Thinkpath Engineering Services (Ontario) Inc. (TESO) provides a variety of engineering services including design engineering, technical publications and professional placement services.
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to fill a contract-to-hire opportunity with a client located in Peterborough, ON
Job Duties (Mechanical Design Engineer – Laboratory Automation):
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles, focusing on laboratory automation devices.
Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to support staff.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Biomedical or related field.
Experience designing/building automation systems
Experience with 3-D modeling and CAD drawing packages
Experience with Laboratory Automation
Experience in Medical Industry
Experience with FDA approval process
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard