Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Daily schedule is done by CUSTOMER
Technical Support.Practicum (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Customers are the main focus...Every day has its own schedule based on customer needs
low pay for skilled job.
sales exec (Former Employee), ttawaMay 14, 2014
They dont care about the workers. Thrre just trying to increase as much as they can not caring about employees. Chea cheap company for such a nig company.
Perfect job if you have no other options....
Production Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnAugust 26, 2013
Cons: rewards never given out as promised, removal of most of the incentives to continue working there
Better than being unemployed, but sadly not by much. The pay is horrendous for anyone hourly. The bonuses promised are never received, and there is a great deal of stress put on your shoulders for very little incentives.

Raises were cut in half three years ago claiming it to be the poor economy but the past two years our sales have grown over 200%, – more... the little guys like us see nothing of it. Each annual raise is less than half of what cost of living rises each year.

Promised hours have been cut back from 44 hours weekly to 40, when you get paid little that slight bit extra means the difference between going hungry and paying the electric bill. – less
Big company with amazing people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, free lunches
• Work with minimal supervision to increase and maintain sales
• Meet assigned objectives while developing working business relationships with customers and vendors and attending meetings
• Managed and exceeded budget in a $1.7M territory consisting of pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, academic and clinical accounts
• Communicate with clients via – more... telephone, email and fax
• Organise and coordinate customer lab setup plans
• Perform sales and explain features and benefits on different instruments
• Attend multiple seminars on various lab equipments
• Apply data entry and customer information on a daily basis
• Calculate daily sales and margin on a daily basis
• Handled industrial, academic, clinical, and biotech accounts – less
Dynamic and Changing workplace
Vice President Commercial Operation Asia (Former Employee), Japan, China and CanadaApril 24, 2013
Pros: international experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. The company enables its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services
A really great company
Réception (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity
Cons: one specific employee
This is probably my favorite job. I came in through an employment agency and before I knew it I was asked to take the role of head receptionist (a prestigious job considering the size of this international company). Day to day was more or less the same routine but with the extra time I had I would help different departments. The staff were quite reasonable, – more... well organized, professional, cordial and other positive descriptions. I only have positive things to say about this company. – less
In summery I enjoyed working in the lab and working with my co-workers.
Senior Manufacturing Technician III Production (Former Employee), Carlsbad CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed my work and working with co-workers.
Cons: sometimes it was difficult to cross train.
My typical day would start early I would come in (most of the time I would have things setup prior to me leaving the previous day) and start performing my duties, then I would get to a stopping point so I can attend our daily production meeting. After meeting I would continue with my production process while assisting others with questions to different – more... assays or location of material needed for their assays’. Most of the time I was working independently, but I would continue with the process insuring all of my batch records were up to date in real time until I either finish with the process or get to a necessary stopping point to close out the day or to attend other meeting involving the different teams I was involved with.

I really didn’t see my supervisor unless I had to get an authorization on something or a needed another opinion on something.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers most of them were a pleasure to interact with that is what kept the day pleasant and not boring.

The hardest part and most frustrating of the day is when I’m in the middle of a process or looking to set up for a process and the equipment or material I need mysteriously disappeared.

The most enjoyable part was finishing up a process and performing the quality test and it performs just as we advertised to our customers. – less
OK
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), OhioDecember 14, 2014
Really enjoy what I do. Would like more opportunity for growth, advancement.
Solder
Optoelectronic Assembler (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
• Assembled systems following blue print specification, and using hand and power tools
Great place to learn and fun sales meetings!
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: varied jobs - world travel
I enjoyed my time with Thermo Fisher Scientific and was able to see and do a lot of different things during my career there. I would not trade it for anything in the world!

Because of what I worked on I was able to interact with many departments such as R&D, Engineering (hardware and software), Quality Control, Field Service and Supply Chain. I believe – more... this has helped me develop great all around skills that a new employer would find great to have. – less
Good Company to work for
Test Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 29, 2014
I learned so much while working for this company with great technicians and great people that had to much knowledge to share and help to work as a team.
Aggresive growth company, with a very large matrix enviroment
Director, NA Business Expansion/Service Sales (Current Employee), North AmericaNovember 27, 2014
Pros: good leadership
Cons: challenging matrix enviroment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a good company to work at, especially if you like a challenging environment. Due to constant acquisitions, participation on implementation teams is a must, and enjoyable if you are the type of person that enjoys continuous education, and thinking out of the box. Thermo Fisher has drastically improved my abilities with Intra – more... divisional relationship skills due to the matrix environment. Thermo Fisher is also an organization that invest heavily in process improvement initiatives, so participating and leading Kaizen events has been very enjoyable. – less
terrible place to work for
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Grand Island New YorkNovember 21, 2014
Pros: nothing at all. i hated going in every day!!!!!!!!
Cons: no life and management was so disorganized!
worked at the grand island location in N.Y. Was terrible in every way possible. Favortism was huge in the department I was in.. It reminded me of High School all over again. Everyone thinks and acts like management but management. I wouldn't work there again even if the company offered me a salary position doing nothing all day. You had no life working – more... there. you had to work every weekend and at least stay two hours after your shift everyday. you never knew when you were going to go home. The money was good but I would rather have my sanity!!!!!!!! – less
Productive.
Custodain -Maint (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 19, 2014
It's and ok to work!!!! good people to work with,job can be hard at times but its all in days work.Many different cultures of people to work with but interesting.
Inventory Management
SENIOR SITE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and working conditions
Cons: na
Fantastic place to work. Great co-workers and management team. Advancement is for who is willing to work and go the extra mile.
Scientific Instrument Company
Supply Chain Buyer (Former Employee), CambridgeNovember 16, 2014
Much learnt within the Purchasing department.

Many long-serving members of the company.

Much change happened whilst I worked at the company, including movement of offices to other countries.
Great Company
Associate Site Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 14, 2014
Cons: seems hard to move up the ladder. not much help with making this possible.
Great job. Great people to work with. Lots of involvement with numerous divisions on a daily basis along with constantly learning something new.
Thermo Fisher
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2014
Thermo Fisher is a good company to work for with good benefits.
Very productive and a good place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great boss, good place to work
Cons: not fair in some cases
Handle customer phone calls, deal with customer complaints,issue return authorizations for customer to send equipment in for service. Send out quotes for services rendered,collect payment and process customer orders for invoicing. Provide backup for other administrative task if needed.
Good place to work overall
Strategic Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 9, 2014
Great technology and good group of people and managers. The work life balance is maintained and management takes care of employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, – Read more

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos