SR. INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER - TORONTO
We're changing the way that people buy cloud services in Canada. Why? To help CTO's accelerate IT, improve disaster recovery, and avoid the legal and performance issues of relying on US-based cloud companies. Based in downtown Toronto and with operations across Canada, we provide a secure, fast, and scalable way to host enterprise applications, big data, and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
Think On Inc. is forming a local infrastructure and operations team to build the underlying physical architecture for our Virtual Data Centre offerings. This exciting and brand new endeavor in the realm of Virtual Data Centre technology has its roots in traditional network, systems and datacenter design and operations. The ability to span the gap between the physical disciplines and the virtual delivery is paramount.
Our mantra of “keep it simple” underlines all we do in delivering our solutions to our customers and initially to how we build it.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals that will use their understanding of craftsmanship and best practices to build robust, maintainable, redundant infrastructure. As a cloud provider, nothing is set in stone; we want to continually evolve our platform and the way we work by learning from what we've done and taking those lessons forward.
From front to back, we're looking for talented people who understand:
- Carrier and data center grade networking infrastructure
- IP Networking, routing, and switching
- VMWare, KVM, HyperV Virtualization platform
- Cisco and Juniper network platforms and operating systems
- Open source and Linux operating systems,
- Firewalling and networking
We want team members who live and breathe:
- Operations centric design and build
- A high level of scripted automations
- Maintaining a “thin” hardware / network layer
- High capacity, always on infrastructure
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking and subnetting
- Juniper / Cisco witching and routing experience
- Knowledge of VPN technologies - IPSEC, OpenVPN
- Knowledge of firewalls, Load balancing technologies (software) and perimeter security concepts (e.g. IDS, IPS, DDoS protection, etc.)
- Experience with blade server networking
- Strong Experience with VMware vCenter, ESX, as well as KVM and Hyper-V virtualization technologies
- Strong Experience with Linux experience (all distributions, focus on CentOS / RHEL)
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Experience in creating templates / images / virtual appliances (Windows and Linux)
- Experience with operating system scripting (BASH / PowerShell)
- Experience with ZFS and NFS – Nexenta, Illumos, Solaris, FreeBSD
- Experience with FreeBSD / OpenBSD / Linux security platform (e.g. pf, ipTables, CARP)
- Experience with open source DNS, DHCP and NTP services.
- Experience creating virtual machine templates (e.g. Windows, Linux)
- Working knowledge of iSCSI storage. Hitachi HUS experiences a plus.
- Working knowledge of object storage (e.g. SWIFT, S3, etc.)
Nice to have skills
- Experience with Chef or Puppet automation / provisioning frameworks
- Experience with Open Source monitoring frameworks such as Nagios, Zabbix, OpenNMS, Ganglia
- Maintain a high work ethic
- Able to think out the box and to be innovate and resourceful
- Ability to quickly learn new hardware, operations and administration techniques
- Ability to effectively document (procedures, technical drawings, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize work
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Solution design experience
- Have the ability to discern key aspects of a problem and address them at an early state by determining the best resolution
- Must be able to occasionally commute between ThinkOn’s data centers / office locations within the GTA.
Visit http://www.thinkon.com for more information.
Applicants must be authorized for work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.