Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Daily schedule is done by CUSTOMER
Technical Support.Practicum (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Customers are the main focus...Every day has its own schedule based on customer needs
low pay for skilled job.
sales exec (Former Employee), ttawaMay 14, 2014
They dont care about the workers. Thrre just trying to increase as much as they can not caring about employees. Chea cheap company for such a nig company.
Perfect job if you have no other options....
Production Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnAugust 26, 2013
Cons: rewards never given out as promised, removal of most of the incentives to continue working there
Better than being unemployed, but sadly not by much. The pay is horrendous for anyone hourly. The bonuses promised are never received, and there is a great deal of stress put on your shoulders for very little incentives.

Raises were cut in half three years ago claiming it to be the poor economy but the past two years our sales have grown over 200%, the little guys like us see nothing of it. Each annual raise is less than half of what cost of living rises each year.

Promised hours have been cut back from 44 hours weekly to 40, when you get paid little that slight bit extra means the difference between going hungry and paying the electric bill.
Big company with amazing people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches
• Work with minimal supervision to increase and maintain sales
• Meet assigned objectives while developing working business relationships with customers and vendors and attending meetings
• Managed and exceeded budget in a $1.7M territory consisting of pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, academic and clinical accounts
• Communicate with clients via telephone, email and fax
• Organise and coordinate customer lab setup plans
• Perform sales and explain features and benefits on different instruments
• Attend multiple seminars on various lab equipments
• Apply data entry and customer information on a daily basis
• Calculate daily sales and margin on a daily basis
• Handled industrial, academic, clinical, and biotech accounts
Dynamic and Changing workplace
Vice President Commercial Operation Asia (Former Employee), Japan, China and CanadaApril 24, 2013
Pros: international experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. The company enables its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services
A really great company
Réception (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity
Cons: one specific employee
This is probably my favorite job. I came in through an employment agency and before I knew it I was asked to take the role of head receptionist (a prestigious job considering the size of this international company). Day to day was more or less the same routine but with the extra time I had I would help different departments. The staff were quite reasonable, well organized, professional, cordial and other positive descriptions. I only have positive things to say about this company.
best job i've ever had
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great life experience
Thermo fisher was one of the best jobs I've ever had. i learned so much from them about many different aspects of the medical field and the different product we made there. They really had a sense of teamwork and cooperation. I made a few life long friends there who have improved my life significantly. if they hadn't moved there location out of state id still be there to this day,
A growing company, solid, good benefits
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Mira Mesa, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: it is a company that is growing
Cons: natural "growing pains". restructuring due to mergers and aquisitions
I recommend it fully, it is seriously committed to becoming an employer of choice and have an impact in the community.
Huge efforts and investment in Human Capital to have a solid employee career advancement path.
Good solid benefits.
Operator (Former Employee), UNIT 4 SUFFOLK DRIVE, LEACON ROAD, ASHFORD KENT,January 16, 2015
IT WAS ALWAYS A BUSY DAY, BUT VERY PRODUCTIVE FOR A COMPANY. LEARNED A LOT ABOUT TEAMWORK, HOW TO WORK TOGETHER AND BUILDING A RELATION WITH WORK COLLEAGUES.
THE PEOPLE WERE VERY HELPFUL AND SUPPORTIVE.
THE HARDEST PART WAS SOMETIMES WE HAD TO RUSH IN ORDER TO PRODUCE MORE, TO HIT THE TARGET.
BUT AT LAST , IT WAS ALWAYS A WORTHWHILE TO GO HOME HAPPILY.
cool work place to work in
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Very comfortable and pleasing work environment. Very upscale in the growth. Company is on the raise. From GM to the employees they put the patients first .
Enjoyed working this comapny
Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2015
Peninsula laboratories was located in San Corlos, CA. The company manufactured peptides for diagnostics and clinical trials. The company was acquired and now is closed.
A Difference Maker for Customers
Service Products Coordinator (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 8, 2015
I am seeking to be the bridge for customers to get them from point "A" to point "B" where "A" is for issue or challenge and "B" is for destination or resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers whether it be on phone, email, or other media.
Great Team. Great Place. Great Product.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2015
It is a Great Team to work with the latest innovative technologies. I learnt how to focus on customer satisfaction. Management and co-workers are friendly.
Accounts Payable
Shared Services Accounts Payable Representative (Current Employee), Paisley, SCTJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: team spirit
Processed and paid multicurrency invoices from EMEA vendors for two entities in France. Liaised with suppliers and internal teams in French, Portuguese and Spanish on a daily basis to resolve queries.
Environment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2015
I would have to get layered in the PPE, and sit in an environment of special protection. Working with medication was a different experience but one i am glad i had.
Nice place to work
Technical Sales Specialist (South India) (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 6, 2015
Being a Techno-Commercial role, this position requires travel and connecting with existing and prospective customers for technical presentations, Technical discussions, Organize Trainings/ Demo for prospective customers and training for new customers, Organizing seminars / conferences, Generate new leads, etc apart being responsible for achieving the sales numbers.
thermo fisher is ok but pay is horrible
QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2015
family oriented, pay is horrible, management can be a little sketchy at times, but overall its a decent place to work. please i dont have anymore to say
Lots of new technology
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 23, 2014
Electronics Test Technician I preformed many task to ensure the success of the company. I tested, troubleshot and built scientific instruments and microscopes using calibrated hand tools and power tools. There was a large push for outsourcing and layoffs were a anual event
In summery I enjoyed working in the lab and working with my co-workers.
Senior Manufacturing Technician III Production (Former Employee), Carlsbad CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed my work and working with co-workers.
Cons: sometimes it was difficult to cross train.
My typical day would start early I would come in (most of the time I would have things setup prior to me leaving the previous day) and start performing my duties, then I would get to a stopping point so I can attend our daily production meeting. After meeting I would continue with my production process while assisting others with questions to different assays or location of material needed for their assays’. Most of the time I was working independently, but I would continue with the process insuring all of my batch records were up to date in real time until I either finish with the process or get to a necessary stopping point to close out the day or to attend other meeting involving the different teams I was involved with.

I really didn’t see my supervisor unless I had to get an authorization on something or a needed another opinion on something.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers most of them were a pleasure to interact with that is what kept the day pleasant and not boring.

The hardest part and most frustrating of the day is when I’m in the middle of a process or looking to set up for a process and the equipment or material I need mysteriously disappeared.

The most enjoyable part was finishing up a process and performing the quality test and it performs just as we advertised to our customers.
OK
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), OhioDecember 14, 2014
Really enjoy what I do. Would like more opportunity for growth, advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos