Thinkpath Engineering Services Ontario, Inc. (TESO) provides a variety of engineering services including design engineering, technical publications and professional placement services.
Our customer is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer.
- Develop D/A, Theme and Budget request documentation as applicable
- Manage equipment development projects to meet Business plan and new model targets
- Develop and update schedules to track project status
- Manage project budgets
- Ensure equipment installations comply all safety standards and PHSR requirements
- Complete reports documenting root cause and perform c/m’s for equipment downtime.
- Develop and implement equipment improvements to improve equipment efficiency, reliability and recovery simplification
- Countermeasure completion & follow-up tracking (PDCA Cycle)
- Supervise and coordinate contractors during equipment modifications and installations.
- Create/modify electrical schematics using AutoCAD.
- Develop and confirm equipment spec.’s for new equipment installs
- Identify and implement countermeasures for equipment cycle time problems.
- Electrical Engineering or technologist degree or equivalent training and experience
- Industrial experience in related field (Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics)
- Automation equipment experience (HMI, PLC, Robot, Safety PLC's, Variable Frequency Drives, Servo Drives and Controllers, Conveyor Systems, Safety Scanners and Hardwire troubleshooting experience)
- Demonstrated ability to improve equipment function/efficiency and c/m deficiencies
- Willing to travel as per job requirements
- Willing to work overtime as per job requirements
- Willing to work scheduled shutdowns and weekends as required
- Willing to change shifts to investigate model specific issues
- Willing to modify work hours for weekend work when required.
- Knowledge Of SCADA systems / setup
- Strong analytical and reporting skills (Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Project leader and management experience
- Ability to analyze equipment downtime, determine root cause & recommend countermeasures
- Machine safe guarding standards knowledge
- Mitsubishi PLCs, Safety PLC systems (Mitsubishi, Siemens, Jokab, Pilz)
- Hands on approach to working on and troubleshooting equipment processes and modifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong independent and self starter skills
- Robots and robot teaching, Vision systems
Thinkpath Engineering Services Ontario, Inc. (TESO) provides a variety of engineering services including design engineering, technical...