We are currently recruiting for a mechanical designer who has experience designing lighting fixtures to work at our client’s location in the Kitchener/Waterloo area of Ontario.
This is a permanent full time opportunity with benefits and pension plan.
- Design and development of new products and product extensions from conceptual design through prototyping and tooling specification with responsibility to ensure that technical performance, cost, manufacturability and time targets are met
- Review and redesign of existing products and processes to increase customer value and also increase manufacturability and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Design of sheet metal, extrusion, casting
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience with MRP/ERP
- Problem solving, decision making
- Job task planning and organizing, multitasking
- Continuous learning & professional development
- Lighting/optics experience an asset
- Custom job/shop experience an asset
Project and Personnel Management Skills:
- Multidisciplinary projects coordination
- Preparing/evaluating technical proposals
- Technical writing and reporting
- Interaction with technical and non technical personnel.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CAD software and 3D modeling (SolidWorks, SolidEdge, AutoCAD)
Thinkpath Engineering Services, LLC. (TES) is a leader in providing customized engineering and design services across North America. In addition to full-service engineering and design, we also specialize in CAD services, on-site placement and support, technical publications, training/e-learning, power/air pollution control and material handling systems. With roots back to 1977, TES is headquartered in Dayton, Ohio with offices in Toronto, Indiana, Florida and New Jersey.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Thinkpath Engineering Services Ontario, Inc. (TESO) provides a variety of engineering services including design engineering, technical...