Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Solder
Optoelectronic Assembler (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
• Assembled systems following blue print specification, and using hand and power tools
Great place to learn and fun sales meetings!
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: varied jobs - world travel
I enjoyed my time with Thermo Fisher Scientific and was able to see and do a lot of different things during my career there. I would not trade it for anything in the world!

Because of what I worked on I was able to interact with many departments such as R&D, Engineering (hardware and software), Quality Control, Field Service and Supply Chain. I believe this has helped me develop great all around skills that a new employer would find great to have.
Good Company to work for
Test Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 29, 2014
I learned so much while working for this company with great technicians and great people that had to much knowledge to share and help to work as a team.
Aggresive growth company, with a very large matrix enviroment
Director, NA Business Expansion/Service Sales (Current Employee), North AmericaNovember 27, 2014
Pros: good leadership
Cons: challenging matrix enviroment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a good company to work at, especially if you like a challenging environment. Due to constant acquisitions, participation on implementation teams is a must, and enjoyable if you are the type of person that enjoys continuous education, and thinking out of the box. Thermo Fisher has drastically improved my abilities with Intra divisional relationship skills due to the matrix environment. Thermo Fisher is also an organization that invest heavily in process improvement initiatives, so participating and leading Kaizen events has been very enjoyable.
terrible place to work for
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Grand Island New YorkNovember 21, 2014
Pros: nothing at all. i hated going in every day!!!!!!!!
Cons: no life and management was so disorganized!
worked at the grand island location in N.Y. Was terrible in every way possible. Favortism was huge in the department I was in.. It reminded me of High School all over again. Everyone thinks and acts like management but management. I wouldn't work there again even if the company offered me a salary position doing nothing all day. You had no life working there. you had to work every weekend and at least stay two hours after your shift everyday. you never knew when you were going to go home. The money was good but I would rather have my sanity!!!!!!!!
Productive.
Custodain -Maint (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 19, 2014
It's and ok to work!!!! good people to work with,job can be hard at times but its all in days work.Many different cultures of people to work with but interesting.
Inventory Management
SENIOR SITE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and working conditions
Cons: na
Fantastic place to work. Great co-workers and management team. Advancement is for who is willing to work and go the extra mile.
Scientific Instrument Company
Supply Chain Buyer (Former Employee), CambridgeNovember 16, 2014
Much learnt within the Purchasing department.

Many long-serving members of the company.

Much change happened whilst I worked at the company, including movement of offices to other countries.
Great Company
Associate Site Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 14, 2014
Cons: seems hard to move up the ladder. not much help with making this possible.
Great job. Great people to work with. Lots of involvement with numerous divisions on a daily basis along with constantly learning something new.
Thermo Fisher
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2014
Thermo Fisher is a good company to work for with good benefits.
Very productive and a good place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great boss, good place to work
Cons: not fair in some cases
Handle customer phone calls, deal with customer complaints,issue return authorizations for customer to send equipment in for service. Send out quotes for services rendered,collect payment and process customer orders for invoicing. Provide backup for other administrative task if needed.
Good place to work overall
Strategic Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 9, 2014
Great technology and good group of people and managers. The work life balance is maintained and management takes care of employees.
Excellent
Controller Global Operations Finance (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: travel, learning for senoir executives
Cons: high turnover
Leading the charge to Industry Week Best Plants Winner was the best. The typical day included standard work, morning Gemba walk, Mid-morning PPI team then afternoon staff review.

I captured a lot of LEAN concepts, what works, what doesn't, the metrics that matter, "20 Keys to Workplace Improvement" and "Heart of Change".

The hardest part of the job was seeing the processes that worked get cast aside by new leadership.

The most enjoyable part was making people love their employer and pure their hearts into site success.
Networking and professional development
Research Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 29, 2014
Great launching point for the research and academic sales market because you can get a broad knowledge base of products sold into research market.

Low base salary and lots of take home work.

Relationship management required to work with all associated vendors of this distribution company.
CSR
Customer Support Representative I/II (Current Employee), Lafayette, COOctober 28, 2014
This company has been wonderful to work for. I was given a fast paced environment in an expanding and fascinating field, which resulted in great work satisfaction. The benefits are average to above average. My direct manager gave her employees freedom and guidance in a perfect balance. The overall management is focused on developing the goals of the individual to help further the goals of the company. I loved working for this company and feel very lucky to have been a part of their team
A very stressful place to work.
Associate Material Handler (Former Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 22, 2014
Cons: not fun at all
The Management team needs to step up. The way they run the place is ridiculous.
Good
OPERATOR AND PACKER (Former Employee), penfieldOctober 22, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: mandatory overtime
really good place to work good benefits friendly coworker nice and clean environment to work
good job
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), OHOctober 22, 2014
learned a lot on new equipment welded bent metal and welded for medical cabinets
Great team work to acheive the same goal.
TECHNICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), East Providence, RIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: location of business 6.0 miles from my home. very convient.
Cons: lay off was very sad.
I enjoyed working with this company. They have a great staff. Everyone I worked with we got along great. Everyone reached out to help everyone else.
Management had an open door if you needed any help, time off or just need assistance with an issue.
I learned from this group of QA folks how to manage my time more efficient.
I learned how to use different instruments for inspections. To complete my job requirements more accurately and being able to move onto other items that need attention.
A day in the office
Scientist II-Synthetic Biology (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 14, 2014
The last couple of years have been magnificent at Life Technologies. I've learnt from excellent managers and peers at this company. Now having been acquired by Thermo Fisher Scientific, the company has a chance to grow and become the guide light for genetic kits and products.

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos