Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with very professional
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great folks, workers and customers were very professional
Cons: i was downsized, corporation changed ownership several times
I enjoyed working at Thermo Fisher everyone was easy to get along with and we had a very good working environment.
Healthy Work Environment with a fine balance between work ethic, and family life.
Clinical Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2013
Pros: ability to help others
Cons: the contant changes in the healthcare industry
Typical day at work would be networking with doctors and promoting the products.

Learned that all sales jobs are relationship based, and Doctors want to do business with people with knowledge and personal skills

Co-Workers are team orientated and would be willing to help each other out in a moments notice

Hardest part of the job is continued education. – more... With a constant changing environment in the medical industry, Education is a long term process.

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in the quality of patients lives – less
Not much room to move up...or anywhere
Temp (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 9, 2013
Pros: easy mindless work
Cons: no structure, no advancement, no learning
Large company with little to no room for internal growth and advancement. This giant company give little attention to people's skills or talents and makes no effort to improve the work skills of their employees beyond what they are already capable of. Poor company structure and organization.
Productive with lots of work to be done.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 7, 2013
Morning stand-up meetings often leading them yourself. On to putting together my optic assemblies. The management wanted everything staged as a process. A lot of time was wasted and really slowed things down. We got some free lunches because of it.
nice people but lack of management
Systems Admin (Former Employee), Vernon HillsDecember 6, 2013
Pros: people are nice
Cons: micromanaged and no management direction
typical day is being told what to do by project leader and not my boss.
Management has no clue what employees are doing. Only if there was an issue did management care,
Most coworkers were nice but some were so bad I had to leave
Hardest part of job was convincing myself to go to it everyday.
Noone trusts anyone else.
enjoyable part of job was some – more... people and quitting time. – less
Daily Challenges
Cabinet Builder/ Cabinet Trimmer/Finisher (Former Employee), Two Rivers, WINovember 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, great benifits
Cons: closed doors
Enjoyed my job with Thermo-Fisher until their move to Mexico ended it. I loved that I was always problem solving and every job was different that the next.
Demanding and sometimes rewarding position
Assembly / Test Technician (Current Employee), Scotts Valley, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: allows for creativity
Cons: pay, stability
I am the only technician that has been cross trained in every department at this facility. I will help out in any area that is currently needing more assistance. I also will train new and existing employs in new processes. Another part i play is in equipment development and Preventative maintenance. I enjoy working on equipment and developing new ideas – more... to interface into existing products, along with designing new products.
The hardest part of my job is not having engineering support. – less
Great team but could be ran so much better.
Bio Process Container Technician (Current Employee), cramlingtonNovember 14, 2013
enjoyed my time here but advancement is virtually zero in my department. gained levey 3 inspection experience.
Great company, needs better leadership
Senior Application Scientist (Current Employee), Franklin, MANovember 13, 2013
Great company, needs better leadership
Does not pay as well as pharma
Needs to have leaders with scientific backgrounds
Overall good experience
Advanced Coatings/Microarray Sales Manager (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good visibility
Cons: too many cooks in the kitchen; indecisive on direction
Flip Flop on strategic direction; not a lot of resources to enable success.
Manufactures products used for medical testing
Senior Manufacturing technician (Former Employee), Middletown, VANovember 12, 2013
Management is almost non-existent and the operators are usually the ones who are responsible for resolving issues. Management is consistently finding other responsibilities for the operators to perform daily that takes them away from the production lines. There are so many procedures, and the procedures are so disorganized that the operators are nearly – more... setup to failure. – less
A Great Place to Gain Knowledge and Experience
Controller (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 10, 2013
The typical work day consisted of a morning briefing with staff about long term goals broken down into daily objectives and deadlines to work toward our ultimate success at the end of every fiscal quarter.

This was followed by "rate of progression" meeting after lunch to touch base with all staff to find weak points in strategy and develop new ideas – more... to combat any faltering in the progress toward completion.

At the end of the day, a debriefing meeting of the workday and objectives reached would be conducted to develop an outline of the plans for the following morning wherein we strategize a solid structure and foundation.

I was the head of a team of accountants who were extremely talented making sure all data and documents were delivered to my office on time for me to review and double check as well as organize notes for meetings to streamline our workflow for maximum efficiency.

I would report weekly to the Vice President with all graphs and data collected and organized for presentation and discuss the goals for the quarter, develop strategies to achieve them, and pitch new ideas when progress was below satisfactory by company standards.

From this job I have learned that careful and meticulous planning is just as important as thinking on your feet and knowing when to improvise ideas to achieve the common goal of the company. – less
Great Place to Work
Senior Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2013
Pros: neutral work environment, great location, beautiful office, cafe, great people to work with
Cons: some people lack accountability and the ability to follow through, which makes parts of my job very difficult, contractors tend to contract for long periods of time, very financially conservative company
I genuinely look forward to coming to work every day. Thermo has provided me with the opportunities to put my knowledge to use and to learn new skills that make me more marketable in the workplace.
Company champion and customer advocate
Account Manager/ Product Specialist (Former Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 31, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was reconciling customer needs with company capabilites, while at the same time reaching win/win solutions for all.
Spent too much time away from home
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2013
Pros: overall a great company to work for.
Cons: spent a lot of time on the road
Overall a great company to work for.
Great Training
Field experience a plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 26, 2013
A great company to work for, I learned how to work from home and how to travel internationally.
Great job for students
Liquid Media Production Technician (Former Employee), Logan, UTOctober 24, 2013
People are great to work with. Tuition is paid, but very little chance for advancement. Too much management
great benefit
Account Payable Specialist & Tax Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 17, 2013
Cons: no opportunity for growth
I love working at this company with its technologies. Great management and great benefit
productive only if you have a strong Line Manager & a fun place to work in
Business Development Manager - SAARC (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 13, 2013
Pros: good work environment, friendly people
Cons: management is always behind your back for sales numbers
My tenure has been really good here, made some real good friends, professional & hence your energies also get charged & enhanced. Traveled a lot & there by giving an insight of other people working environment. Challenging but again demanding so one can shape its career well.
productive
Packer (Former Employee), loughboroughOctober 12, 2013
workers were friendly and helpful, hardest part was meeting tight deadlines most enjoyable was meeting the tight deadlines

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Whether¬†for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to¬†assist mankind. – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos