Thompson Rivers University

Thompson Rivers University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hands on research experience in the forensic psychology realm
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 17, 2014
Worked side-by-side with two experienced psychologists conducting research around the province of British Columbia.
excellent
Marketing Project (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 29, 2014
this is my school where i studied. and have lots of international student. this give u knowlege of human behaviour and their religions from different countries.
Responsible for organizing and supervising the events and activities for domestic, aboriginal and international students in Thompson Rivers University
Activity Supervisor (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 7, 2014
• Supervise the events such as snowboarding, skiing, Halloween parties, hockey games, wine tours, white water rafting, etc. for up to 200 students.
• Take pictures or videos and follow up the events on Facebook page and other media tools.
• Provide a leadership role and first aid on the events.
Great Professors
Work Study for Geography Department (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 28, 2014
The professors were great and there was always something new to be done. I loved the flexible hours and how it worked well around my school schedule.
interesting and student engaging
TEAM PROJECT (Former Employee), kamloopsFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: bbq lunch
Cons: long days
Thompson rivers university is an interesting fun and engaging institute to be as a student.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: the salary
Cons: it was only on call part time
Accolades Dining Room is a fine dining experience that serves 5 course meals and also has an excellent wine menu to accompany meals.
The culinary department also caters banquet events for large amounts of guests. They are either plate service of 3 - 5 course meals or buffet style.
At TRU's culinary department I have expanded my knowledge of fine food – more... and wine. I also learned to appreciate the hard work and effective communication the front of the house and back had to put into an event to provide an amazing experience for the guests.
The management of Accolades have been there for many years and my coworkers were enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part but also an enjoyable challenge of the job was time management in set up however we never failed to be ready for service.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with the guests and being able to help make their experience an enjoyable one so they would want to return to our establishment and experience it all again. – less
Nice place to work
Teaching Assistant to SoBE (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: long hours
Everybody here is very helpful. everybody is very friendly and everybody has good work ethics
Flex work time, Communication with student.
TA of the Economic Department (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 5, 2013
It is fun to be a tutor in school. I can talk with many students helping them identify and solve their questions. They come from different countries. It is always interesting to know the culture of a foreign country. To be an assistant for an instructor, I would like to finish my work before the died line.
Good university with excellent facilities for studying
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: little competition and thus too much job security
Friendly atmosphere with opportunity to learn from senior management. I had a lot of room for creativity in my job functions.
benefits were good but that was about it
former employee (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 2, 2013
Cons: long hours, no loyalty
Your life will be TRU and nothing else. If not a union employee they dont really care about you, will wear you out
It is flexible and I can scheduled the time for my shifts as my demand
Math Tutor (Teaching Assistant) (Current Employee), Kamloops BCDecember 17, 2012
Pros: lots of free candy
The job is generally easy, I simply explain materials to students who do not understand the subjects in lectures. I learn to teach better each day and the supervisors are very nice to me. The hardest part of the job would be try to explain subject that I do not know such as business math. My most enjoyable part of the job is making people to pass that – more... is one great accomplishment. – less
campus
Volunteer (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCDecember 5, 2012
Excellent communication skills, positive attitude
Perfect construction
work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCDecember 5, 2012
• Excellent communication skills, positive attitudes
• Maintain the appearance of the working place making sure it is clean at all times
• Responsible to prepare all food needed.
• Serve, take and prepare customer orders with accuracy.