Thermo Design Engineering Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
My typical day included welding.I learned more techniques of welding.Management was easy to work for.I enjoyed learning more about welding.Good place to work.
great place to work!! great boss!!!
maintenance / tool crib foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2016
great job! great boss! and awesome people to work with!! it is a large facility with 6 production shops, so there is always something to do,
Pros
the guys i worked with
Cons
i got layed off
Great Opportunity
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 March 2016
Great and dynamic place to work. An ever changing scope of work leads to a very rewarding career. Excellent management team with a great vision for the future. Soon to be the preferred contractor in Western Canada.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Long Hours
Lack of change in order to comply with today's QC standards.
QC Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2016
Typical day consisted of major data entry.

I learnt that it's difficult to to get long time employees to change and comply with QC standards.

My manager was excellent, it was difficult to see the challenges he went through fighting with upper management in order to yet again comply with QC standards that were clearly written.

Coworkers were amazing.
Pros
Fairly Flexible, excellent wage
Cons
Unorganized stuck in the 80's
Great team spirit
Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Shop 521 October 2015
Many cultures working together to form a winning result. Good people, good atmosphere, everyone works together as a great team.
Pros
Good People
productive, but poorly managed company
Crane Operator/Foreman (Current Employee) –  edmonton, ab15 September 2015
i am proud to work in the position i am in. and i strive to better my company, but as most large oil and gas company's there is a lack of communication from the ground floor, to the top end.
Good Entry level
Apprentice steamfitter/pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2015
Good place to learn how industry works and offers many apprenticeships. Fun employees and management to work with, lots of knowledge to offer from a company.
Productive workplace with job security and can learn a lot.
Level-2 QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2015
Easy place to get along with all workers. City work, Lots of hours and competitive pay. Lots to learn for apprentices . Management inspire workers for independent work.
people were good
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2015
My typical day at work would be to copy & release drawings for fabrication. I troubleshooted problems (usually on a daily basis). I proofread documents. I organized & filed daily. I photocopied & scanned documents daily. I hand delivered drawings &/or documents per release log. I also assembled & copied project manuals, as well as archived finished projects. I maintained project document lists.

Management was good and most co-workers were helpful.

I didn't find the job hard, I found it challenging & rewarding.
a place to work, not a place to career
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2014
Friendly environment, but difficult to balance work and life unless you know how to play politics
Great wage but not beneficial for 2nd or 3rd Apprentices
Full Time- Day Shift (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2014
I was a apprentice at TDE and it was alright, good people but lots of politics, everyone knew everything, and work experience was alright. Being an apprentice all you really do is grind, man watch ( if you have confined space ticket), a few misc jobs, and limited welding. But most of the company is B pressure work but unfortunately i wasn't able to be transferred to structural side of the company. For a B pressure welder or any type journeyman its easier and you get lots of work.
Pros
Great Wage and Benefits, Job Secure, in town, good safety program and personnel and lots of work
Cons
limited welding for apprentice, how use their apprentices, organization, lacks, and political