Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

excellent company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 June 2017
Thomson Reuters was an amazing company to work for. There were many challenges in the beginning, the learning process of their systems, from my previous job with Oracle. Elite Thomson Reuters acquired our division from Oracle were I was fortunate to remain in my position as Administrative Assistant. This acquisition allowed me to improve my skills through hands on training from our administrative and Facilities personnel in our head office. The training received from Admin and Facilities allowed me to take on more responsibilities.
workplace culture was fun and exciting, were I headed the fun committee, and planned annual Golf Events, Holiday staff parties, quarterly events, special occasions, like monthly staff birthdays
The job with Elite Thomson Reuters was enjoyable, to be honest there was no hard part of it
Pros
all Good
Award winning work culture in Canada
VP, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
Thomson Reuters has an award winning culture in Canada - including a stellar work/life balance. As the company transitions from a high margin content business to a more competitive online workflow sector, growth has slowed and budgets have tightened, including some "right sizing" of the business.
Pros
1/2 day Fridays. year round
Cons
Employee loyalty and slow growth means career advancement is challenging for newer staff
Management's views are short sighted and ruthless
Legal editor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 June 2017
Employee morale is low after seeing drastic layoffs last year to bolster the quarterly results. Workloads are increasing as staff is dwindling. As people work harder and longer, management plays games - that's right, they made us play "leader bingo". Staff are nervous and everyone is afraid to speak up. After cutbacks and layoffs they say they want the feedback from the workers but everyone knows you can't be honest. Must tell management that they are great!
Pros
Flex time and work from home
Cons
Increasing work, no job security, MANY office politics
Good company needs change of guard
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Not a bad company for a sales rep though the technology seemed a bit dated. Needs to have a change of guard and replace top management. Seems a bit bloated
Bueno para desarollar aptitudes, experiencia y redes de contacto
Gerente (Former Employee) –  Nueva York, EEUU12 February 2017
Para muchos, la administracion de la empresa es un poco beurocratica, faltando agilidad y independencia de decisiones para con los gerentes cuando necesitan contratar para los roles en sus equipos (nisiquiera nuevos puestos).

Existia mas beneficios en cuanto el desarollo educacional, professional antes pero empezaron a eliminarlo con tros ajustes.

Comenzando con 2010 mas o menos la administracion de la empresa empezo a ser demasiado activista en cuanto la politica social de la 'diversidad' haciendo su agenda de ingeneria social al nivel de su pequeno emperio.
Pros
beneficios incluyeron vacaciones al estilo europeo
Cons
los seguros medicos son muy caras
Global company with constant changes
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
It's a big global company with many career paths if you have supportive management. It has good work life balance.
However the changes in the recent years seem short sighted and focused too much on bottom line instead of strategy and growth.
Great people, heavy workload
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
The other people in the office are one of the best attributes for Thomson Reuters in Montreal.
Friendly, hard working and overall very positive.
The workload is heavy in all departments and we are generally under staffed.
The disadvantage to this is the constant heavy workload, however the advantage is you experience and learn many different areas of the Marketing process.
Most of the management staff are very good, easy to work with and professional.
Pros
good people
Cons
heavy workload
Target driven company focus with good salary and benefit package
Account Executive - (HR and Health & Safety B2B) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
High pressure sales environment, but with above average salary and benefit package. Co-workers were fantastic. I would recommend only those with a strong sales background to apply.
Fun work place. Provides Company Team Building every year and a luxury Christmas Party!
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  PH14 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I come to work with nice people, people you get along and has become your friends. The company allows you to create your own group/organization that makes all employees to get closer and do fun activities such as cooking, dance and other kinds of organization you can ever imagine!
Pros
Free lunches
One of the Best Financial Companies
Spanish Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philippines6 June 2016
Working in Thomson Reuters made me acquire many skills in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and public equity offering deals. It has an extensive offering of training and webinars to ensure that you continuously learn while you work in the organization.
Fun place
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2016
the co-workers are fun but the tax division has extended hours and it is not of a surprise to work long hours during tax season.

The salary is low for the quality of work that the employees do. and the size of the company.
Pros
co-workers are fun
Cons
long hours, low salary
Worst Company to work with
Legal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On10 March 2016
Certain employees are narcissist and selfish. The manager is rude and picks sides, the pay sucks and don't pay their employees well. Thank god I don't work for that company anymore
Pros
Good Benefits, Free lunch.
Cons
Low Pay, No awards and appreciate.
Very nourishing atmosphere with greater professional and personal freedom and satisfaction
Technical Lead, QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2016
All day are exciting
I have learnt good automation technology
I have improved my management skills
All co workers are very collaborative.
Freedom of exploring is the most enjoyable part of the job
Mauvaise environnement de travail
Coordonnatrice marketing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2015
Need so many hours for overtime and not paid.
Poor management
No respect for employees
Not open to idea and very cheap employer
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Old management mentality-Overtime not paid
no advancement
Client Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2015
Employees nice but no chance of advancement
Sales of Westlaw next and other programs
Outgoing calls to set up appointments
Great People, and Excellent Work Environment.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 October 2015
People are friendly, supportive management. Great hours. You will learn a lot from your colleagues by working alongside them. Excellent place to start off your career and looking to move forward.
Pros
Hours are good. Occasional free lunches.
Cons
...
Old company with updated views
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2015
Canadian customers aren't American ones, and they shouldn't be treated the same. Bad marketing and old school business ideals are getting this organization no where while younger more updated competitors are wining,
It is great to work at Thomson Reuters.
Quality Assurance Specialist and Legal Editor (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP31 December 2014
I have been working at Thomson Reuters,Hyderabad, India since three years now and it is great working at such a huge organization.
I am applying on Indeed to move to the US which would give me more opportunities to excel myself in the field. Currently, I am a legal editor where in I work on the cases that has been filed in the US courts such as a case,appellate brief,trial orders etc, and determine the experts in the document with thorough checks. These documents are directly given to the clients who subscribe for our product in the US. The clients and customers include lawyers,para legals, courts etc.

The reason I enjoy working for this organization is its work culture.Given an opportunity I am ready to move to the US with a little expenses from my side as well.
diversified work environment
Tax support Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 July 2014
It was an impressive paid-internship. I have learned how to work in an office environment in all facets. Managers are easily to e reached. Warmed environment and very diversify. I enjoy solving problems. My task was to answer customers' questions in tax and technical related. Overall,I really enjoyed working at Thomson Reuters
Pros
free coffee
Cons
low pay
Corporate Culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2014
The best part of the job is the working environment and the corporate culture. They all are true professionals and they respect you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.