Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed Thermo-Fisher. Lots of long known friends here.
Associate (Former Employee), Weaverville, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good hours, good friends, good atmosphere
Cons: no cons
I would still be at Thermo-Fisher except was caught in a down-sizing. Great place to work. Good hours and close to my home.
Excellent work environmnet, great learning experience, low pay
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: work enviernment
Cons: low wages
I work in the R&D department and the work environment is amazing. Incredibly flexible schedule and fantastic co-workers. The work is fun and days go by fast.

I am only considering this a stepping stone company because the pay rate is so low I consider my salary an insult to my level of education and experience. Raises are so low they are more insulting – more... than the low salary.

All in all, I love working here, I would love to stay here my entire career if the pay were better. – less
productive with a bright success horizon
Molding supervisor (Current Employee), santa clara,ca(silicon valley)February 27, 2014
manufacturing environment has a lot of sudden issues who you as a person in charge should take care of them Fast,Effective with low cost solutions.
my co-workers are hard workers,great personality,motive and with respectful behavior.
the hardest part is the moment that any machine goes down and there are a lot of costumer orders and the machine must – more... go back to the line as fast as possible.
the most enjoyable part is the moment that the product which took a lot of time to produce is coming out perfect! – less
SAP MM/SRM Functional consultant
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), CapGemini India Pvt LtdFebruary 24, 2014
I have 15 yrs + total experiance 7yrs SAP MM/SRM.Currently working as s Senior Consultant in Cap Gemini India Pvt Ltd. working as a MM/SRM consultant.I used to work in IBM and Accenture aswell.I have Valid B1 VISA.I been to USA twice and Germany,Denmark and South Africa as well.
Good work group, felt like family. Everyone worked there for years together.
Maintenance Tech Lead (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WiFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: small plant but good perks, lunches, picnics and holiday parties.
Cons: we were a small plant and the home plant would forget about us from time to time.
Maintained equipment, worked with outside vendors and organize PMs and daily activities of other Maintenance employees. Worked with engineers to develop new equipment for production.
Great team environment at our Sun Prairie Site
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 18, 2014
I have gained much valuable experience in purchasing, sourcing and negotiation at my job over the years. I feel fortunate to be able to work with a great team of co-workers and truly enjoy working with other departments and divisions. I take pride in my job and enjoy being able to find the best cost saving measures without comprimising the quality and – more... needs of the company. – less
Decent place to work, but without friends in management positions there is no chance at advancement
Documentation Engineer (Current Employee), Marietta, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a decent place to work. They have a decent benefits package (although it has decreased over the last 4 years), the pay is decent, but they use the facilities in low income areas as a way to decrease their base pay and wages. It's a decent/steady job (my father has worked here for over 35 years) but too much work-place politics. – more... The lower level employees are great co-workers and fantastic ordinary people. – less
good company to work for
MANAGER (Current Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 9, 2014
Great company atmosphere, and team spirit. Very busy day to day activities, very lean organization with many people extremely busy. Meeting oriented atmosphere, face to face is the best way to accomplish cross functional goals. Recently administered spans and layers to the organizational structure that limits ability to progress.
Relaxed atmosphere with driven and friendly people.
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Bellefonte, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good working environment
I learned many different uses for CAD software including creating drawings of parts, computational fluid dynamics analysis (CFD), assembly creation, and other uses for the Solid Works program.
Good steady job
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Steady job but not much room to move up in company. I worked in the field and did not spend much time in the home office. Therefore, there was not alot of room to move up in this company.
I am looking for a new venture and opportunity that fits my skill sets and can allow me to grow with the right team
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Newington, NHJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: customer focused
Cons: needs structure to succeed don't like chaos
My typical day on the job is to insure the flow of products is delivered and processed so they can be evaluated for repair my interaction with the end user is to relay the quote and repair information so they can make a decision on weather they want to repair the product. I as well perform customer service calls parts and technical,advise . Onsite support – more... and new business development . I am a team player and am looking forward to a new venture. I enjoy the outdoors and family time with my children and grand kids , – less
productive comany
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2014
its a good friendly environment. learn lot of new things.We set goals together. the co workers are very good and supportive. love working with them.
Very interesting high tech company that manufactured laser based handheld instruments used in pharma, military and homeland security applications.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAJanuary 17, 2014
I worked reception and was admin. assistant to the office manager. We started out with 50 employees and grew to several hundred before we were bought out by Thermo Fisher Scientific. I learned how to handle any type of phone call and requiring quick response and problem solving skills to make sure a customer was routed to the proper sales person or – more... manager to make sure their needs were immediately taken care of. – less
Not your typical diagnostic company
Sales (Current Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 8, 2014
Interesting place to work. Dynamics geared towards physician selling.
Great people to work with very professional
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great folks, workers and customers were very professional
Cons: i was downsized, corporation changed ownership several times
I enjoyed working at Thermo Fisher everyone was easy to get along with and we had a very good working environment.
Healthy Work Environment with a fine balance between work ethic, and family life.
Clinical Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2013
Pros: ability to help others
Cons: the contant changes in the healthcare industry
Typical day at work would be networking with doctors and promoting the products.

Learned that all sales jobs are relationship based, and Doctors want to do business with people with knowledge and personal skills

Co-Workers are team orientated and would be willing to help each other out in a moments notice

Hardest part of the job is continued education. – more... With a constant changing environment in the medical industry, Education is a long term process.

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in the quality of patients lives – less
Not much room to move up...or anywhere
Temp (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 9, 2013
Pros: easy mindless work
Cons: no structure, no advancement, no learning
Large company with little to no room for internal growth and advancement. This giant company give little attention to people's skills or talents and makes no effort to improve the work skills of their employees beyond what they are already capable of. Poor company structure and organization.
Productive with lots of work to be done.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 7, 2013
Morning stand-up meetings often leading them yourself. On to putting together my optic assemblies. The management wanted everything staged as a process. A lot of time was wasted and really slowed things down. We got some free lunches because of it.
nice people but lack of management
Systems Admin (Former Employee), Vernon HillsDecember 6, 2013
Pros: people are nice
Cons: micromanaged and no management direction
typical day is being told what to do by project leader and not my boss.
Management has no clue what employees are doing. Only if there was an issue did management care,
Most coworkers were nice but some were so bad I had to leave
Hardest part of job was convincing myself to go to it everyday.
Noone trusts anyone else.
enjoyable part of job was some – more... people and quitting time. – less
Daily Challenges
Cabinet Builder/ Cabinet Trimmer/Finisher (Former Employee), Two Rivers, WINovember 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, great benifits
Cons: closed doors
Enjoyed my job with Thermo-Fisher until their move to Mexico ended it. I loved that I was always problem solving and every job was different that the next.

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos