THING5

THING5 Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hotel reservations at it's core
Specialized Services Elite Agent (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: very late shifts at times
Your shift varies on a number of things, mostly due to rankings. The more calls efficiently you handle, the better the hours, and shifts you will receive.
Productive and fun environment
Team Lead (Current Employee), Oromocto New BrunswikcAugust 11, 2014
As a Team Lead a typical day involves reviewing my teams performance on multiple metrics. Regular team coaching and review to improve performance and productivity.
I have learned the importance of time management and prioritizing my require duties for the day.
The people I work with are great, they are what makes the role of team lead so enjoyable.
Underappreciated
General Reservations Agent (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBAugust 1, 2014
Cons: unheated lunch room in the winter. no visual coverage. bad medical plan.
Management does not care about their employees. There's no job security. They're not handicap accessible. They don't pay for breaks or if you need to use the washroom. There's no transportation available after 10pm. There's no room for growth. You can be scheduled until 3am one day and start at 3pm the next day and end up with an 8am start time a couple days after then back to nights. You can end up with 10ds in a row with 1 day off. They will not take into account any problems (health/ transportation) that you might ne having. Management will not listen to any suggestions.
fun work environment but horrible hours and pay
csr (Former Employee), monctonJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free coffee, friendly environment, does not require french, free parking
Cons: bad hours, bad pay, repetitive call after call, management there very inexperienced
Poorly compensated with next to no performance bonuses ect. and very minimal raises if "promoted". Breaks (including coffee breaks ARE NOT PAID but fully mandatory. Shifts are at least 8.5 hours long and vary too much (literally can be working until 3am and then shechuled to come back in at 3pm the same day - sometimes scheduled for 7-10 days in a row - no consistency to shifts or even days off and they are not willing to fix this).

Training is ok but limited - job differs greatly from day time (which is what they train you for) to overnight (where you get scheduled the most).

Nice work environment - small call center, stores/fast food (subway McD's pita pit) within walking distance
Micromanaged and underappreciated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oromocto, NBMay 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers were great friends
Cons: some of the new team leads were unprofessional and unapproachable
The call centre did not treat its employees with respect. Some team leaders were very unprofessional. A typical day at work was to take inbound calls from potential guests and inform them about local attractions, what the hotel offered and of course to close the deal. My co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was telling a potential guest that there were rooms available since our system said there were but the hotel had not updated their information - we were instructed to go with what our system dictated. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a connection with the guest.
Like the idea
travel counselor (Current Employee), saint john, nbJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: inbound mostly friendly customers
Cons: work/life balance, hours
I actually like what this job is all about, however, Havent been there too long and already notice that the work/life balance is really off. The hours are horrible if you have children, work every holiday even christmas and if you take time for a doc appointment or sick they hold it against you no matter what. I guess it is a call center and call centers are about the bottom line. not terrible but nothing special
Inbound Contact Center
Virtual Agent Services (Current Employee), Plaster Rock, NBJune 10, 2013
I am a TeamLead at our Inbound Contact Center and have been for over 2 years. I enjoy being apart of the Management team and supporting my agents daily. Providing guidance and coaching to obtain the desired results/goals of the client is my main role, which I enjoy. Teamwork and Teambuilding are also essential responsibilities in my role which I enjoy. These would be the areas I find challenging: dealing with scheduling conflicts, and morale issues; however I have learned how to deal with most situations through my manager's feedback/coaching.

About THING5

Thing5 is a provider of next generation voice solutions that include out-bound and in-bound calling, hosted voicemail, hosted – Read more