Things Engraved Inc Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 January 2018
I love my job at Things Engraved, would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for work or even just starting their first job. It's a great team based and positive attitude platform
Fun company with great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2018
I worked part-time for Things Engraved for about 8 months during my post-secondary schooling. I worked at three locations across London, ON, along with working a second job. The store managers were very accommodating to my busy schedule and understanding of working limitations. I even met the district manager on many occasions and had built a great professional relationship with him.
The job itself is very fun and easy to learn! I love the creativity and autonomy given to employees and have always regarded this as one of my favourite jobs!
Engraving, Assitant Sales Audit (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 January 2018
Love the people, love the work. Good hours - 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday. Fair compensation. Love assisting in creating lasting memories for people.
Wonderful place to work
Central Fulfillment Engraver (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 December 2017
I love creating memories for people. It speaks to the sentimental part of me. Love my coworkers as well. Honestly one of the best places I've ever worked.
amazing learning atmosphere
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2017
loved working here! great learning experience and they teach you everything they need to know. managers work with you and they hire from within so if you need the push its there
Low-pay, sales driven and unpredictable
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2017
Worked for the company for many years, and there was no advancement in position or wage. Hours given are based on what management doesn't want to take. Bullying tactics were used to get sales and management was irresponsible and ignored complaints. As long as they were making money, it didn't matter who they stepped on.
Pros
Fun to engrave and work with customers
Cons
Management, pay, hours
Far too stressful and demeaning for the pay
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 October 2017
Corporate and management don't care about you as a salesperson, they'll just squeeze what they can out of you until the moment you quit. And boy, does everyone quit. Not many people work here for long. The company is very outdated and cheap, despite how fun the IDEA of the kind of work is. Please don't work here, else you'll be rewarded with trauma and severe depression.
Pros
Creatiivity, in theory
Cons
Bad management, extremely long hours and demanding work for a minuscule staff, poor merchandise
Fun place to work, not sufficent hours
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Typical day consists of placing work orders, taking in and putting away stock. Engraving our product as well as carry in merchandise.
Management is disorganized
Pros
Artistic
Cons
not enough hours
Highly unorganized company with unprofessional management
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
I worked for this company for a few days after which I resigned. The store is extremely unorganized and dirty. The management is unprofessional and is constantly complaining about their job. It was a miserable atmosphere. The manager provided no training yet was constantly yelling in front of customers and belittling staff when asked a question. This company is broken all the way to top management so don't waste your time for minimum wage here.
Cons
Unprofessional management, dirty and unorganized store, no training provided
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2017
Loved engraving and that side of the job! My co workers were great! Hours were hard to get. Pay was minimum wage. Targets to get bonuses were unrealistic.
Pros
Great managers, engraving is fun
Cons
Little hours, minimum wage, little opportunity for advancement, unrealistic targets
neat skill to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 June 2017
I enjoyed my time here, learned many new things, the manager was amazing but was offered an opportunity that i could not pass up that had caused me to leave.
Always hiring for a reason
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 June 2017
Would change your shifts the day of the shift. Coworkers/Management constantly steal sales and it is a sales based position. Was constantly talked down to.
Easy
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
It is easy, typical retail work. Management can be quite lax, but occasionally it is good. If you work hard, you can get in the good books easily but not necessarily advance.
Chill environment with Flexible Hours
PART TIME EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2017
Things Engraved is a simple place to work but the kiosk is incredibly open to the rest of the mall and the hours are so flexible that they may not have enough for you.
Pros
Very chill environment and the staff's pretty cool
Cons
You could get fired pretty easily if there aren't enough hours
Fun and Friendly Workplace
Sales Associate/Engraver (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 February 2017
Things Engraved is a very hands on specialty store. I learned how to engrave metal, glass and plastic, how to prepare promotions and to set up corresponding displays, key cutting, how to give recommendations of engraving.
The workplace culture is great and so is the staff, from all different stores. We have a lot of friendly competition which helps with keeping you motivated to meet your standards.
The hardest part of the job for me has been learning how to be more creative and giving suggestions based on a persons need of the product.
The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a special gift for all kinds of different people whether it be for a birthday, a graduation, a significant other or an anniversary/wedding. It feels great to see how happy people are when they see the finished product.
Pros
Discounted products/services, friendly competition, flexible hours, great management and staff
Cons
Attention to detail and creativity a must, minimum wage
Great company horrible pay.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
I love working at Things Engraved, the job is fun, the staff and management are very nice. The only thing that is wrong is the pay. Very low pay and no chance for a raise.
Pros
Wonderfull staff and learn things new everyday!
Cons
No chance for raise.
Productive and busy workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 January 2017
Things engraved was my first job I started while I was in high school. I worked for them for 17 years. I enjoyed my time with them, just needed and wanted a change.
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 January 2017
Fun workplace, fun employees. I did not have any problem with them what so ever, other than the pay. no one can live off of $10 an hour
Good place, but very boring
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2016
Awesome place to work in general. Loved my coworker. Hours were good and management was wonderful and competent, Closing was always a breeze and helping customers was always fun.
Welcoming
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 November 2016
The environment is very welcoming and management is supportive of transition and continual success. Communication follows an open door policy and the company is a team that works together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Things Engraved Inc. Our community is ready to answer.