Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Difficult Work Life Balance
Associate Director (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great it systems and challenging work
Cons: shifting priorities, difficult to get ahead, especially for women
Great people to work with, very challenging work, just way too much of it. As much as you would give, management was always asking for more. There were too many priorities and they were always changing. Difficult to get anything done when you can't stay the course.
Unique industry
Director of Finance and Strategy (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 23, 2014
ThermoFisher is a company that operates in a unique industry.
Fun workplace
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2014
My colleagues and Manager are very helpful and patient in learning new things.
Fast Paced Customer Care Center
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Grand Island, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free winterfest, company contributions to health savings acct; incentives for healthy lifestyles
Cons: micromanaging, monthly report cards
A typical work day includes customer contact via telephones, email and fax. The customer base is government, universities, municipalities, etc.Co-workers are fun to work with, however the environment can be intimidating. Monthly report cards on employee performance are compiled and reviewed.
great place to work. no longer in business
Acute Account Executive (Former Employee), FLMarch 17, 2014
company was bought out

Great friends, long hours, stressful but good times
Consistent throughout company-"Right Hand has no Idea what Left Hand Doing"
Distribution (Former Employee), CDC LenexaMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: to many hours walking on concrete, no chance to hire, must be a robot
Company growing and buying more companies faster than they are able to keep up with. In distribution,using up temp workers like they are worthless. Company likes to show complete distinction in temp workers and full time. Hiring full time is far and few between. Working people 7am to 7pm 4, 5 days and Sundays. No concern for well being, no place to – more... move up or over to, no life, no benefits. Upper management out of touch, unrealistic and has no clue what goes on and takes place in order to fullfill, they are greedy, and all management looks to blame other areas rather than stepping back, reevaluating, finding out opinions of staff and what kind of talent may already be working . They want ROBOTS not people!!! Terrible place to work if longivity is what you looking for. Need lots of hours for a regular check and can walk miles and miles on concrete day in and day out, till you are ready to drop and start again in a few hours? Then this is place for you. Best of Luck – less
N/A
PPI Process Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2014
As a publically traded company, Thermo has a tendency to be too focused on meeting revenue objectives only. This single-minded mentality can take its toll on employee and customer satisfaction.
Interview Process
Warehouse (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: unprofessional
Expect you to be on time, and if you're not on time for the interview because you were lost they don't care. Called the interviewer several times that I am lost, but she never picked up. Finally 3hrs later when I reached there, she said all the interviews are over, even though I said I was lost, she told the security to tell me to leave. The next day, – more... I emailed her, and told me yes I got your messages but when you called I wasn't in the office, and now all the positions have been filled (even though the website said the position is still open).

Applied 2 weeks later through another email address, next day got called in for an interview. Till this day even as a courtesy no rejection email. – less
Management was Pushing less home life so people where jumping ship
Global Product Manager (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 5, 2014
Management was Pushing less home life so people where jumping ship. After all this the VP & GM of our BU was let go by Corp. but this was to little to late.
It's a Job
Production (Current Employee), Marietta, OHMarch 4, 2014
If you are just getting out of high school and you want a temporary place to work until college, this is the place for you. That is, a temporary job. The annual raises suck, the bonuses suck. There are way too many higher-ups compared to workers. (too many chiefs). Don't ever go out of your way to help out the company because the favor will NEVER be – more... returned. I started here 7 years ago and this company was very different. Moral of employees is very low. I could go on and on. Don't work here – less
Collaborative work environment
[Life Technologies] - Contract Associate Scientist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 1, 2014
-Intuitive management styles.
-Teams are accommodating and task driven.
Enjoyed Thermo-Fisher. Lots of long known friends here.
Associate (Former Employee), Weaverville, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good hours, good friends, good atmosphere
Cons: no cons
I would still be at Thermo-Fisher except was caught in a down-sizing. Great place to work. Good hours and close to my home.
Excellent work environmnet, great learning experience, low pay
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work enviernment
Cons: low wages
I work in the R&D department and the work environment is amazing. Incredibly flexible schedule and fantastic co-workers. The work is fun and days go by fast.

I am only considering this a stepping stone company because the pay rate is so low I consider my salary an insult to my level of education and experience. Raises are so low they are more insulting – more... than the low salary.

All in all, I love working here, I would love to stay here my entire career if the pay were better. – less
productive with a bright success horizon
Molding supervisor (Current Employee), santa clara,ca(silicon valley)February 27, 2014
manufacturing environment has a lot of sudden issues who you as a person in charge should take care of them Fast,Effective with low cost solutions.
my co-workers are hard workers,great personality,motive and with respectful behavior.
the hardest part is the moment that any machine goes down and there are a lot of costumer orders and the machine must – more... go back to the line as fast as possible.
the most enjoyable part is the moment that the product which took a lot of time to produce is coming out perfect! – less
SAP MM/SRM Functional consultant
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), CapGemini India Pvt LtdFebruary 24, 2014
I have 15 yrs + total experiance 7yrs SAP MM/SRM.Currently working as s Senior Consultant in Cap Gemini India Pvt Ltd. working as a MM/SRM consultant.I used to work in IBM and Accenture aswell.I have Valid B1 VISA.I been to USA twice and Germany,Denmark and South Africa as well.
Good work group, felt like family. Everyone worked there for years together.
Maintenance Tech Lead (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WiFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: small plant but good perks, lunches, picnics and holiday parties.
Cons: we were a small plant and the home plant would forget about us from time to time.
Maintained equipment, worked with outside vendors and organize PMs and daily activities of other Maintenance employees. Worked with engineers to develop new equipment for production.
Great team environment at our Sun Prairie Site
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 18, 2014
I have gained much valuable experience in purchasing, sourcing and negotiation at my job over the years. I feel fortunate to be able to work with a great team of co-workers and truly enjoy working with other departments and divisions. I take pride in my job and enjoy being able to find the best cost saving measures without comprimising the quality and – more... needs of the company. – less
Decent place to work, but without friends in management positions there is no chance at advancement
Documentation Engineer (Current Employee), Marietta, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a decent place to work. They have a decent benefits package (although it has decreased over the last 4 years), the pay is decent, but they use the facilities in low income areas as a way to decrease their base pay and wages. It's a decent/steady job (my father has worked here for over 35 years) but too much work-place politics. – more... The lower level employees are great co-workers and fantastic ordinary people. – less
good company to work for
MANAGER (Current Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 9, 2014
Great company atmosphere, and team spirit. Very busy day to day activities, very lean organization with many people extremely busy. Meeting oriented atmosphere, face to face is the best way to accomplish cross functional goals. Recently administered spans and layers to the organizational structure that limits ability to progress.
Relaxed atmosphere with driven and friendly people.
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Bellefonte, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good working environment
I learned many different uses for CAD software including creating drawings of parts, computational fluid dynamics analysis (CFD), assembly creation, and other uses for the Solid Works program.

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos