Things Remembered

Things Remembered Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a typical day at work
Salesman Things remembered/Keyman engravables (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Attended to customers, filling out work orders, checking and organizing inventory, opening and closing store and other duties as assigned
Engraver
Engraver (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 21, 2012
I would come in and make sure that all the engravings where done that need to be done.
I would then catch everyone up on orders and work the engraver all day along with organize the engravings that are done.
I would then close the store at the end of the day and go home.
Detailed & Fun Enviormeant
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 21, 2014
Pros: talking to customers
Cons: standing
At Things Remembered Its A Fast Pasted Opportunity, You Get To Do A lot Of One on One With Customers Which Can Be Rewarding When They See The Final Order.
productive but laid back
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: discounts, great co-workers and easy sales
Cons: eventually you have to go home.
I loved working here, it was only seasonal but I would have gladly stayed if offered. You stay busy and occasionally get that one rude customer, but the ladies here were so friendly and fun to work with that I never had a bad day at work.
It is okay has a side job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newark, CAApril 19, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this has a career. Management pay is not well, management still struggles to pay their own bills. Being able to impact the customers life is great, but the pay is not worth the work.
Great job if you value customer service above all
Customer Service (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAApril 18, 2014
Pros: cusomer service
Cons: holiday rush
I learned to engrave, work independently, how to close the books at end of sales day, and work without manager present in store.
Challenging and creative
Sales Associate/Engraver (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedules, overall friendly environment
Cons: not much space, not always organized, irving mall isn't always the greatest
A typical day at work was normally pretty busy with a regular flow of customers. Each day consisted a balance of intake of orders, production of engraved merchandise, and meeting deadlines. The manager is a good manager that takes care of and respects the associates. The number of people that you work with aren't very many but that provides the opportunity – more... to get to know them better. The most difficult part of the job was working with upset or hard to please customers. This was often time consuming but normally turned out successfully. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with someone on coming up with the perfect gift, engraving it, and seeing how excited they got at the finished product. – less
Highs and lows in hours
Sales Associate/ Production (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 9, 2014
When its a busy time of year like Christmas there are plenty of hours and work for everyone. However there are times when hours are limited because business slows down.
Great learning experience
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
Customer Service
Engraving
Bank deposits
Open new Rewards Club accounts
it was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palmdale, CaApril 5, 2014
lots of learning, fun to help everyone around. you also have to remember the pricing and be considerate of customers feelings and conserns.
unreliable
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), North Jackson, OHApril 2, 2014
Only worked here seasonally. Job security not that great. People were friendly.
Unstable hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 31, 2014
I was not able to provide for my family while working here. I needed something more stable and paid more.
No Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2014
The employees are fun to work with, but the only downfall is you get no hours once the store is fully staffed with managers.
Not a good place to work...RUN.
Store Managet (Current Employee), ConnecticutMarch 13, 2014
Pros: you can meet great customers..they appreciate the engraving
Cons: no way to go to the bathroom., cant eat, need the district manger to like you in order to get ahead...pay not competitive.
I have worked there for years.. I had a great DM. For the past almost 5 yrs we got a DM. That if she dont like you she will fire you..if you complain for her. She will find petty stuff to fire you..Most of the managers in her district are scared because they saw one of the best managers got terminated for nothing..etc floorset not a 100%.. no store – more... in our district is ever a 100%. The DM and her manager are good friends so no one will r ell him nothing..the HR department dont follow up on nothing so it make no sense saying anything..this ex manager was the only woman of color manager in our district..I dont know day to day if I have a job.. when she comes to my store the first thing in my head did she come ro fire me to.. so if you can work somewhere else go...retail is retail. But if you have a family not the right place..in college till you get your degree yes... – less
review
Sales associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxMarch 7, 2014
Cons: never was informed about sales
the management was initially very strong and reliable but after a few weeks that changed and the concept of team work was gone
A great place to work if you thrive on a fast paced and high pressure environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 28, 2014
Things Remembered is a great company to work for if you thrive on a fast paced and high pressure work environment. As a sales associate you are scheduled 3-10 hours a week, even during holidays, and as management you could work up to 60 hours a week. You must be open to constant coaching because coaching and expanding your skills are part of Things – more... Remembered's culture.

I have met great people working at this company and gained lots of great experience. I have developed a more disciplined management and general work method. – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new peopl, management, great employees
I loved working at Things Remember, management was awesome the employees was great, and you meet so many different people. what I enjoyed about Things Remember was helping the customers make their gifts personal and the excitement they would get knowing that the gift they purchased had a personal touch to it.
productive work place with great team members
Sales Associate/ Key holder (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2014
you really get to know your customers at things remembered, i learned how to work the engraving machiene and how to close a store and be able to work alone and handle situations without having to call a manager. My co-workers are amazing as well as management it feels like where a little family.
Hands on and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 15, 2014
Felt really rewarding to be able to help costumers. Co workers were really nice and easy going.
customer focused
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 14, 2014
Thing's remembered was very customer focused and was well organized. The atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable

1 2 3 4 5

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more