Reporting to the Project Coordinator or the Project Manager on-site, this position coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. As a key participant in the relationship with the Client and with Thermal Energy Services, the Project Superintendent acts as the Management Liaison and Client Interface within his/her limits of authority.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes construction inclusive of Safety Performance, Productivity and Quality, and a retrofit work plan.
- Leads a crew of multi discipline workers and tradesmen.
- Manages the workforce and completes work within the schedule and budget provided, in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with the Client/Owner, Owner’s Representatives, 3rd Party Service Providers and Safety Codes Personnel including the ABSA.
- Provides timely upward communication of project risks and provides recommendations to mitigate the risks identified.
- Makes recommendations for organizational changes and project improvements.
- Ensures utilization of the Company Management system and presents innovative ideas for improvements.
- Provides support for the implementation of the Quality Control program.
- Ensures that accurate construction logs are maintained on a daily basis.
- Other tasks as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma.
- Boilermaker or similar Trade Designation, Construction Technology or similar Technical Education and Industry specific training.
- Project Management, Supervisory skills, heavy construction skills specific to the steam and power generating facilities.
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a Supervisory position and similar project experience with new boiler field erection, various steam generator repairs, rebuilds and retrofit projects, HRSG, OSTG and large Package Boiler Assembly.
- Strong ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Knowledge of rigging, fitting and welding.
- Experience in the Oil sands or in a SAGD setting.
- Comfortable working in an open shop environment, experience working on Package Boilers, OTSG’s, OTHRSG’s and Nooter Eriksen HRSG’s.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Effective verbal, written and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and is a self starter.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
To apply: Please submit your Resume to Attention: Laurie, Human Resources Recruiter through the Careers section at: www.thermalenergy.ca.
Thank you to all who apply, only suitable applicants will be contacted. No Recruitment Agencies, please.