Thomas & Betts

Thomas & Betts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
paint and prep
paint and prep (Former Employee), hackettstown njApril 7, 2014
Pros: there is nothing good to say about the place
Cons: everything
This company is the worst company i have ever worked for... the lady in HR has everyone in fear on a daily basis for there jobs.. supervisers dont stand up for the employees... just and over all bad place to work
Great Hands off managers
Systems Analyst / Programmer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Thomas & Betts. The management was the best I have worked under.
productive
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Byhalia, MSMarch 11, 2014
management is not to my liking. my job functions require me to do multipal job functions. with no increase in pay. co-workes are ok, when they are not starting gossip.
Very Productive
ESAB Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: work/life balance
Worked long hours, sometime didn't have days off. Short notice when needed for extra days to work.
hard and enjoyable
Machine Setter leading to Setter/Team Leader (Former Employee), Newtown, WLSFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: good workforce
Cons: 7 days a week
Running the shift organisng work force,setting injection molding machines.gauging measuring components to customers drawings working to maintain customer requirements,troubleshooting any faults
Welder
Welder / Solderer /Machine operator (Current Employee), Horseheads, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Set up to welder and solder parts
I learned to weld and solder
They were a good team to work with
While trying to learn to weld
After learning to the the job it was a job that I loved doing
You felt like family working here.
Planner / Buyer (Former Employee), Clinton, IANovember 9, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere with good work ethics.
Cons: plant closing
The company was a good mix of people and while working there it gave you a sense of family. There was a good mix of helping hands to work you towards advancement and once advanced to help you to excel in your position. I felt good going to work each and every day. If the plant would not have closed I would have retired from here.
loved my job
Production and Material Planner (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no cons
working long hours
all kinds of things
great
very nice
working six or seven day a wk
everything was a great place
This Job was a "high level" customer service and extremely educational
Account Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2013
Pros: full of opportunities
Cons: lacked organization
Being able to work a high level customer service job of this nature allowed me to expand, improve and utilize my existing skills. I was also given the opportunity to learn new skills and techniques in customer service such as six sigma, furthering my education and skills, very, very interesting.
was a nice place to work until they moved
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2013
Pros: nice people to work good benifits
Cons: not many
very nice company to work for. no longer in business. packed up all operations and moved out of state. I assume due to the union.
It was enjoyable when part where done according to standards.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 28, 2013
Pros: bring ones own lunch or do without.
Cons: short breaks, medical was to the fullist and complete.
A days work started at 06:00 until 14:30 or with overtime also.
How to work with others in a non military manner.
They could receive more involvement with employees to find
about their lifestyle and their dos and don'ts.
Job knowledge and they complained about everything that
wasn't correct to their standards.
Understanding the companies standards and – more... policy with their work ethics.
Actually doing the job you was hired to do. – less
good production work environment
Senior Welder (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCJune 2, 2013
Pros: good pay and work hours
Cons: short breaks
good co-workers pretty good management. work was not too strenuous but it got pretty hot in the summer. air conditioning and ventilation was poor. we would freeze in the winter. The old saying goes "The heat is in the tools".
All-around hard-working job
2nd Shift Back-Up Team Leader (Former Employee), Portland, TNApril 17, 2013
Pros: hard decent work and advancement options.
Cons: very hot at times and work can pressure you.
Depending on what division you are in you may have to work really hard that day. You get placed at a specific station and are expected to collect the parts...bag them...water them...seal them...and place them in the appropriate containers while keeping up with the speed of the machine that is pressing out parts. Management is great. They don't just – more... let anybody become a manager, and they are trained from lower positions so they know what it's like starting out hard. There is a very diverse amount of co-workers at T&B. The hardest part of the job is all the learning curves. Every press machine is different and runs on different speeds depending on the machine operator for that day. Time flies by like crazy because you are so caught up with the actual work that you don't have time to worry about the clock. – less
hell on wheels
Supervisor (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 11, 2013
Pros: some good managers
Cons: age
more expectations then a person can handle management
does not treat their supervisors with respect
Productive and Good Worker
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Ormond Beach, FLApril 6, 2013
Like work hard into any environment
Performs several tasks at same time as a dayly routine
safety is the first priority to start any job in any place or environment duties.
Bad News
Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: get paid weekly
Cons: bad management
Not a Very reliable work place, company was bought out and employees were down sized and let go. Management walked out with out any explanation, HR, and Plant MGR, employees who were close to retirement decided to retire ahead of time, was not a good turn out for employees during the buy out.
Great employees
Fitter / Welder FLUX (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2013
One lead that will be a thorn. Overall great company to work for. Great benifits from what i heard. I went in through contract to hire. and they had just giving the company a pay increas. Only because tyhey had to do to everyone leaving for low saleries and they didnt understand why, which lets you know how they work.
Only had experience with one location, but dissapointing
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Osawatomie, KSOctober 30, 2012
My first full time position was as an industrial electrician with this corporation. I enjoyed what I did daily on the job, but I feel that the corporation did not care about it's employees, just the bottom line. I know they have to turn a profit, but the way they did it was immoral.
Stepping Back
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 27, 2012
Pros: employee relations, facilitated training, opportunity for growth, work/life balance
Cons: once i came on board plant mngr left and hrm is leaving.
I stepped back from the "top dog" position to find a better balance of work/life. I have a great boss and peers that work as a team to achieve this. I admire that TnB continues to put forth the time with on-going training such as LEIN, ergonomics, OSHA, A3 in order for me to gain perspective with manufacturing. Some opportunities lie with communication – more... to all employees on a 24/7 facility with 400 employees. – less
Laughing and Smiling Faces
Administrative Assistant (Temp Job) (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALAugust 30, 2012
Pros: 1 hr lunchs
Cons: unsure of employment securety
Everyone was really nice, fun to be around. A normal day at work I would enter type sheets from the day before and make changes if needed. Answer phones, file paper work, get weld test ready, anything thats asked of me.

About Thomas & Betts

Thomas & Betts (T&B) bets on its good connections. The company provides electrical connectors, HVAC equipment, and transmission – Read more