We are currently recruiting for a CAD Operator to immediately fill a contract position with one of our successful automotive manufacturing clients in the Cambridge, Ontario area.
The CAD Operator duties will include:
- Support the department in CAD related activities
- Process and equipment layout creation and maintenance
- CAD data management of vehicle part data for model changes
- CAD data management of equipment and process for model changes
- Support and conduct investigations of vehicle structure and equipment
- Formulate and report out on activities
- Schedule management
- Technical drawing and drafting standards. Minimum 2-years experience
- Strong CAD skills and CAD program knowledge in AutoCAD V5. Minimum 2-years experience
- AutoCAD knowledge base in Referencing, Layers, Model and Layout Space
- CATIA knowledge base in the following areas/workbenches: Part Installation/ Traces/ Clearance Measurement, Part design/ modeling/ drawing, and ergonomic evaluations, layout management
- CAD data file management concepts
- CAD data translation knowledge
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge a MUST
- 2+ Years working at a Manufacturing Plant
- 2 + Years working at an Automotive Manufacturing Plant
Education Level: 2-3 Years Tech School
Travel: < 80%
This position has full benefits available. Salary is dependent upon experience.
Thinkpath Engineering Services, LLC (TES) is a leader in providing customized engineering and design services across North America. In addition to full-service engineering and design, we also specialize in CAD services, on-site placement and support, technical publications, training/e-learning, power/air pollution control and material handling systems. With roots back to 1977, TES is headquartered in Dayton, Ohio with offices in Toronto, Indiana, Florida and New Jersey.