Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Daily schedule is done by CUSTOMER
Technical Support.Practicum (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Customers are the main focus...Every day has its own schedule based on customer needs
low pay for skilled job.
sales exec (Former Employee), ttawaMay 14, 2014
They dont care about the workers. Thrre just trying to increase as much as they can not caring about employees. Chea cheap company for such a nig company.
Perfect job if you have no other options....
Production Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnAugust 26, 2013
Cons: rewards never given out as promised, removal of most of the incentives to continue working there
Better than being unemployed, but sadly not by much. The pay is horrendous for anyone hourly. The bonuses promised are never received, and there is a great deal of stress put on your shoulders for very little incentives.

Raises were cut in half three years ago claiming it to be the poor economy but the past two years our sales have grown over 200%, the little guys like us see nothing of it. Each annual raise is less than half of what cost of living rises each year.

Promised hours have been cut back from 44 hours weekly to 40, when you get paid little that slight bit extra means the difference between going hungry and paying the electric bill.
Big company with amazing people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches
• Work with minimal supervision to increase and maintain sales
• Meet assigned objectives while developing working business relationships with customers and vendors and attending meetings
• Managed and exceeded budget in a $1.7M territory consisting of pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, academic and clinical accounts
• Communicate with clients via telephone, email and fax
• Organise and coordinate customer lab setup plans
• Perform sales and explain features and benefits on different instruments
• Attend multiple seminars on various lab equipments
• Apply data entry and customer information on a daily basis
• Calculate daily sales and margin on a daily basis
• Handled industrial, academic, clinical, and biotech accounts
Dynamic and Changing workplace
Vice President Commercial Operation Asia (Former Employee), Japan, China and CanadaApril 24, 2013
Pros: international experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. The company enables its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services
A really great company
Réception (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity
Cons: one specific employee
This is probably my favorite job. I came in through an employment agency and before I knew it I was asked to take the role of head receptionist (a prestigious job considering the size of this international company). Day to day was more or less the same routine but with the extra time I had I would help different departments. The staff were quite reasonable, well organized, professional, cordial and other positive descriptions. I only have positive things to say about this company.

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos