Thinkpath Engineering Services (Ontario) Inc. (TESO) provides a variety of engineering services including design engineering, technical publications and professional placement services.
Our customer is a leader in the design and manufacture of detection systems.
They are seeking an experienced Pro/E Designer for a 5 month contract to work within the Engineering Product Design group in support of the customer’s products. This position is located in Waterloo, Ontario.
Description of Duties
- Work both independently and collaboratively within an integrated product team led by a Senior Product Designer.
- Create part and assembly models as well as mechanical and electro-mechanical engineering drawings (i.e., design layouts, detail & assembly drawings, electrical cable drawings and schematics) and related documentation, using basic theoretical and practical knowledge of engineering concepts, broad knowledge of Engineering materials, mechanical and electronic systems and their components to transform Engineering concepts or general objectives into practical applications
- Prepare engineering designs and create documentation using PTC CREO and Windchill in conformance with appropriate customer, commercial and/or military specifications.
- Prepare bills of material, specifications, procedures and related engineering change orders.
- Perform tolerance stack-up analyses for mechanical designs considering both geometric tolerances (GD&T) and tolerances of size.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers mostly within but also outside the organization on design related matters, expressing thoughts, conclusions and recommendations clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Assist in checking work of others for quality and correctness.
Education / Experiences Required / Sought
- Three year College Diploma in Engineering Technology ( Mechanical Design and/or Technical Drafting/CAD) or higher
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the design of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical components and assemblies and in the preparation of engineering drawings using PTC CREO and PTC Windchill.
- Experience in the aerospace/defense industry is a strong asset
- Familiarity with, and experience in the use of, design standards and manufacturing processes typical of the aerospace/defense industry including MIL, ANSI, ASME, SAE and other industry standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in the practice of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the preparation of Tolerance Stack-Up Analyses considering both geometric tolerances (GD&T) and tolerances of size.
Attributes / Skills Required / Sought
- Must be eligible for ITAR clearance.
- Proven ability to achieve positive results with internal & external customers, suppliers and peer-level colleagues through tact, persuasion and negotiation skills
- The candidate is expected to exercise initiative and the highest level of integrity in his/her work
Indeed - 18 months ago