Position: Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Theralase Inc., Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: Dec-3-13
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and develop ARM processor based digital circuitry
- Design and develop analog sensor circuitry
- Provide PCB designers with design input
- Design with VHDL, Xilinx FPGAs and tool suites
- Participate in group and one-on-one design reviews
- Prepare engineering documentation
- Track and report progress toward a project's objectives
- Interact with team members( mechanical designers and software developers ) and project management to prepare product specifications and test plans
- Identify and control project risk associated with firmware development, working with project management and other team members to implement risk-reducing plans.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post secondary degree or diploma with five or more years of professional experience designing, debugging, testing and validating new products
- Experience with Laser diode and photo-detector circuitry an asset
- Experience with agency approval standards – CSA, UL, CE, etc.
- Experience with medical standards ( CSA.601 3rd edition ) an asset
- Understanding of low noise and low power analog and digital design techniques
- Strong knowledge of CAD tool sets - Altium preferred
- Familiarity with FPGA and MCU designs, ARM processors and Xilinx Spartan III preferred
- Experience with I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-485 or other inter-processor communication hardware
- Experience with USB hardware interfaces
- RF experience with radio modules – WiFi, Blue Tooth an asset
- Strong communication skills, allowing the candidate to rapidly share knowledge
- Be familiar with common electronic lab equipment.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Theralase is in the process of developing the next generation of state of the art therapeutic medical laser systems based on our new...