Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was very productive and fruit full for me to work with such a big reputed company.
Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2013
The company is a big reputed company and a ethical company too. The staff was so supportive . The work place was so good. The management used to work in top to bottom hierarchy. The hardest part of the job was to sit at one place for couple of hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the co workers were so friendly .
great working environment, good people, culture, dry
media (Current Employee), CanadaSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: professional
Cons: too many useless meetings, slow to implement, feels like a government
The company has great perks and working culture.
I learned that very large corporations do not know what the right hand is doing. No room for advancement and very limited training.
Poor values and workplace environment
Editorial (Former Employee), Hong KongAugust 2, 2012
Pros: free fruit on fridays
Cons: poor workplace environment
Core values have gone out the window. Poor workplace environment.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent Management.
ORDER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST 3 (Former Employee), Bangalore IndiaJuly 23, 2012
Pros: free transportation
Everyday we check our emails and the Que in our CRM IDs for the number of orders to be processed which is prioritized based on the urgency,TAT and our Global Focus Clients. When the work volume is high, the Teams join in to contribute to clearing the que. The most challenging was to meet with the TAT SLA which in certain cases was only 30 minutes.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was good management, recognition and friendly environment. – less
An ocean of possibilities
Product Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2012
My experience at Thomson was amazing. I had the opportunity to work with very talented people from the US, England and Canada. It is a company that cares about their employees and offer great opportunities for advancement.
Fast Paced Environment
New Business Account Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 27, 2014
Pros: diverse culture
Cons: lack of quick progression
Sweet & Maxwell is a British publisher specialising in legal publications. It joined the Associated Book Publishers in 1969; ABP was purchased by the Thomson Organization in 1987, and is now part of Thomson Reuters.
Good
Consultant, Quality Control (Current Employee), HyderabadJuly 25, 2014
Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good – more... and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere.Good and a great working atmosphere. – less
Good Company with more benefits
Application Support Engineer (Current Employee), SingaporeJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free shuttle
Cons: night shift
I enjoy working with organization, the people and the environment.
We worked hard and played hard
Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee), London, various locationsJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the level of trust that management gave you to do your work, as in no mico management
Cons: very long hours at times, but this was optional
Thomson Reuters is a pretty good place to work for, it has some great people and everyone is very sociable and you get to meet colleagues at all levels.

TR is very diverse and management usually leave you to get on with it and deliver your results but always there to support you should you need a steer.

Hardest part of the job was mid-way in to the – more... project when I put in 15-16 hours per day due to the level of migrations being done and the support I needed to provide to the end user. on the plus side I got to go to NYC twice to lead one part of the migration, this was a huge achievement for me especially since I’ve never done this type of role before and within months I became the lead or the go to person for issue to be resolved.

I had great training from one of my colleagues when I first joined the team and he was an intern and had been doing the role for one year and he provided me with great training for me to be able to take over his role and continue to train others and new members of the team, worked very closely with BA's which also gave me great insight to the software that was being rolled out as well and my own developer to work with. – less
Its a good company with lot of learning Scope.
Analyst QA (Current Employee), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.July 9, 2014
In Thomson Reuters, you have lot of opportunities to learn and improve ourselves.
Productive and everybody's dream to work with such a company
Hadoop developer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 9, 2014
I have learned many things from my seniors here. And i got a business visa trip tp newjersey for a month. I loved it. I have trained my collegues and team that whatever i have learned from the stake holders in counter parts.
Excellent company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
I had a wonderful experience during my time with Thomson Reuters. A highly professional, respectful work environment.
management
Support Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: no food
Management is friendly and cooperative.Employee concerned and systematic approach. one of the best organisation in India.
Provided lots of Training
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 3, 2014
A Typical day at work consisted of logging in on the phones and taking a high volume of calls from both internal and external customers, calling about an issue with their account or a product that was sent. I learned a lot about the company and its products that were offered, and the main issues that most law offices had with the company and the products. – more... Co-workers were friendly and helpful, The hardest part of my job was identifying the issues the caller had and coming up and a solution quickly and a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning something new – less
Fun and very entertaining environmet to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJuly 3, 2014
 Maintenance of cash and bank books, ledger accounts, etc.
 Preparation and updating of monthly payroll.
 Periodical physical verification of inventory and reporting.
 Reviewing monthly sales/purchases of the company.
 Finalization of Financial Statement in co-ordination with seniors.
 Worked as a Mentor for fresher.
 Ledger Entries, Journal – more... Entries.
 Reviewed and corrected accounting entries.
 Handle the team in absence of Team Leader.
 Posting of all transactions, purchase, sales, payment, receipt, journal voucher etc.
 Follow-up payments from clients
 Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
 Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and long-range tax and estate plans. – less
Large company with diversified products and groups
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Large company with diversified products and groups. Can get your hands on different views & learn about different groups. Big on affinity groups and CSR.
Network Services (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 29, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere to work
Cons: as a black box employee, a contractor company, my situation at thomson reuters was unstable.
Good place to work. From 8am to 5pm.
A typical day at work was access to the a particular computer's room and work in a particular job, like for example installation of some copper or fibre cables. Termination of them and tested.

The hardest part of the job: Fibre patching. It can't be mistakes. A bit pressure.

The most enjoyable part of the job: – more... Lunch time!, and of course when I have the opportunity to lear new skills or have new experiences at work.

What I have learned: A good understanding of Communications / Data Centre / Structured Cabling Systems. Strong experience in installation, termination and testing (Optical Fibre, Cat5e; Cat6; Cat6a and coaxial cables). – less
Very good oppurtunity to start with
QA Trainee (Former Employee), UB city, BangaloreJune 28, 2014
Pros: good encouragement
Cons: nothing like that
I never felt as fresher. My colleagues were soo helpful. Learnt many technical things.
encouraged high production output
Publishing Specialist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 25, 2014
Many changes made to the company in recent years were needed to make the company more profitable, although I believe that more training could have been done to retain those already employed instead of dismissing them.
Fundamental process
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), BNAGALOREJune 25, 2014
working as a financial Analyst in Fundamental process , data research with different GAAP financials like US- GAAP , IFRS.
Thomson Reuters Co-workers support is appreciable , The competitions conducted by the Co., on productivity and Quality and getting awards and rewards on that are most enjoyable part of the job .

About Thomson Reuters

Financial information is king and Thomson Reuters Corporation holds the crown. The company is the market leader in financial data – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos