Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good
Shipping Dept (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work was always fast pace, on my feet and interesting. The co-workers were always friendly and ready to help!
Fisher Scientific not the best place to work
Account Representative (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaOctober 17, 2015
Poor cousin of Thermo Fisher Scientific with no investments and a poor go to market strategy. Management does not understand the what the fundamental strength of this company could be. The goal is to say we add value but it is not clear what the value add is.
Good company
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2015
- large multi-national company
- owns huge market share in Canada and well-known by customers
- provides good sales training
structured work place
Field Service Eng (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2015
Great customer and great equipment
Its all about the $ and numbers and customer satisfaction
heavy on paperwork
your kept on a short leash
Big yet cheap company
Accounting Administrator (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Although it is a big big company the pay scale at this place is very low. one would think that if the company is doing so well they would treat their employees well, but it is only the upper management that gets treated like heroes while all the work done is by the lower management. Even after working so hard, you nothing in appreciation. If you get an interview, say no.. unless they say they give you a good package. Negotiate. You are worth more than what they say.
Good place to work, good team to work with
Customer Service Representative, Data (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: company always changing
I enjoyed working for Thermo Fisher while it lasted. I was a temp to hire, and it was a long road. The management was great, as were the health benefits and also the starting salary was fair. I learned valuable skills working with this company, and they also provided an extensive training program. My co-workers were great to work with and were a fun bunch of ladies. If it weren't for the company merging with life technologies and laying our division off, I would still have enjoyed working here.
Good Job
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 7, 2014
Was Engineering Technician for manufacturing facility. Designed, operated and maintained all machinery and all Machinery within building envelope.
Daily schedule is done by CUSTOMER
Technical Support.Practicum (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Customers are the main focus...Every day has its own schedule based on customer needs
low pay for skilled job.
sales exec (Former Employee), ttawaMay 14, 2014
They dont care about the workers. Thrre just trying to increase as much as they can not caring about employees. Chea cheap company for such a nig company.
Work/Life balance
Senior Integration Project Lead (Current Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 28, 2013
Work/Life balance is poor and working ours are very long. No training is provided and it is left to the employee to do their job.
Perfect job if you have no other options....
Production Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnAugust 26, 2013
Cons: rewards never given out as promised, removal of most of the incentives to continue working there
Better than being unemployed, but sadly not by much. The pay is horrendous for anyone hourly. The bonuses promised are never received, and there is a great deal of stress put on your shoulders for very little incentives.

Raises were cut in half three years ago claiming it to be the poor economy but the past two years our sales have grown over 200%, the little guys like us see nothing of it. Each annual raise is less than half of what cost of living rises each year.

Promised hours have been cut back from 44 hours weekly to 40, when you get paid little that slight bit extra means the difference between going hungry and paying the electric bill.
Big company with amazing people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches
• Work with minimal supervision to increase and maintain sales
• Meet assigned objectives while developing working business relationships with customers and vendors and attending meetings
• Managed and exceeded budget in a $1.7M territory consisting of pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, academic and clinical accounts
• Communicate with clients via telephone, email and fax
• Organise and coordinate customer lab setup plans
• Perform sales and explain features and benefits on different instruments
• Attend multiple seminars on various lab equipments
• Apply data entry and customer information on a daily basis
• Calculate daily sales and margin on a daily basis
• Handled industrial, academic, clinical, and biotech accounts
Dynamic and Changing workplace
Vice President Commercial Operation Asia (Former Employee), Japan, China and CanadaApril 24, 2013
Pros: international experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. The company enables its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services
A really great company
Réception (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity
Cons: one specific employee
This is probably my favorite job. I came in through an employment agency and before I knew it I was asked to take the role of head receptionist (a prestigious job considering the size of this international company). Day to day was more or less the same routine but with the extra time I had I would help different departments. The staff were quite reasonable, well organized, professional, cordial and other positive descriptions. I only have positive things to say about this company.
Presse citron
Account manager (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Travail a la maison
Cons: BONUS
Compagnie americaine tres avares de $ aucune retention de talent.