Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work at.
Order management specialist (Current Employee), Bangalore KADecember 8, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: no day shift
good place to work at.Good colleagues. nice salary package, transport facilities are good.
Problem is night shifts.
Good professional environment and engagement of people
Line Manager, Bio-medicine Team (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APDecember 6, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: low salary
Thomson Reuters is a professional organization where work life balance is given equal importance. Employees are given due privileges. The 7 years spent here has been valuable as I have learnt a lot in terms of it's IP and Science business and progressed well in my career from being an individual contributor to a people manager.
Fantastic Place to work
Lead Process Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2014
Huge opportunities for hard working individuals, load of potential for advancement.
Opportunities to travel as there are office all over the world.
I was fortunate enough to have had the chance to work in London for many years.
professional, productive environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee), minnesotaDecember 3, 2014
Pros: professional, productive environment
professional, productive environment
advanced in QA knowledge
great management
great coworkers
multiple changes in requirements
great collaboration with co-workers
Global team approach.
Technical Development Specialist 4 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule with option to work from home.
Cons: physicall distant management is not integrated well with local team.
You know that your efforts are visible to the customer. This provides impetus to do good work on their behalf. TR provides the technical resources needed to get the job done but management needs some improvement in developing trust. Most enjoyable was helping customers get the trading information they needed in time to use it.
West Law Sales Print Team
Account Executive (Former Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: commison
Cons: staff and managment were unprofessional
At the time I was there the sales management team was a joke. Very unprofessional and lots of unethical sales practices being performed. I have been informed that they cleaned house on the sales consultants were cheating the system.
It is great Place to work.
Windows System Administrator / Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New JerseyDecember 1, 2014
Pros: company christmas party is great
Cons: benefits is low, healthcare contribution is very expensive.
TR is a great company to work for and a great institution. Working daily of Change and Incident Management tickets are routine work.
Got great experience
Correspondent Punjab State (Current Employee), Mohali, PunjabDecember 1, 2014
I have got an great experience in this company from last years and caught the key of success.

And most enjoyable part of the job work from home for two days in month and 5 days working also enjoyable.
Got great experience
Correspondent Punjab State (Current Employee), Mohali, PunjabDecember 1, 2014

Great company, bad dept
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home, good benefits, employee discount program
Cons: no flexibility, micro managing
I work in a not so great department. This has soured my to the company in general. I would recommend the company to a friend, just not the department I currently work in.
I learned that everything must be put in writing.
Not Inspring
Lead Publishing Coordinator (Current Employee), EaganNovember 30, 2014
Pros: cafeterias, caribou, yoga studio, subway, shuttle
Cons: difficult to advance, low salaries
Most days were filled with tasks. The people in my department were friendly. Management was difficult to please.
Senior QA (Current Employee), divyasree technoplois,bangaloreNovember 25, 2014
• Over all 6+ Years of IT Experience which includes 5 +Years of Quality Assurance experience in Software Testing using Selenium Web Driver (2.0) along with Manual Testing in Thomson Reuters
• Extensive knowledge of SDLC ,STLC and Defect Life Cycle (DLC).
• Sound knowledge and proficient in Java (OCJP Certified) and ISTQB certified (Foundation Level).
 – more... Good programming skills using CoreJava and Automation Tools WebDriver ,SeleniumRC,TestNG,JUnit.
• Extensive knowledge of SDLC ,STLC and Defect Life Cycle (DLC).
• Good programming skills using CoreJava and Automation Tools WebDriver ,SeleniumRC,TestNG,JUnit. – less
My Learning at workplace
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore IndiaNovember 24, 2014
I love to work early morning hours, the most productive time in my point of view.

Love to do new functionality testing.
Other than application testing i learnt deployment testing,Preparation of test environment,performance testing,database testing
Brought up the idea of automating the the regression test suite.
Developed a POC with my co-worker and – more... presented that to the management and was awarded for the same
Brought in QTP to project for automating the regression test suite
Brought in QA process to the project like all QA related doc were saved in a separate location ,introduced quality center to the project so that test case execution and test case management could be done on that.
JIRA was introduced for defect management for the whole project.

Apart from all Technical skills the important thing i learnt here is my presentation skills and communication skills

How to explain a defect to developer /dev Lead with out hurting anyone.
How to be assertive and how to reply to annoying mails.

There was nothing that i hated in this job. My office was my second home.
This is just a birds eye view into my career .Hope to have discussion soon regarding my skills and abilities. – less
Talented staff
Foreign Exchange Correspondent (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 24, 2014
Pros: talented journalists in editorial
Cons: lots of changes in the organisation
I enjoyed my time at Thomson Reuters. In the more than eight years I was there I met some incredible journalists, had some talented and nurturing editors and have made friends for life.

Reuters, that was the brand name I was really keen to join and the work environment for a majority of my career there was vibrant, friendly and supportive.

It is a – more... good company to work for but people looking for stable careers need to be mindful of the fact that is it currently going through a lot of changes. – less
Good place to start career
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
TR was a good name on the resume and I learned a lot as my first job here. Overall the company is a bit of a mess as they keep acquiring companies and launching new products but don't know where to place those companies within TR or advance the products to make them better and stay in the marketplace.
Risk Associated was challenging in this role
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Bangalore IndiaNovember 16, 2014
Pros: challenges
Cons: risk
Investment Banking system,Cash Settlements,Intrday Trade,SWIFt code settlement and Bloomberg syatem
12 year experience in accounts & financial analysis
Senior Content Specialist - Fundamentals (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 14, 2014
Over 12 years of experience in accounts, finance, auditing & financial statement analysis with a sound financial background with experience in financial industry. Proven leadership abilities with being established, developed and led the company fundamentals department within Thomson Reuters.
Fast paced and fun
Global Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesNovember 14, 2014
Analyzes and resolves incidents and requests regarding software, hardware, servers and network issues. Logs and tracks incidents and requests from identification through resolution. Follows up with other support staff involved in resolution to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the employee communication is complete. Documents resolutions – more... and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases. – less
Very good place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreNovember 14, 2014
only the thing is it paying very less salary.Very good place to work,
i am looking for good job beecause it is paying low salary so i am looking for new one.
Plenty of work
Researcher (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: understaffed and large workload
My day starts off organizing and reviewing work from the previous day to make sure information is accurate. I spend a lot of time reading, proof reading case files for specific documents for identification purposes. I've learned to be more precise in terms of sharing information with my team members and became a stronger communicator in the process. – more... The hardest part of the job is the workload and deadlines but that challenge of making me more organized has become invaluable. I enjoy the challenges of organizing and processing information to serve a purpose bigger than myself. – less

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos