Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team environment at our Sun Prairie Site
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 18, 2014
I have gained much valuable experience in purchasing, sourcing and negotiation at my job over the years. I feel fortunate to be able to work with a great team of co-workers and truly enjoy working with other departments and divisions. I take pride in my job and enjoy being able to find the best cost saving measures without comprimising the quality and – more... needs of the company. – less
Decent place to work, but without friends in management positions there is no chance at advancement
Documentation Engineer (Current Employee), Marietta, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a decent place to work. They have a decent benefits package (although it has decreased over the last 4 years), the pay is decent, but they use the facilities in low income areas as a way to decrease their base pay and wages. It's a decent/steady job (my father has worked here for over 35 years) but too much work-place politics. – more... The lower level employees are great co-workers and fantastic ordinary people. – less
good company to work for
MANAGER (Current Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 9, 2014
Great company atmosphere, and team spirit. Very busy day to day activities, very lean organization with many people extremely busy. Meeting oriented atmosphere, face to face is the best way to accomplish cross functional goals. Recently administered spans and layers to the organizational structure that limits ability to progress.
Relaxed atmosphere with driven and friendly people.
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Bellefonte, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good working environment
I learned many different uses for CAD software including creating drawings of parts, computational fluid dynamics analysis (CFD), assembly creation, and other uses for the Solid Works program.
Good steady job
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Steady job but not much room to move up in company. I worked in the field and did not spend much time in the home office. Therefore, there was not alot of room to move up in this company.
I am looking for a new venture and opportunity that fits my skill sets and can allow me to grow with the right team
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Newington, NHJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: customer focused
Cons: needs structure to succeed don't like chaos
My typical day on the job is to insure the flow of products is delivered and processed so they can be evaluated for repair my interaction with the end user is to relay the quote and repair information so they can make a decision on weather they want to repair the product. I as well perform customer service calls parts and technical,advise . Onsite support – more... and new business development . I am a team player and am looking forward to a new venture. I enjoy the outdoors and family time with my children and grand kids , – less
productive comany
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2014
its a good friendly environment. learn lot of new things.We set goals together. the co workers are very good and supportive. love working with them.
Very interesting high tech company that manufactured laser based handheld instruments used in pharma, military and homeland security applications.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAJanuary 17, 2014
I worked reception and was admin. assistant to the office manager. We started out with 50 employees and grew to several hundred before we were bought out by Thermo Fisher Scientific. I learned how to handle any type of phone call and requiring quick response and problem solving skills to make sure a customer was routed to the proper sales person or – more... manager to make sure their needs were immediately taken care of. – less
Not your typical diagnostic company
Sales (Current Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 8, 2014
Interesting place to work. Dynamics geared towards physician selling.
Great people to work with very professional
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great folks, workers and customers were very professional
Cons: i was downsized, corporation changed ownership several times
I enjoyed working at Thermo Fisher everyone was easy to get along with and we had a very good working environment.
Healthy Work Environment with a fine balance between work ethic, and family life.
Clinical Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2013
Pros: ability to help others
Cons: the contant changes in the healthcare industry
Typical day at work would be networking with doctors and promoting the products.

Learned that all sales jobs are relationship based, and Doctors want to do business with people with knowledge and personal skills

Co-Workers are team orientated and would be willing to help each other out in a moments notice

Hardest part of the job is continued education. – more... With a constant changing environment in the medical industry, Education is a long term process.

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in the quality of patients lives – less
Not much room to move up...or anywhere
Temp (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 9, 2013
Pros: easy mindless work
Cons: no structure, no advancement, no learning
Large company with little to no room for internal growth and advancement. This giant company give little attention to people's skills or talents and makes no effort to improve the work skills of their employees beyond what they are already capable of. Poor company structure and organization.
Productive with lots of work to be done.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 7, 2013
Morning stand-up meetings often leading them yourself. On to putting together my optic assemblies. The management wanted everything staged as a process. A lot of time was wasted and really slowed things down. We got some free lunches because of it.
nice people but lack of management
Systems Admin (Former Employee), Vernon HillsDecember 6, 2013
Pros: people are nice
Cons: micromanaged and no management direction
typical day is being told what to do by project leader and not my boss.
Management has no clue what employees are doing. Only if there was an issue did management care,
Most coworkers were nice but some were so bad I had to leave
Hardest part of job was convincing myself to go to it everyday.
Noone trusts anyone else.
enjoyable part of job was some – more... people and quitting time. – less
Daily Challenges
Cabinet Builder/ Cabinet Trimmer/Finisher (Former Employee), Two Rivers, WINovember 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, great benifits
Cons: closed doors
Enjoyed my job with Thermo-Fisher until their move to Mexico ended it. I loved that I was always problem solving and every job was different that the next.
Demanding and sometimes rewarding position
Assembly / Test Technician (Current Employee), Scotts Valley, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: allows for creativity
Cons: pay, stability
I am the only technician that has been cross trained in every department at this facility. I will help out in any area that is currently needing more assistance. I also will train new and existing employs in new processes. Another part i play is in equipment development and Preventative maintenance. I enjoy working on equipment and developing new ideas – more... to interface into existing products, along with designing new products.
The hardest part of my job is not having engineering support. – less
Great team but could be ran so much better.
Bio Process Container Technician (Current Employee), cramlingtonNovember 14, 2013
enjoyed my time here but advancement is virtually zero in my department. gained levey 3 inspection experience.
Great company, needs better leadership
Senior Application Scientist (Current Employee), Franklin, MANovember 13, 2013
Great company, needs better leadership
Does not pay as well as pharma
Needs to have leaders with scientific backgrounds
Overall good experience
Advanced Coatings/Microarray Sales Manager (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good visibility
Cons: too many cooks in the kitchen; indecisive on direction
Flip Flop on strategic direction; not a lot of resources to enable success.
Manufactures products used for medical testing
Senior Manufacturing technician (Former Employee), Middletown, VANovember 12, 2013
Management is almost non-existent and the operators are usually the ones who are responsible for resolving issues. Management is consistently finding other responsibilities for the operators to perform daily that takes them away from the production lines. There are so many procedures, and the procedures are so disorganized that the operators are nearly – more... setup to failure. – less

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Whether¬†for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to¬†assist mankind. – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos