The Payroll Specialist at Thomas Health Care will primarily be responsible for executing, on a timely and accurate basis, the bi-weekly payroll for over 200 employees. Included within the payroll duties is the responsibility to ensure compliance with all government filing requirements. In addition, the position will be responsible for administering the employee benefit program.
The right person for this role will be one who embodies the attributes necessary to help Thomas Health Care maintain its tradition of excellence.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Process full-cycle payroll in a unionized environment adhering to four (4) different collective agreements
- Refine payroll policies and procedures to ensure efficiency throughout the process
- Provide guidance and support to department managers
- Handle employee queries in a timely and professional manner
- Produce, review and submit ROEs
- Create and maintain accurate employee files
- Ensure that all government remittances and other payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare, balance and remit WSIB payments, pension contributions and union dues
- Perform year end balancing and reporting
- Administer employee benefit plans
- Maintain the confidentiality of payroll information
- Involvement in upcoming payroll system upgrade
- Other duties as required
Skills & Abilities:
- High degree of accuracy and professionalism is required
- Comfort with working under pressure to meet the department’s deadlines
- Ability to think logically from a process and systems perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see other perspectives
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues
- Comfort in dealing with different personalities
- Knowledge of information systems development and implementation.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate to advanced Excel and computer skills
- High School Graduate or equivalent. College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- CPM Certification, or PCP or current enrollment in the CPM program is a requirement for this position
- 3-5 years payroll experience
- Experience/knowledge of Canada-wide payroll legislation and regulations
- Previous experience using payroll software (experience using ADP is an asset)
- Basic knowledge of Accounting
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Thomas Health Care is a family owned and operated business consisting of three senior living residences in east Hamilton and Stoney Creek,...