Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Changing workplace
Administrative (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: workload increased (50+ hour work week for a salary employee was the norm), compromising work ethics.
Over all I have enjoyed my time with the Company and have learned a great deal. As the company grew, the day to day tasks increased with the workforce remaining the same.
Management varies from department to department with different styles and priorities that may, at times conflict. The hardest part of the job is probably the huge variety of tasks – more... that are presented on a day-to-day basis. This makes focussing on any one task and seeing it through to conclusion very difficult. – less
The World Leader in Service Science
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Newton, NJJune 17, 2014
Overall a great company to work for with. Supportive group of coworkers who are hard working and willing to go above and beyond for the customers.
Great overall experience
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJune 11, 2014
Great global company setting pace to become the largest in its industry globally
ok place to work if your not goal orieted
Production Operator (Current Employee), Marietta, OHJune 8, 2014
Pros: after one year you recieve 3 weeks vacation
Cons: horible health insurance
start at 6 am busting your butt .I have acquired better leader ship skills. Most of our management team are really good and understanding people . As in any work place you have some great co workers and some not so good. The hardest part of the job is putting up with the high temperatures and humidity during the summer months .The fact that we are able – more... to work and talk is the best part of my job. – less
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Senior Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJune 4, 2014
High energy, high pace work environment where you'll be on your toes all eight hours of the work day. Teamwork is a must to stay ahead in this company.
Excellent Job
ISO Hazardous Chemical Lead (Current Employee), Nazareth, PAMay 30, 2014
Great job with excellent benefits. Plenty of overtime and incredible atmosphere
Review
Drug Supply Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2014
Thermo Fisher has been a great place to start my career. I have learned a significant about supply chain, as well as working in a business culture.
A place to work with some flexiblity in work hours.
Purchasing Specialist/Material Analyst (Former Employee), Two Rivers, WIMay 26, 2014
Thermo Fisher was a company that produced furniture for K-12 and universities. My job was to obtain quotes for special parts, ordering steel-tubing-hardware-fixtures and plumbing items. I also maintained minimum balances for stock parts and tried to reuse excess and obsolete parts.
I enjoyed my job very much and wish to continue doing what I liked best.
I – more... worked with a great team, with 11 fellow employees in my department. – less
great culture
A member of the upper-management (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMay 25, 2014
good place to work to learn a lot very quickly. A lot of opportunities to get involved in projects.
Fun, good place to start
Final Test Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 22, 2014
The management is fantastic, pushes forward thinking projects like 5S. There is not much room for growth.
Get what you need and get out
confidential (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMay 19, 2014
This company was actually the worse company during my 15 year career.
Very productive. Lot of standing,lifting, long work hours.
Line Technician for Medical Products (Current Employee), Middletown, VAMay 17, 2014
Pros: gain share
Cons: benefits, long hrs, standing
Working 10-12 hr days. Standing long periods of time. I learned more about quality of product out weighing the quanitity. Hardest part is working long hrs. Staying tired. Not much of social life outside of work. Enjoyable part is coworkers, gain share of company profit and pay.
I enjoyed this job
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJMay 13, 2014
Pros: good health insurance, company parties
Cons: filing
I enjoyed most of the job and the coworkers.

The day varied depending on the workload.

Filing was the hardest part of the job.
very laid back job
Site Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 13, 2014
This is a very laid back job.The site specialist position is an unsupervised position.
It is a nice internship experience with the company.
Intern (Current Employee), WoodlandsMay 12, 2014
The culture here is very good. All the staff here are friendly and willing to offer help to the students.
Conduct an asset management program at numerous accounts and upsell the program
Account Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility in scheduling meetings and site visits
Day to day operations were a combination of project management and sales duties.
Great Experience
Chemical Mixing/Machine Operator (Former Employee), chelmsford maMay 7, 2014
Learned alot of new skills working here. Good people. Learned alot about handling chemicals.
Good Experience
Inventory Planner (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2014
Pros: good learning experience
Very good experience. Learned a lot within supply chain. Smart and friendly co-workers. Very data-oriented, tech-savvy team.
Typical Factory
Finish Lab Technician (Former Employee), Two Rivers, WIApril 24, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, friends
Cons: hours, language used, management
I will admit I made some good friends while I was working at Thermo. Overall though I was not happy with my job. A lot of the time certain people were lazy and just did not feel like they had to do more than what they already did. People always complained about the job they had to do. When I went to work, I went to do my job. I did the best that I could – more... do.
I also had a good relationship with our supplier. In this position I had to make sure that all the stains and varnishes were kept in supply. When something went wrong with the varnish, I was able to explain it to the supplier so we could work on it together and solve the issue together. – less
Interesting place to work
Assembly Line / Machine Operator (Former Employee), lenexa kansasApril 22, 2014
laid back but slow pace environment other than that its cool

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos