Thermal Systems is a building envelope, mechanical insulation and day lighting subcontractor that serves the Commercial and Industrial markets across Western Canada and beyond. We look for the most complicated jobs to challenge our highly skilled workforce. Our goal to all stakeholders is to be the best subcontractor on site every time.
Thermal Systems is involved with projects for the entire construction life cycle, from conception to final completion, offering multi-scope solutions. Since 1985, we’ve exclusively represented only the highest quality exterior products, held a rigorous commitment to service, while maintaining access to hundreds of our own skilled installers. We have the knowledge and experience to build a project the right way, from the small but important features, to projects surpassing 30 million dollars, all around the world. We Build Inspired Visions.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, This is a full-time position based at Calgary’s head office location, providing support in the areas of day to day Human Resource Services, Recruitment, Employee relations, Training, Compensation & Benefits programs, as well as HR related Policies, Procedures and Programs.
Human Resources Generalist Requirements:
- An active participant in strategic planning for HR department through providing input and support to the design, development, and execution of HR policies, and procedures
- Lead, track and provide support with Performance review process, as well as facilitate associated training programs
- Facilitate employee on-boarding, development needs assessments and training
- Active participant in recruitment, staffing and retention, including foreign worker programs
- Ensure compliance with Provincial laws and regulations related to employment standards, human rights, and privacy legislation.
- Actively participate in the facilitation of Performance management / improvement systems
- Lead the investigation and resolution of employee relations issues with the support of HR team
- Collaborate with HSE on company Alcohol and Drug testing and WCB programs
- Facilitate training for Management, Office and Field staff on company policies, programs, and HR systems.
- Update HR systems through the reporting, tracking and analysis of related data
- Administration of compensation and benefits programs
- Maintain employee files
- Conduct exit interviews; identify key trends and/or issues, as well as present recommendations for improvement
- Lead Temporary Foreign Worker program
- Lead the administration of Apprenticeship programs
Education, Knowledge, and Skills Preferred:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in performance management, recruitment, organization development, training, and employee relations
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, and/or CHRP certification or willingness to work towards
- 3-5 years progressive experience in a generalist role, preferably in the construction industry
- Proven success in the facilitation of training sessions at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of provincial employment laws and practices
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in foreign worker recruitment for both craft and staff positions, including LMO’s, work permits, and immigration practices
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Thermal Systems is a building envelope, mechanical insulation and day lighting subcontractor that serves the Commercial and Industrial...