Riverdale High School Summer Camp
- Create, organize and implement yoga lessons for children ages 5-12 years old.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with participants (campers ages 5-12) in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to animate 10 to 20 children
- Experience working with children
- Dynamic, energetic and punctual
- Student will be responsible for researching and coordinating Yoga Lessons.
- Plans and provides Yoga instruction that is appropriate to the ability level of different age groups and makes the activity appealing and fun
- Monitors and interacts with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to equipment, other children, and surroundings.
- Teachers should be patient, motivating and trustworthy
- Cleans and maintains the area in which Yoga activities will take place.
- Articulates extensive knowledge of the Youth Stars Dance, Sports and Arts Camp, and it’s services, policies, and procedures
- Sets up and puts away equipment, supplies and materials used.
- Enthusiasm and creativity are assets, as are strong organizational skills
- Attends staff meetings
- Ensures safe and effective classes. Responds to, and reports, accidents and incidents
- Explain and demonstrate activities to participants
- Inspire and motivate children to attend each class and encourages each child to be active in their daily lives.
- Convey and promote the importance of healthy living, proper nutrition habits and the benefits of Yoga and fitness.
- Bilingualism is required
- Infant/Child and Adult CPR/AED required.
- Student will be responsible and required to take a CPR/AED course (if they are not already certified) organized by the Youth Stars Foundation, prior to their employment start date.
- Background check will be required
Indeed - 23 months ago
The Youth Stars Foundation is a Montreal run, non profit organization, serving a diversely linguistic and cultural youth population. We use...