Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Controller Global Operations Finance (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: travel, learning for senoir executives
Cons: high turnover
Leading the charge to Industry Week Best Plants Winner was the best. The typical day included standard work, morning Gemba walk, Mid-morning PPI team then afternoon staff review.

I captured a lot of LEAN concepts, what works, what doesn't, the metrics that matter, "20 Keys to Workplace Improvement" and "Heart of Change".

The hardest part of the job – more... was seeing the processes that worked get cast aside by new leadership.

The most enjoyable part was making people love their employer and pure their hearts into site success. – less
Networking and professional development
Research Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 29, 2014
Great launching point for the research and academic sales market because you can get a broad knowledge base of products sold into research market.

Low base salary and lots of take home work.

Relationship management required to work with all associated vendors of this distribution company.
CSR
Customer Support Representative I/II (Current Employee), Lafayette, COOctober 28, 2014
This company has been wonderful to work for. I was given a fast paced environment in an expanding and fascinating field, which resulted in great work satisfaction. The benefits are average to above average. My direct manager gave her employees freedom and guidance in a perfect balance. The overall management is focused on developing the goals of the – more... individual to help further the goals of the company. I loved working for this company and feel very lucky to have been a part of their team – less
A very stressful place to work.
Associate Material Handler (Former Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 22, 2014
Cons: not fun at all
The Management team needs to step up. The way they run the place is ridiculous.
Good
OPERATOR AND PACKER (Former Employee), penfieldOctober 22, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: mandatory overtime
really good place to work good benefits friendly coworker nice and clean environment to work
good job
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), OHOctober 22, 2014
learned a lot on new equipment welded bent metal and welded for medical cabinets
Great team work to acheive the same goal.
TECHNICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), East Providence, RIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: location of business 6.0 miles from my home. very convient.
Cons: lay off was very sad.
I enjoyed working with this company. They have a great staff. Everyone I worked with we got along great. Everyone reached out to help everyone else.
Management had an open door if you needed any help, time off or just need assistance with an issue.
I learned from this group of QA folks how to manage my time more efficient.
I learned how to use different – more... instruments for inspections. To complete my job requirements more accurately and being able to move onto other items that need attention. – less
A day in the office
Scientist II-Synthetic Biology (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 14, 2014
The last couple of years have been magnificent at Life Technologies. I've learnt from excellent managers and peers at this company. Now having been acquired by Thermo Fisher Scientific, the company has a chance to grow and become the guide light for genetic kits and products.
really enjoyed working here
assembly (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 13, 2014
I worked night shift.
I learned how to build mother boards and such.
co-workers were awesome.
Overall a sound company with sound growth potential
Global Finance Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, IllinoisOctober 13, 2014
Pros: challanging environment and ability to impact results
Cons: no free lunch
A typical day is spent speaking to business leadership across the division to manage operating performance. Review various financial results to ensure proper communicaiton of activities towards goal achievement.
Excellent For Single People
Senior Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 8, 2014
Lots of travel with stressful quotas. Outstanding boss to work for. Learned alot while at this company
Workplace ethic
putaway operator (Former Employee), Nazareth PaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: lunch ins.
Cons: dont hire for temp sneaky management
Clean environment comfortable place to work and become adapted too but cant expect to be hired
Nothing fun to do other than having fun with the employees
Team Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: picnic once a year
Cons: insurance was very high
I loved my job and I loved all my employees. I was released from my duties because I missed the shipping date of a case of medication.
Before the last merge with Dionex, Thermo was top notch.
Site Coordinator, Import & Export Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CA.September 23, 2014
Pros: great benifits. competitive pay.
Cons: work load is overwhelming.
Sadly, not all mergers are beneficial to a world leader like Thermo Fisher Scientific. Perhaps in 6 months, or a year. Thermo will pull itself out of the hole that was opened with the merger of Dionex into the San Jose site.
Much work is needed to get life at Thermo back to "normal" again.
Great company to work for. Management is ok.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great and inexpensive on-site cafeteria
Cons: to much down time
Fantastic co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the down time.
I learned that although I asked for more tasks and responsibilities it was used against me. "you will be bored in the position" The most enjoyable was learning about the company. Supporting the c-levvel executives. A typical day was reviewing and updating the VP's calendar. answering – more... incoming calls. arranging domestic and international travel for executives. Answering calls from people who spoke spanish and portugese and being able to direct them to appropriate people. Putting together quarterly reports.
Creating power point slides for meetings and conferences.Traveling to other office sites. arranging conference calls and helping out with events. – less
I got to interact with people from all over the world.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: we had a break room with free coffee and filtered water.
I had a great group of people to work with, both in the office and out in the field. I enjoyed the interaction with my customers. Was able to expand my skills while I worked. The company had great health insurance.
Content Architect (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria, gym and flexible work schedule (depends on department and manager)
Cons: high turnover in management
Just about everyone is professional and does their best. There are opportunities to grow within the company and for career development.
production and fun work place
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee), Suwanee, GASeptember 17, 2014
production
shipping
recieving
machine operation
computer scanners
Innovation and advancement lacking
Scientist (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: site events, free food, co-workers
Cons: detached management, pay, layoffs
In this corporate environment, it can be difficult to gain support for innovation. Management is more accepting of baby steps and yes-men/women. Career development is mostly placed on the shoulders of employees. Select few managers know how to, or attempt to, help their staff network, identify strengths, and develop career paths. Pay appears to be about – more... 70% of market value, but Austin is a tough biotech market. For women hoping to move up the ranks into leadership roles it can be especially difficult; mgmt historically is majority male. Roles filled by internally-developed candidates favor don't-rock-the-boat style. Co-workers are hard working, especially in the context of the pay/development ceiling they face. – less
Great company, teamwork throughout the company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 14, 2014
Thermo Fisher is a great place to work. The employees all work together to strive for the same goal.

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos