Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Daily schedule is done by CUSTOMER
Technical Support.Practicum (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Customers are the main focus...Every day has its own schedule based on customer needs
low pay for skilled job.
sales exec (Former Employee), ttawaMay 14, 2014
They dont care about the workers. Thrre just trying to increase as much as they can not caring about employees. Chea cheap company for such a nig company.
Perfect job if you have no other options....
Production Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnAugust 26, 2013
Cons: rewards never given out as promised, removal of most of the incentives to continue working there
Better than being unemployed, but sadly not by much. The pay is horrendous for anyone hourly. The bonuses promised are never received, and there is a great deal of stress put on your shoulders for very little incentives.

Raises were cut in half three years ago claiming it to be the poor economy but the past two years our sales have grown over 200%, – more... the little guys like us see nothing of it. Each annual raise is less than half of what cost of living rises each year.

Promised hours have been cut back from 44 hours weekly to 40, when you get paid little that slight bit extra means the difference between going hungry and paying the electric bill. – less
Big company with amazing people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches
• Work with minimal supervision to increase and maintain sales
• Meet assigned objectives while developing working business relationships with customers and vendors and attending meetings
• Managed and exceeded budget in a $1.7M territory consisting of pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, academic and clinical accounts
• Communicate with clients via – more... telephone, email and fax
• Organise and coordinate customer lab setup plans
• Perform sales and explain features and benefits on different instruments
• Attend multiple seminars on various lab equipments
• Apply data entry and customer information on a daily basis
• Calculate daily sales and margin on a daily basis
• Handled industrial, academic, clinical, and biotech accounts – less
Dynamic and Changing workplace
Vice President Commercial Operation Asia (Former Employee), Japan, China and CanadaApril 24, 2013
Pros: international experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. The company enables its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services
A really great company
Réception (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity
Cons: one specific employee
This is probably my favorite job. I came in through an employment agency and before I knew it I was asked to take the role of head receptionist (a prestigious job considering the size of this international company). Day to day was more or less the same routine but with the extra time I had I would help different departments. The staff were quite reasonable, – more... well organized, professional, cordial and other positive descriptions. I only have positive things to say about this company. – less
A very stressful place to work.
Associate Material Handler (Former Employee), Frederick, MDOctober 22, 2014
Cons: not fun at all
The Management team needs to step up. The way they run the place is ridiculous.
Good
OPERATOR AND PACKER (Former Employee), penfieldOctober 22, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: mandatory overtime
really good place to work good benefits friendly coworker nice and clean environment to work
Great team work to acheive the same goal.
TECHNICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), East Providence, RIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: location of business 6.0 miles from my home. very convient.
Cons: lay off was very sad.
I enjoyed working with this company. They have a great staff. Everyone I worked with we got along great. Everyone reached out to help everyone else.
Management had an open door if you needed any help, time off or just need assistance with an issue.
I learned from this group of QA folks how to manage my time more efficient.
I learned how to use different – more... instruments for inspections. To complete my job requirements more accurately and being able to move onto other items that need attention. – less
A day in the office
Scientist II-Synthetic Biology (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 14, 2014
The last couple of years have been magnificent at Life Technologies. I've learnt from excellent managers and peers at this company. Now having been acquired by Thermo Fisher Scientific, the company has a chance to grow and become the guide light for genetic kits and products.
really enjoyed working here
assembly (Former Employee), Marietta, OHOctober 13, 2014
I worked night shift.
I learned how to build mother boards and such.
co-workers were awesome.
Overall a sound company with sound growth potential
Global Finance Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield, IllinoisOctober 13, 2014
Pros: challanging environment and ability to impact results
Cons: no free lunch
A typical day is spent speaking to business leadership across the division to manage operating performance. Review various financial results to ensure proper communicaiton of activities towards goal achievement.
Excellent For Single People
Senior Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 8, 2014
Lots of travel with stressful quotas. Outstanding boss to work for. Learned alot while at this company
Workplace ethic
putaway operator (Former Employee), Nazareth PaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: lunch ins.
Cons: dont hire for temp sneaky management
Clean environment comfortable place to work and become adapted too but cant expect to be hired
Nothing fun to do other than having fun with the employees
Team Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: picnic once a year
Cons: insurance was very high
I loved my job and I loved all my employees. I was released from my duties because I missed the shipping date of a case of medication.
Before the last merge with Dionex, Thermo was top notch.
Site Coordinator, Import & Export Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CA.September 23, 2014
Pros: great benifits. competitive pay.
Cons: work load is overwhelming.
Sadly, not all mergers are beneficial to a world leader like Thermo Fisher Scientific. Perhaps in 6 months, or a year. Thermo will pull itself out of the hole that was opened with the merger of Dionex into the San Jose site.
Much work is needed to get life at Thermo back to "normal" again.
Great company to work for. Management is ok.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great and inexpensive on-site cafeteria
Cons: to much down time
Fantastic co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the down time.
I learned that although I asked for more tasks and responsibilities it was used against me. "you will be bored in the position" The most enjoyable was learning about the company. Supporting the c-levvel executives. A typical day was reviewing and updating the VP's calendar. answering – more... incoming calls. arranging domestic and international travel for executives. Answering calls from people who spoke spanish and portugese and being able to direct them to appropriate people. Putting together quarterly reports.
Creating power point slides for meetings and conferences.Traveling to other office sites. arranging conference calls and helping out with events. – less
I got to interact with people from all over the world.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: we had a break room with free coffee and filtered water.
I had a great group of people to work with, both in the office and out in the field. I enjoyed the interaction with my customers. Was able to expand my skills while I worked. The company had great health insurance.
Content Architect (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria, gym and flexible work schedule (depends on department and manager)
Cons: high turnover in management
Just about everyone is professional and does their best. There are opportunities to grow within the company and for career development.
production and fun work place
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee), Suwanee, GASeptember 17, 2014
production
shipping
recieving
machine operation
computer scanners

1 2 3 4 5

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos