Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed this job
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJMay 13, 2014
Pros: good health insurance, company parties
Cons: filing
I enjoyed most of the job and the coworkers.

The day varied depending on the workload.

Filing was the hardest part of the job.
very laid back job
Site Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 13, 2014
This is a very laid back job.The site specialist position is an unsupervised position.
It is a nice internship experience with the company.
Intern (Current Employee), WoodlandsMay 12, 2014
The culture here is very good. All the staff here are friendly and willing to offer help to the students.
Conduct an asset management program at numerous accounts and upsell the program
Account Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility in scheduling meetings and site visits
Day to day operations were a combination of project management and sales duties.
Great Experience
Chemical Mixing/Machine Operator (Former Employee), chelmsford maMay 7, 2014
Learned alot of new skills working here. Good people. Learned alot about handling chemicals.
Good Experience
Inventory Planner (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2014
Pros: good learning experience
Very good experience. Learned a lot within supply chain. Smart and friendly co-workers. Very data-oriented, tech-savvy team.
Typical Factory
Finish Lab Technician (Former Employee), Two Rivers, WIApril 24, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, friends
Cons: hours, language used, management
I will admit I made some good friends while I was working at Thermo. Overall though I was not happy with my job. A lot of the time certain people were lazy and just did not feel like they had to do more than what they already did. People always complained about the job they had to do. When I went to work, I went to do my job. I did the best that I could – more... do.
I also had a good relationship with our supplier. In this position I had to make sure that all the stains and varnishes were kept in supply. When something went wrong with the varnish, I was able to explain it to the supplier so we could work on it together and solve the issue together. – less
Interesting place to work
Assembly Line / Machine Operator (Former Employee), lenexa kansasApril 22, 2014
laid back but slow pace environment other than that its cool
good job
sales (Former Employee), huntsville, alApril 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: doesn't hire from within
low compensation; do not replace employees when someone leaves just redistributes work
Large Company. Fair Compensation
Sr. Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 17, 2014
It's a large company so there are a lot of opportunities, but it also means you have to really make your work stand out above others to get noticed. Fair compensation and benefits.
My Work Experience in Thermo Fisher
Inspector de Control de Calidad (Former Employee), Carolina, PRApril 10, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: little organization, unlikely to progress
Arriving at the always punctual at 5:30 company, I took a coffee with fellow ls production area and other areas. After preparing my station according to the electrodes assigned to me for analysis. These tests were performed as physical chemical tests to determine the success of those that meet the quality requirements.
The hardest part of the job is – more... that there is a working strategy and little organization.
the best part was the work schedule, and that the work was easy and general terms. – less
RADIATION DETECTION TECHNOLOGY
Attorney/ Contracts Manager (Former Employee), Oakwood Village, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: highly skilled team to work with daily
Cons: congress did not certify the program
The program was of great interest as it was to develop the best portals for detecting harmful radiation in cars, boats, trucks, ships and containers.

Typical day was to work with the engineering team to develop the technology while adhering to the specifications of Homeland Security and contractual obligations.

The deployment of the built portals – more... to the ports and borders was the biggest challenge from country to country and state to state. – less
Sr Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: great work culture
Cons: mandatory use of vacation days
The work culture at Thermo Fisher Scientific (formerly Life Technologies) is top of the line. While daily work activity is fast paced and requires a high level of attention to details, teamwork, and goal driven, the payoff is the satisfaction that we are making the world a healthier and cleaner place to live. Meetings are focused and productive. There – more... is a high level of peer respect I have not observed in past employment. The employees of Thermo Fisher are engaged with the communities we live and work in and regularly participate as mentors in local schools. – less
Stressful environment with mandatory overtime
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Newington NHApril 2, 2014
Pros: some free lunches
Cons: bad work enviroment and building layout after production moving out
Typical day - Start at 6:30 AM with one break in morning, lunch and a break in the afternoon.
Learned about temperature control equipment, and how to built, test, troubleshoot products. Then learned how test these products for CE mark, UL, and CSA.
Management – Closed production down in Newington and moved to Ashville NC. Bad move, lost lots of customers – more... and it’s hard to recover from that.
Co-workers – most are very professional and knowable in their field. Although, there are a few rotten apples in the bunch.
Hardest part of job – Keeping the lab approved to ISO 17025 standards for UL and CSA to doing product safety testing
Most enjoyable part of job – Testing product to ensure they were safe and reliable for our customers. – less
Productive,fast pace
Site specialist/Team lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 1, 2014
Manage inventory Help train new employees.
Help to make work schedules.
Make sure that are customers get what they need in a timely manner.
Managed work flow to exceed quality service goals.
Maintained up-to-date knowledge of product and service changes.
Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned a reputation for exceeding service standard
goals.
Updated – more... customer orders from start to finish in an accurate and timely manner.
Trained staff on operating procedures and company services.
Adhered to all confidentiality requirements at all times.
Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in an empathetic manner.
Met all customer call guidelines including service levels, handle time and productivity.
Promptly responded to inquiries and requests from prospective customers.
Assumed ownership over team productivity and managed work flow to meet or exceed quality service
goals
Identified individual development needs with appropriate training.
Resolved associate, tool and service delivery issues revealed by statistical reports.
Updated customer orders from start to finish in an accurate and timely manner – less
India Delhi
Marketing Executive (Former Employee), INDIA DelhiMarch 28, 2014
Good Diagnostics MNC company , Good Diagnostics products , reliable test
Another day in paradise.
Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 28, 2014
Tme to move out, after years of politics. Thanks for all the golden years.
Exciting Histology and Pathology product lines with excellent customer base
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 28, 2014
Traveling all over the state to customer sites showing how our products are superior to our competitors. Finding a customers needs or concerns and working to fill them or corrects them.

My co-workers are amazing and talented. The hardest part of the job is learning to balance work and home. I always want to be there for my customers.

The best part – more... is the travel and the open ended earning potential. – less
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Fairport, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: consistent pay
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Typically you work your shifts depending what shift that you're scheduled and it may change depending on what machine you're on. Most of the co-workers are willing to help. However if you decide that you don't like to do the same thing over perhaps this isn't the right job you'd like. Also there are mandatory weekends and if you want a Saturday or Sunday – more... off you need to use one of your vacation days. – less
Don't apply here
Collections/Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2014
Untrustworthy. Not concerned with employees at all. Acquired our company and then broke it down and sold the parts.

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos