Thompson Rivers University Employee Review

View all Thompson Rivers University reviews

Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 January 2014
Accolades Dining Room is a fine dining experience that serves 5 course meals and also has an excellent wine menu to accompany meals.
The culinary department also caters banquet events for large amounts of guests. They are either plate service of 3 - 5 course meals or buffet style.
At TRU's culinary department I have expanded my knowledge of fine food and wine. I also learned to appreciate the hard work and effective communication the front of the house and back had to put into an event to provide an amazing experience for the guests.
The management of Accolades have been there for many years and my coworkers were enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part but also an enjoyable challenge of the job was time management in set up however we never failed to be ready for service.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with the guests and being able to help make their experience an enjoyable one so they would want to return to our establishment and experience it all again.
Pros
the salary
Cons
it was only on call part time

Other Thompson Rivers University Employee Reviews

Lots to learn
Computer Science Support Lab Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 February 2018
Lots to learn and pply in classes as assignments and projects

Also, got a chance to help students and explain to them various concepts and approaches to handling problems in computer science
Great workplace
Editor, Development Support (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 January 2018
A typical day was spent at a computer without much team collaboration which can be an isolating work environment. But many events are celebrated for the staff and on-campus events for students are a fun way to experience the bigger university culture. Pay is good as is the opportunity for advancement and pursuing higher education.
Pros
Campus events
Cons
Boring work