Thermo Fisher Scientific

• Salary/Benefits
really enjoyed working here
assembly (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 13, 2014
I worked night shift.
I learned how to build mother boards and such.
co-workers were awesome.
Overall a sound company with sound growth potential
Global Finance Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, IllinoisOctober 13, 2014
Pros: challanging environment and ability to impact results
Cons: no free lunch
A typical day is spent speaking to business leadership across the division to manage operating performance. Review various financial results to ensure proper communicaiton of activities towards goal achievement.
Excellent For Single People
Senior Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 8, 2014
Lots of travel with stressful quotas. Outstanding boss to work for. Learned alot while at this company
Workplace ethic
putaway operator (Former Employee), Nazareth PaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: lunch ins.
Cons: dont hire for temp sneaky management
Clean environment comfortable place to work and become adapted too but cant expect to be hired
Nothing fun to do other than having fun with the employees
Team Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: picnic once a year
Cons: insurance was very high
I loved my job and I loved all my employees. I was released from my duties because I missed the shipping date of a case of medication.
Before the last merge with Dionex, Thermo was top notch.
Site Coordinator, Import & Export Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CA.September 23, 2014
Pros: great benifits. competitive pay.
Cons: work load is overwhelming.
Sadly, not all mergers are beneficial to a world leader like Thermo Fisher Scientific. Perhaps in 6 months, or a year. Thermo will pull itself out of the hole that was opened with the merger of Dionex into the San Jose site.
Much work is needed to get life at Thermo back to "normal" again.
Great company to work for. Management is ok.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great and inexpensive on-site cafeteria
Cons: to much down time
Fantastic co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the down time.
I learned that although I asked for more tasks and responsibilities it was used against me. "you will be bored in the position" The most enjoyable was learning about the company. Supporting the c-levvel executives. A typical day was reviewing and updating the VP's calendar. answering incoming calls. arranging domestic and international travel for executives. Answering calls from people who spoke spanish and portugese and being able to direct them to appropriate people. Putting together quarterly reports.
Creating power point slides for meetings and conferences.Traveling to other office sites. arranging conference calls and helping out with events.
I got to interact with people from all over the world.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: we had a break room with free coffee and filtered water.
I had a great group of people to work with, both in the office and out in the field. I enjoyed the interaction with my customers. Was able to expand my skills while I worked. The company had great health insurance.
Content Architect (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria, gym and flexible work schedule (depends on department and manager)
Cons: high turnover in management
Just about everyone is professional and does their best. There are opportunities to grow within the company and for career development.
production and fun work place
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee), Suwanee, GASeptember 17, 2014
production
shipping
recieving
machine operation
computer scanners
Innovation and advancement lacking
Scientist (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: site events, free food, co-workers
Cons: detached management, pay, layoffs
In this corporate environment, it can be difficult to gain support for innovation. Management is more accepting of baby steps and yes-men/women. Career development is mostly placed on the shoulders of employees. Select few managers know how to, or attempt to, help their staff network, identify strengths, and develop career paths. Pay appears to be about 70% of market value, but Austin is a tough biotech market. For women hoping to move up the ranks into leadership roles it can be especially difficult; mgmt historically is majority male. Roles filled by internally-developed candidates favor don't-rock-the-boat style. Co-workers are hard working, especially in the context of the pay/development ceiling they face.
Great company, teamwork throughout the company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 14, 2014
Thermo Fisher is a great place to work. The employees all work together to strive for the same goal.
Employees were permitted to listen to music while they worked. Team oriented work environment.
Lead Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Florence, KYSeptember 11, 2014
High energy.
Strict attention to details.
Constant improvement of work flow and team morale.
Getting the team to come together and fulfill the daily requirements.
Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: too many to name
Very low morale and no room for growth. Management is all about self and does not recognize that life happens.
Great place to work.
Quality Control Technologist (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSSeptember 9, 2014
Great place to work. They had a lot of room to grow and learn new things.
Good Place to Work
Chemical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MASeptember 6, 2014
Thermo Fisher is a good place to work, The work environment is very good. Thermo is a world class company with 40,000 employees which makes it a bit lonely and overwhelming. People there are very smart and educated as well as capable. I felt like it was a bit large for me. Advancement and recognition come slowly and so patience is a plus. Culture is a bit cold, but the benefits are great.
Terrible management and bonus structure
CLINICAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: pay, bonus
Thermo isn't a place to work because the management will take advantage of representatives. The Regional Sales Manager in the Kansas City market took a reps new car and gave them his because he felt he needed more than the representative.
Good experience, Nice Company
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 27, 2014
Great learning experience. Warehouse manager is great. Safety Conscious environment.
Thermo Fisher
M&A Finance Integration Lead (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 26, 2014
Found there to be a general lack of leadership within this company. This is pretty standard large company, not a great place to work.
Exciting team to be part of
engineer (Current Employee), wisconsinAugust 21, 2014
We are leaders in serving science.
I have learned theory and mechanics of Spectroscopy, met engineers from all over the world and have had first hand affect on customer satisfaction.

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos