Data Center Support Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 30, 2014
Very busy but not clear... Training from Indian speaking so it is hard to understand. Co-workers are not friendly. Supervisor is telling you what to do but not doing it . Not enjoy to work there anymore....
Top notch legal information provider for decision makers in government
Senior Government Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Louisiana and Mississippi capitals and judiciaryJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excellent connections
Cons: budgetary restraints in government
Meeting with governmental executives who utilized and created laws and regulations in the State and Federal Government Markets.

Negotiated government contracts for services.
Typical Big Corporation
Global Product Manager-Indices (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Management is not that competent. Job duties are not clear at all. Working from home a plus
Fast Paced Environment
New Business Account Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 27, 2014
Pros: diverse culture
Cons: lack of quick progression
Sweet & Maxwell is a British publisher specialising in legal publications. It joined the Associated Book Publishers in 1969; ABP was purchased by the Thomson Organization in 1987, and is now part of Thomson Reuters.
Good
Consultant, Quality Control (Current Employee), HyderabadJuly 25, 2014
Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good – more... and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere. – less
good
a Financial Analyst (Production Team) (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
i never come across any typical work day, and i have learned my things from the management,friends,colleagues,and my manager.
all are good at works and they are very supportive to me and my work.the hardest part is my patience enjoyable part its self job only.
Good Company with more benefits
Application Support Engineer (Current Employee), SingaporeJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free shuttle
Cons: night shift
I enjoy working with organization, the people and the environment.
British Army
Data Centre Technician (Current Employee), Fareham, ENGJuly 23, 2014
Pros: you get three meals a day
Cons: you are a soldier first and a tradesman second
The British Army taught me all the skills of the trade whilst being on an operational tour.

I built three Data Centres in Butmir Camp, Ilidza Hotel Complex and Tito Barracks all within Sarajevo during my 13 years.
We worked hard and played hard
Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee), London, various locationsJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the level of trust that management gave you to do your work, as in no mico management
Cons: very long hours at times, but this was optional
Thomson Reuters is a pretty good place to work for, it has some great people and everyone is very sociable and you get to meet colleagues at all levels.

TR is very diverse and management usually leave you to get on with it and deliver your results but always there to support you should you need a steer.

Hardest part of the job was mid-way in to the – more... project when I put in 15-16 hours per day due to the level of migrations being done and the support I needed to provide to the end user. on the plus side I got to go to NYC twice to lead one part of the migration, this was a huge achievement for me especially since I’ve never done this type of role before and within months I became the lead or the go to person for issue to be resolved.

I had great training from one of my colleagues when I first joined the team and he was an intern and had been doing the role for one year and he provided me with great training for me to be able to take over his role and continue to train others and new members of the team, worked very closely with BA's which also gave me great insight to the software that was being rolled out as well and my own developer to work with. – less
Productive and Hardowrking
Global Accounts - Senior Credit Controller (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 20, 2014
Jul’11 – Present Thomson Reuters Ltd.
Canary Wharf, London, UK (permanent position)

Position: Global Accounts – Senior Credit Controller

• Responsible for the collection of current and aged debt with a minimum revenue base of $35m per quarter
• Pursue timely collection of outstanding debt to deliver monthly individual & team targets for cash collections – more... and reducing overall DSO´s.
• Attend customer meetings or schedule global conference calls with clients to resolve disputes and maintain working to improve relationships with our clients.
• Prepare Global & Regional debt reports and use them as the basis to chair conference calls focusing on debt reviews with clients and highlight company payment terms.
• Prepare internal debt movement reports and manage cash collections Global accounts and coordinating with local credit controllers to maximize results.
• Carry out detailed reconciliations of customers accounts and perform good in-house keeping.
• Identifying bad debt and raising provisions on a quarterly basis.
• Work with Sales support to assist in the preparation of the credit request documentation. – less
Its a good company with lot of learning Scope.
Analyst QA (Current Employee), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.July 9, 2014
In Thomson Reuters, you have lot of opportunities to learn and improve ourselves.
A great place to work
Finance and Risk Intern (Current Employee), Dubai, UAEJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good work environment, friendly colleagues/atmosphere, fully stocked kitchen, foosball table and games
Cons: preference of permanent employment given to those with connections
Thomson Reuters is a great place to work with an relaxing and friendly atmosphere. The only issue there being the issue with whole of Dubai; the market is saturated. Hence they are not willing to risk train fresh candidates, even after I had worked there and gave a 110% and in the temporary contractual work that I was given.
I was applying for a Client – more... specialist position and I understand that experience is critical and vital but I have met with people in Thomson Reuters who became Client Specialists and more simply because of their connections and network. Some of them lacked the vital needed experience... – less
Productive and everybody's dream to work with such a company
Hadoop developer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 9, 2014
I have learned many things from my seniors here. And i got a business visa trip tp newjersey for a month. I loved it. I have trained my collegues and team that whatever i have learned from the stake holders in counter parts.
Excellent company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
I had a wonderful experience during my time with Thomson Reuters. A highly professional, respectful work environment.

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos