Thompson Rivers University Employee Review

View all Thompson Rivers University reviews

Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 January 2014
Accolades Dining Room is a fine dining experience that serves 5 course meals and also has an excellent wine menu to accompany meals.
The culinary department also caters banquet events for large amounts of guests. They are either plate service of 3 - 5 course meals or buffet style.
At TRU's culinary department I have expanded my knowledge of fine food and wine. I also learned to appreciate the hard work and effective communication the front of the house and back had to put into an event to provide an amazing experience for the guests.
The management of Accolades have been there for many years and my coworkers were enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part but also an enjoyable challenge of the job was time management in set up however we never failed to be ready for service.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with the guests and being able to help make their experience an enjoyable one so they would want to return to our establishment and experience it all again.
Pros
the salary
Cons
it was only on call part time

Other Thompson Rivers University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working and living evrinoment.
Student (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC23 October 2017
Adapting to life in Canada was made much easier by being on campus at Thompson Rivers University. A typical day is eventful and at times long but manageable with a great work ethic and a positive mind-set. Most enjoyable part is no day is like the other being a student so it's always eventful. The hardest part initially was creating that balance between the time for serious work and the time to get to studying.
Pros
Free Food on Tuesdays
Cons
Long days of classes
Good experience
Work-Study Student (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 May 2017
The wages are nothing to boast about, but the opportunity to work with the wonderful faculty in TRUs philosophy department was priceless. TRU has wonderful staff and faculty who take a genuine interest in their students.