Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful environment with mandatory overtime
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Newington NHApril 2, 2014
Pros: some free lunches
Cons: bad work enviroment and building layout after production moving out
Typical day - Start at 6:30 AM with one break in morning, lunch and a break in the afternoon.
Learned about temperature control equipment, and how to built, test, troubleshoot products. Then learned how test these products for CE mark, UL, and CSA.
Management – Closed production down in Newington and moved to Ashville NC. Bad move, lost lots of customers – more... and it’s hard to recover from that.
Co-workers – most are very professional and knowable in their field. Although, there are a few rotten apples in the bunch.
Hardest part of job – Keeping the lab approved to ISO 17025 standards for UL and CSA to doing product safety testing
Most enjoyable part of job – Testing product to ensure they were safe and reliable for our customers. – less
Productive,fast pace
Site specialist/Team lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 1, 2014
Manage inventory Help train new employees.
Help to make work schedules.
Make sure that are customers get what they need in a timely manner.
Managed work flow to exceed quality service goals.
Maintained up-to-date knowledge of product and service changes.
Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned a reputation for exceeding service standard
goals.
Updated – more... customer orders from start to finish in an accurate and timely manner.
Trained staff on operating procedures and company services.
Adhered to all confidentiality requirements at all times.
Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in an empathetic manner.
Met all customer call guidelines including service levels, handle time and productivity.
Promptly responded to inquiries and requests from prospective customers.
Assumed ownership over team productivity and managed work flow to meet or exceed quality service
goals
Identified individual development needs with appropriate training.
Resolved associate, tool and service delivery issues revealed by statistical reports.
Updated customer orders from start to finish in an accurate and timely manner – less
India Delhi
Marketing Executive (Former Employee), INDIA DelhiMarch 28, 2014
Good Diagnostics MNC company , Good Diagnostics products , reliable test
Another day in paradise.
Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 28, 2014
Tme to move out, after years of politics. Thanks for all the golden years.
Exciting Histology and Pathology product lines with excellent customer base
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 28, 2014
Traveling all over the state to customer sites showing how our products are superior to our competitors. Finding a customers needs or concerns and working to fill them or corrects them.

My co-workers are amazing and talented. The hardest part of the job is learning to balance work and home. I always want to be there for my customers.

The best part – more... is the travel and the open ended earning potential. – less
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Fairport, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: consistent pay
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Typically you work your shifts depending what shift that you're scheduled and it may change depending on what machine you're on. Most of the co-workers are willing to help. However if you decide that you don't like to do the same thing over perhaps this isn't the right job you'd like. Also there are mandatory weekends and if you want a Saturday or Sunday – more... off you need to use one of your vacation days. – less
Don't apply here
Collections/Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2014
Untrustworthy. Not concerned with employees at all. Acquired our company and then broke it down and sold the parts.
Difficult Work Life Balance
Associate Director (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great it systems and challenging work
Cons: shifting priorities, difficult to get ahead, especially for women
Great people to work with, very challenging work, just way too much of it. As much as you would give, management was always asking for more. There were too many priorities and they were always changing. Difficult to get anything done when you can't stay the course.
Unique industry
Director of Finance and Strategy (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 23, 2014
ThermoFisher is a company that operates in a unique industry.
Fun workplace
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2014
My colleagues and Manager are very helpful and patient in learning new things.
Fast Paced Customer Care Center
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Grand Island, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free winterfest, company contributions to health savings acct; incentives for healthy lifestyles
Cons: micromanaging, monthly report cards
A typical work day includes customer contact via telephones, email and fax. The customer base is government, universities, municipalities, etc.Co-workers are fun to work with, however the environment can be intimidating. Monthly report cards on employee performance are compiled and reviewed.
great place to work. no longer in business
Acute Account Executive (Former Employee), FLMarch 17, 2014
company was bought out

Great friends, long hours, stressful but good times
Consistent throughout company-"Right Hand has no Idea what Left Hand Doing"
Distribution (Former Employee), CDC LenexaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: to many hours walking on concrete, no chance to hire, must be a robot
Company growing and buying more companies faster than they are able to keep up with. In distribution,using up temp workers like they are worthless. Company likes to show complete distinction in temp workers and full time. Hiring full time is far and few between. Working people 7am to 7pm 4, 5 days and Sundays. No concern for well being, no place to – more... move up or over to, no life, no benefits. Upper management out of touch, unrealistic and has no clue what goes on and takes place in order to fullfill, they are greedy, and all management looks to blame other areas rather than stepping back, reevaluating, finding out opinions of staff and what kind of talent may already be working . They want ROBOTS not people!!! Terrible place to work if longivity is what you looking for. Need lots of hours for a regular check and can walk miles and miles on concrete day in and day out, till you are ready to drop and start again in a few hours? Then this is place for you. Best of Luck – less
N/A
PPI Process Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2014
As a publically traded company, Thermo has a tendency to be too focused on meeting revenue objectives only. This single-minded mentality can take its toll on employee and customer satisfaction.
Interview Process
Warehouse (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: unprofessional
Expect you to be on time, and if you're not on time for the interview because you were lost they don't care. Called the interviewer several times that I am lost, but she never picked up. Finally 3hrs later when I reached there, she said all the interviews are over, even though I said I was lost, she told the security to tell me to leave. The next day, – more... I emailed her, and told me yes I got your messages but when you called I wasn't in the office, and now all the positions have been filled (even though the website said the position is still open).

Applied 2 weeks later through another email address, next day got called in for an interview. Till this day even as a courtesy no rejection email. – less
Management was Pushing less home life so people where jumping ship
Global Product Manager (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 5, 2014
Management was Pushing less home life so people where jumping ship. After all this the VP & GM of our BU was let go by Corp. but this was to little to late.
It's a Job
Production (Current Employee), Marietta, OHMarch 4, 2014
If you are just getting out of high school and you want a temporary place to work until college, this is the place for you. That is, a temporary job. The annual raises suck, the bonuses suck. There are way too many higher-ups compared to workers. (too many chiefs). Don't ever go out of your way to help out the company because the favor will NEVER be – more... returned. I started here 7 years ago and this company was very different. Moral of employees is very low. I could go on and on. Don't work here – less
Collaborative work environment
[Life Technologies] - Contract Associate Scientist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 1, 2014
-Intuitive management styles.
-Teams are accommodating and task driven.
Enjoyed Thermo-Fisher. Lots of long known friends here.
Associate (Former Employee), Weaverville, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good hours, good friends, good atmosphere
Cons: no cons
I would still be at Thermo-Fisher except was caught in a down-sizing. Great place to work. Good hours and close to my home.
Excellent work environmnet, great learning experience, low pay
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work enviernment
Cons: low wages
I work in the R&D department and the work environment is amazing. Incredibly flexible schedule and fantastic co-workers. The work is fun and days go by fast.

I am only considering this a stepping stone company because the pay rate is so low I consider my salary an insult to my level of education and experience. Raises are so low they are more insulting – more... than the low salary.

All in all, I love working here, I would love to stay here my entire career if the pay were better. – less

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos