We are representing our client to search for a Operation Manager with 7 to 10 years of direct management experience within a Union environment. Our client is one of the leading logistic/transportation companies in the world that offers great career advancement opportunities with great benefits and perks.
The incumbent is expected to manage a group of Operations Supervisors while ensuring all metrics and KPIS are meet while holding up the companies values and respecting the hard work of individuals in the warehouse.
- Provide leadership to manage and coach the supervisors and warehouse staff to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the warehouse
- Develop and implement weekly schedules and assignments in accordance with KPI’s
- Make recommendations to improve the operations of the warehouse
- Interact with other managers to achieve goals and KPI’s
- Manage the Warehouse Management System
- Management of the supervision, coaching and disciplining of employees
- Communicate daily with internal customers by providing updates that can impact steakholders
- Ensure that all records and reports on functional area activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained
- Develop and optimize standard operating procedures and KPIs
- Responsible for warehouse accident, incident investigation and reporting including working with HR/WCB
- Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed including leading health & safety initiatives by working closely with WCB and Ops supervisors
- 5 or more years of senior management experience leading a large warehouse operations in an unionized environment is mandatory
- Proven ability to lead a team of direct reports of supervisors/leads are a must
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is must
- Strong organizational and analytically skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Post secondary education completion in Business, Logistics, Operations Management is definitively a big plus
- Team player that values others and who thrives in a fast paced, high intensity, dynamic environment.
- Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills using different methodological is desired
- Microsoft Windows / Office experience is an asset
A comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental, MSP, life, AD&D, vacation and sick leave, pension, matching RRSP and tuition reimbursement will be offer to the right candidate.